Petition for Jeff Bezos to buy Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is zero evidence Bezos even knows what "proper football" is, and less that he cares. There are some rumours he wants in on the NFL, but those, too, seem to just be the product of wishful fans. The man's vision clearly revolves around world domination and space exploration...the idea that he'd waste time and capital resources on sport is just not fitting with anything he projects.... and if he did, it'd only be to siphon off profits to subsidize his rockets. Which would make more sense with the NFL where costs are controlled, profits basically guaranteed, and no one cares what any of the owners do with their slice off the top.
Ah, but we know someone else who also wants in on the NFL gravy train, so, y'know...
SAe7cB.gif

:levywtf::levywhoa:
At least the stadium would be named
What, "Jeff Stadium"?

If I had his money the last thing I would do is give it away at 400k a week to an individual.
Think of the good you could do? Fully fund this site for a start!

Ah, but we know someone else who also wants in on the NFL gravy train, so, y'know...
SAe7cB.gif

:levywtf::levywhoa:

What, "Jeff Stadium"?
ENIC getting in on the NFL is the ultimate fear delusion of some Spurs supporters. Quite simply, Lewis is too broke to even make an approach. Most his wealth is tied up in Spurs at this point, he'd never pass financial muster. Last time an NFL franchise sold it was for $2.2B, and that was before the latest TV deals. It'd cost $3B+ to even buy the Jaguars or Titans today.

Fucking disgrace what happened to the great Bum team of Earl and Pastorini. Luv ya blue!
I'm a native Houstonian, so this is the first time I've ever actually used the new franchise name and only to avoid confusing the uninitiated.

That said, even when the Oilers were still in Houston, I wasn't a Houston fan. The Adams family have always been a cringefest (a lot like ENIC, really, just in it for the money - minimal investment for maximum profit).

Back
Top Bottom