Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think his football boot theatrics disrupted the game, and caused us to lose focus, which in-turn led to the WH goal. The whining, and pointing is an aspect of the game I wish he'd lose.

I think his football boot theatrics disrupted the game, and caused us to lose focus, which in-turn led to the WH goal. The whining, and pointing is an aspect of the game I wish he'd lose.

The boot things wasn't "theatrics".....

I think the will-he-won't-he-ism surrounding him being hurt/subbed was far more disruptive.

The boot things wasn't "theatrics".....

I think the will-he-won't-he-ism surrounding him being hurt/subbed was far more disruptive.
Yes, his boot was f#cked to be fair, but I felt he was making a meal out of changing it, and I agree that the previous injury/sub thing was also a distraction. I just wish he wouldn't whine and complain so much, and amazingly, he ran his injury off. Pleased/relieved to get a point though.

Great through ball to Richarlison. Hojbjerg is some player.

I think a lot of people made a snap judgement about someone who isn’t an elegant player and then just dug in despite the fact he’s a quality player.

Sure he doesn’t have the hips of a Modric or whoever but he is a top drawer CM. Bit of everything to his game - nothing world class (except his mentality) but no weaknesses. Everything to a high level.

Great through ball to Richarlison. Hojbjerg is some player.

I think a lot of people made a snap judgement about someone who isn’t an elegant player and then just dug in despite the fact he’s a quality player.

Sure he doesn’t have the hips of a Modric or whoever but he is a top drawer CM. Bit of everything to his game - nothing world class (except his mentality) but no weaknesses. Everything to a high level.
yea its strange the shit he gets. good player, warrior, good IQ, technically sound. he just isnt flash enough for some.

Of course the massive irony of your point is that Henderson 5 years ago wasn't the Henderson now until an elite coach got hold of him and refined his game, go on look what the Liverpool fans were saying about him when Klopp first came in...exactly the same things that some people are saying now about Hojbjerg, they wanted him gone because he technically wasn't good enough, didn't move the ball quick enough etc...5 years on and he's Liverpool's captain and one of their most important players, go figure.

People who think that Conte is gonna drop Hojbjerg are going to be very disappointed, it's just utter wishful thinking and false hope. Conte has done this before with players that most would consider 'average' he gets a lot more out of them - he did this with Claudio Marchiso for Juve, Matic for Chelsea, and Motta for the Italy team, not the most technical players but hides their deficiencies and enhances their competencies - they are his generals on the pitch because he knows he can trust them, Hojbjerg is going to be no different.

You might as well stop bitching and moaning about him being in the team and get used to it, you'll be much better off for it in the long run.

:contethumb:

yea its strange the shit he gets. good player, warrior, good IQ, technically sound. he just isnt flash enough for some.

I think todays game described him very well -

- his mentality is absolutely top level; he is a fighter and he does not give up
- he is very involved in the game, lots of passes, tackles
- he reads and understands the game well
- though he has bit of an issue with technical ability... it was visible in few occasions - most notably when there was Sess/Perisic ahead of him on the wing who would have had empty room to run into, but Fulham player was putting PEH under pressure... and he just could not poke it past the defender; in few other situations as well it was possible and even most logical to pass the ball forward, but it needed sharp and quick pass to go through and he passed it back instead

Obviously he is important player and he is having good season. We benefit from having him around.
But there is still this feeling that... if there would be this SMAAAALLL touch and ability on him to make those passes... he'd be absolutely unstoppable.

I think todays game described him very well -

- his mentality is absolutely top level; he is a fighter and he does not give up
- he is very involved in the game, lots of passes, tackles
- he reads and understands the game well
- though he has bit of an issue with technical ability... it was visible in few occasions - most notably when there was Sess/Perisic ahead of him on the wing who would have had empty room to run into, but Fulham player was putting PEH under pressure... and he just could not poke it past the defender; in few other situations as well it was possible and even most logical to pass the ball forward, but it needed sharp and quick pass to go through and he passed it back instead

Obviously he is important player and he is having good season. We benefit from having him around.
But there is still this feeling that... if there would be this SMAAAALLL touch and ability on him to make those passes... he'd be absolutely unstoppable.
sometimes his technique does fail him, but ive seen him switch play before with a long ball with his left foot (something that takes unbelievable technique) hes also scored a few nice goals where hes passed it into the bottom corner from outside the box, something that also takes good technique. hes defo no donkey

The only issue with Hojbjerg at Spurs is the club’s inability to pair him in midfield with someone who’s a compliment to his talents. That is the book on the whole subject.

Back
Top Bottom