Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In my worst nightmares I didn't dream we would sign him . When I put a list of dm's I would like to sign he is not on any of them . He definitely would not make my top ten of players we could get not Kante or Casemiro. Obviously my number one is Ndidi I even had Javi Martinez on there and I do not believe in signing older players I do believe in keeping older players .There were so many but in typical Spurs fashion we went for the cheap version. I am gutted we got linked with Sergej Savic a true wc cm . He has a bit of everything and would have took us to another level
Oh fuck off

Waaahhhhhhhh we didn’t sign a load of players I rate on my Nintendo waaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

Don’t make me drag out YouTube clips of him passing it forward please

You can do that if you want but then you tube can make anyone look great. You can put Clinton Njie on there and get a few minutes of skill and goals. I looked a YouTube when we signed Georges and thought we had a WC winger boy was I wrong

He definitely would not make my top ten of players we could get not Kante or Casemiro. Obviously my number one is Ndidi I even had Javi Martinez on there and I do not believe in signing older players I do believe in keeping older players.
Ndidi was never an option unless you thought that we were gonna spend £50m (or more) on one midfielder this window.

In my worst nightmares I didn't dream we would sign him . When I put a list of dm's I would like to sign he is not on any of them . He definitely would not make my top ten of players we could get not Kante or Casemiro. Obviously my number one is Ndidi I even had Javi Martinez on there and I do not believe in signing older players I do believe in keeping older players .There were so many but in typical Spurs fashion we went for the cheap version. I am gutted we got linked with Sergej Savic a true wc cm . He has a bit of everything and would have took us to another level
Well let’s hope Jose knows a bit more about signing players then you do :mourbringit:

You can do that if you want but then you tube can make anyone look great. You can put Clinton Njie on there and get a few minutes of skill and goals. I looked a YouTube when we signed Georges and thought we had a WC winger boy was I wrong
I’m gonna stop you right there. You’re going to be the second person I have to lecture about using words by their meaning aren’t I.

I didn’t say he was great.
You said he can only pass it backwards and sideways.

If I post clips of him passing it forward, that makes you wrong. Nothing to do with skill levels.

Saints Fan here in peace.

I wanted to wait until it officially happened before commenting.

In Hojbjerg you're getting a player who will leave everything on the pitch, he will put in a proper shift.

But if you found Mourinho's football frustrating, you wait till he starts playing Hojbjerg.

Hojbjerg's passing stats are off the charts, but they deceive.

Most of his completed passes are lobs straight back to the keeper or sideways.

He's a battler and he will fight for your shirt but I can't help but feel he's going to frustrate a lot of spurs fans because his decision making is abysmal.

You're going to be in a position poised for an attack and he'll turn round and pass it straight backwards, for possesion type football mourinho plays, he's perfect.

Our form after the restart was largely without PEH and we played a lot more attacking football.

Hojbjerg is loyal and he gave us 4 solid years. (I think it's 4).

But imo, Wanyama is a MUCH better player when you had him of us than where Hojbjerg is now, by MILES.

For all Hoj's faults, he'll be spurs to the core for you.

On Kyle Walker-Peters, I'm chuffed to get him and you're absolutely nuts to let him go. but I don't think he suits Mourinho's style.
You have a player that suits your system, we have a player that Mourinho wants and will suit our compact counter attacking style

PS; relegation looms

Always been impressed when I've seen him, admittedly don't watch loads of southampton, but looks strong in the tackle and should add a bit of tenacity to our midfield, which is much needed imo. Don't really understand the negativity towards this signing, you're a fool if you believed we were going to go out and spend 50 odd million on Ndidi or someone of that ilk.

Btw I’m loving that everyone who doesn’t like this signing has a random saints fan friend that agrees with them 😂

A close mate of mine is a huge Portsmouth fan and whilst I understand he will have a biased hatred for them, he’s always telling me what a bitter bunch of cunts Southampton fans are. Every player that leaves them, and that’s including VVD, they start pulling out the “he wasn’t that great “ etc etc. Now, we all know PEH is no Roy Keane, but in a Spurs team that’s miles better than Southampton and with a better manager etc, he will do a lot better than he did at Southampton. We know he’s not world class, but we need a solid bruiser with fight in our midfield. We now have that. As for KWP. Good luck son, but far to weak for the premier league.

Mrs. P would certainly approve if we went back to how we announced Ginola.

pv8z1e7wm6g51.png
You're not wrong!!! 😍😍🥰🥰😘😘😘

In Hojbjerg you're getting a player who will leave everything on the pitch, he will put in a proper shift.

But if you found Mourinho's football frustrating, you wait till he starts playing Hojbjerg.

He's a battler and he will fight for your shirt but I can't help but feel he's going to frustrate a lot of spurs fans because his decision making is abysmal.

You're going to be in a position poised for an attack and he'll turn round and pass it straight backwards, for possesion type football mourinho plays, he's perfect.

Our form after the restart was largely without PEH and we played a lot more attacking football.

But imo, Wanyama is a MUCH better player when you had him of us than where Hojbjerg is now, by MILES.

On Kyle Walker-Peters, I'm chuffed to get him and you're absolutely nuts to let him go. but I don't think he suits Mourinho's style.

Re KWP - I'm sorry but you're vastly over-rating him. He's a tidy young player who is about your level but he is never going to develop into a top 6 club fullback, and that's a fact you can take to the bank.

Probably.

I'm going to be a bit kinder to you than some of my more direct colleagues on here...

FUCK OFF

We have made a huge fuck up letting him go.

Thankfully it's to you guys and not a rival for top 5.

Back
Top Bottom