Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have a record of 1W and 4Ls in the 5 matches PEH starts (1 was Carabao Cup)

Ange was forced to sub him on in the first half in 2 other matches vs Chelsea and Villa.... we lost those matches too.

Basically if PEH has to play in the first half we lose.

His only positive quality is helping us see out a match we're already winning.

Definitely calmed things down when he came on. Moved to a double pivot with Skipp when he came on and we managed to kill the game off due to it.

No idea what he was thinking passing to Veliz though.

If PEH is so bad - why are so many clubs sniffing for him?
(he doesn't carry the ball that quick or score many goals or dribble pass any opp players..etc)
..unlike Skipp who hardly attracts any inquiries,

If PEH is so bad - why are so many clubs sniffing for him?
(he doesn't carry the ball that quick or score many goals or dribble pass any opp players..etc)
..unlike Skipp who hardly attracts any inquiries,

PEH is not a bad player, is just too slow and too afraid of the ball to play Ange's type of football. He would be a top player for a West Ham level team.

Not great today, but a lot better than Skipp.

Only player in the last 20 minutes who looked to progress the ball with Bentancur and Porro.

Sooooo... no one realy wants PEH as I assumed more than week ago already.

Seen next to no real rumors even.
Fulham seems to get Andre from Brazil.
Juventus has eyes set elsewhere, but seemed to be ruling out PEH and Philips.
Atletico linked with Philips.

When at the start of the window, I would have assumed chances of him leaving in January would have been like 60% then now it can't be more than 25-33%...

Not that I would greatly mind him staying. Just felt somehow logical that we'd try to upgrade on him. But when Bissouma and Sarr are back from Afcon and Madders is back as well, we already have some serious midfield on our hands, so no biggie.

Sooooo... no one realy wants PEH as I assumed more than week ago already.

Seen next to no real rumors even.
Fulham seems to get Andre from Brazil.
Juventus has eyes set elsewhere, but seemed to be ruling out PEH and Philips.
Atletico linked with Philips.

When at the start of the window, I would have assumed chances of him leaving in January would have been like 60% then now it can't be more than 25-33%...

Not that I would greatly mind him staying. Just felt somehow logical that we'd try to upgrade on him. But when Bissouma and Sarr are back from Afcon and Madders is back as well, we already have some serious midfield on our hands, so no biggie.

Nobody can afford him, I think too many fans fail to understand just how little money non-PL clubs have.

Hojbjerg's salary is probably around £100k a week. We'd be looking for a fee of at least £20m too. No European team is going to pay that in the middle of the season. A loan might be possible but if we don't get a fee or at least an obligation to buy, that doesn't help us at all. It has become incredibly difficult for English clubs to sell their unwanted players because the financial disparity between the PL and other leagues is so huge.

Back
Top Bottom