Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

the-sun-22-23-head-to-head-players-aa4fc760-dd9b-47e8-a244-0b945282f2a3.png

I don't see how he can be sold before the last week of the window. With injuries, suspensions and international call ups we have too few bodies to put in the midfield even if he stays.

I don't see how he can be sold before the last week of the window. With injuries, suspensions and international call ups we have too few bodies to put in the midfield even if he stays.

He won’t move out until we have someone coming in I suspect be it Gallagher or Vermeeren.

He won’t move out until we have someone coming in I suspect be it Gallagher or Vermeeren.
With injuries, suspensions and international call ups that would still leave us with only Skipp, Lo Celso and Gallagher at a very busy time.

Matthew Craig and Nile John from the U21s are decent at their level but probably not for the first team (I suspect never, and certainly not now). I would recall Devine if it is possible, he has much more talent. Mikey Moore is a big talent but he is only 16 and plays further forward, more like Donley.

If PEH is so bad - why are so many clubs sniffing for him?
(he doesn't carry the ball that quick or score many goals or dribble pass any opp players..etc)
..unlike Skipp who hardly attracts any inquiries,

Not great today, but a lot better than Skipp.

Only player in the last 20 minutes who looked to progress the ball with Bentancur and Porro.

Sooooo... no one realy wants PEH as I assumed more than week ago already.

Seen next to no real rumors even.
Fulham seems to get Andre from Brazil.
Juventus has eyes set elsewhere, but seemed to be ruling out PEH and Philips.
Atletico linked with Philips.

When at the start of the window, I would have assumed chances of him leaving in January would have been like 60% then now it can't be more than 25-33%...

Not that I would greatly mind him staying. Just felt somehow logical that we'd try to upgrade on him. But when Bissouma and Sarr are back from Afcon and Madders is back as well, we already have some serious midfield on our hands, so no biggie.

Agree that there are not many clubs outside EPL who can buy high-earners from EPL.

However, if situation is as portrayed and PEH wants to be a starter himself, he ALWAYS has an option to settle for like 75 kpw salary and starters position. Also you know, upon signing he will get longer contract. So instead of 18 months on 100 kpw he could get 48 months for 75 kpw.

Also, while talking about finances, saying that "other clubs have no money in winter" is total bollocks. You know very well, that the amount will be paid in installments, across multiple years. So buying club does not need to have 20 mil sitting in the corner for the transfer to happen ;) .

We all know that fees are amortised, my point is that in the middle of the season it's not easy to add a big new earner to your squad if you can't move an existing one out. Most European clubs are already at their limit of spending and can't commit to big new contracts. That's exactly why so little business is being done outside of loan moves.

Back
Top Bottom