Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There are several reasons why players prefer a club against another. Likelyhood of winning a trophy, money, likelyhood of playing ( strikers do not come to us because of Kane) location, London is attractive.
Any Decent DM should know that there is a good chance of getting plenty of playing time at Spurs and being in London could convince them it us a better bet than a bigger club if they have an established DM.

There are several reasons why players prefer a club against another. Likelyhood of winning a trophy, money, likelyhood of playing ( strikers do not come to us because of Kane) location, London is attractive.
Any Decent DM should know that there is a good chance of getting plenty of playing time at Spurs and being in London could convince them it us a better bet than a bigger club if they have an established DM.
I'd argue that you forgot about relationships. Both with current players and coaching staff.

Perhaps not as important for some, but for others it could be the deciding factor.

The London life is a big pull in all of this, it's why we would have the edge of clubs such as Everton or Newcastle although in the case of the latter not for much longer.
Whatever the reason it certainly isn't that they are coming to win anything.😂😁

So what if the big boys don’t want him?
If the big boys didn’t want Sonny, would you then say we play second fiddle and therefore have to accept an inferior player?
I don’t get the need to have the “big boys” show interest in a player we like to confirm that the player is, in fact, good.
. Although we are one of the big boys ourselves, aint we?
At least financially we are.
One of the biggest in Europe.

Isn't it about time we started shopping for the same quality as our rivals. Maybe that's the key to going one step further and actually winning stuff?

Lets not kid ourselves here.
In every other way we act and look like one of the biggest boys around.

We pay the highest boardroom salaries in English football.
We charge the highest ticket prices in Planet football.
And we record the highest profit margin in European football!
But when it comes to signing players, we act like the snotty little poor kid who has to take his own sandwiches to school.

The worst thing about it is, most of our own fans have been hoodwinked into accepting players like this Hogbjerg bloke as our ceiling.

Personally, I'd rather see my club concentrate less on breaking annual profit margin records, and more on buying better football players.

I'd just find that more exciting for some reason.

Last edited:
Be fucked, let's face it we only have a run at him because the big boys either don't need or want him.
As a club we know that we play second fiddle to others and it will stay that way.
We are at a level where we can compete with the Everton’s, Newcastle‘s of the world and probably the same level in Italy, Germany & Spain but when it comes to the top of the tree we have to make do with the scraps......

We have one of the best strikers in the world and a workmanlike back 4, as well as pace in the top half of the pitch. We don’t need an amazing player, just someone who can stop opposition MF crashing through to the defence again and again; if he can get it to the front 4 then even better.

I think you’re overstating the role of DM in Jose’s thinking: his job will be to tackle, protect and move the ball sideways to GLC.
I think Skipp could do this role

I think Skipp could do this role
Yes, and good to hear that Mou rates him. But he lacks experience and there's the rub. It's such a key position. It would be a huge ask for a 19-20 year old to be the no. 1 DM at a club with ambitions for top 4. Carrick was 23 yo in first season with us. Busquets broke through at 20, but was a generational talent. So a 6 month loan will be good for him, as long as he gets games.

Probably right in all honesty.

£34,000,000 on a 29 year old doesn't really seem up Levy's street does it?

Fair play Everton if they get that one done though.
Paying that much for a 29 year old doesn't make sense for alot of teams. There's a reason why Liverpool basically only signed people 26 and under.

When Jose has finished building his side, then we can judge.

He likes big full backs, big midfielders, big defenders, fast attackers.

He probably won't keep KWP, or sign Aaron's. But that's his way.

His team has to be with him. He failed at United because Pogba got fed up with the discipline.

If our lot ever really want to win something, may be worth giving it a go ?

When Jose has finished building his side, then we can judge.

He likes big full backs, big midfielders, big defenders, fast attackers.

He probably won't keep KWP, or sign Aaron's. But that's his way.

His team has to be with him. He failed at United because Pogba got fed up with the discipline.

If our lot ever really want to win something, may be worth giving it a go ?

So far he’s done pretty well all things considered. Form wise he’s jumped up 10 places in the league from what he took over (14th to 4th), with the same nucleus of players. This summer will be on to plug holes and get us more balanced as a collective, the summer after hopefully all of the pandemic would have passed and we can take a few more risks and chances. Overall as foundation growing goes I think he’s doing fine.

Back
Top Bottom