PL: Aston Villa (H), Sun 3rd October 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi Spurs fans

Honestly don't know what to expect next Sunday. Spurs look very hit and miss.
I thought you looked excellent against Man City in the first match but then throw in no shows like Palace and yesterday.

As for us, bloody awful at Watford the first game but performances have improved as we adjust to life post Jack and the new squad members seem to be settling in. Leon Bailey looks a real threat (or at least he has in the half hour we've seen him play !) but is going to be out until after the International break.

Confidence should be high after the last couple of results, particularly getting the win at Old Trafford which is a very rare event in my lifetime.

One major difference I've noticed this season is the fact that Deano seems to be sending a team out to attack the opposition rather than trying to sit back. He did it at Man United and both games at Chelsea, where we just didn't take our chances and ended up paying the price.

Seems to be more quality in the squad this season, with some of the kids who played in the Youth Cup last season getting some minutes and we had Troare, Bailey, Buendia and El Ghazi all on the bench against Everton last weekend who can come on and affect a game.

No doubt there is huge talent in the Spurs squad that's capable of destroying us, but depends which Spurs team turns up. I actually think the Woolwich result yesterday could work against us, as I'd expect a big response.

Happily take a point.
Welcome to purgatory Villan…

Our first three games weren’t a true reflection of where we are as a club and where we’ve been heading for over the last few years.

The last three are a truer representation. We have a dead man walking as a manager (who is clearly in too deep), a squad of weak minded, soft individuals and a fraudulent, ego-driven chairman - who’s chickens are coming home to roost. A perfect storm for Villa to exploit.

And exploit it you will. As you say, pace, power and playing on the front foot will expose Spurs. Expect the atmosphere to be toxic but your lot will be happy.

Got a lot of time for Aston Villa. Good luck for the rest of the season (after Sunday that is…)

Cheers Henry.

I know quite a few Wolves fans and they were all devastated when Nuno left. He did a great job for them, but once Jimenez had his head injury last season, it all seemed to go down hill rapidly for them without him.

All the best for Spurs as well mate. Far too much talent in the squad for a bad run to continue for long in my eyes.

Hi Spurs fans

I thought you looked excellent against Man City in the first match but then throw in no shows like Palace and yesterday.

As for us, bloody awful at Watford the first game but performances have improved as we adjust to life post Jack and the new squad members seem to be settling in. Leon Bailey looks a real threat (or at least he has in the half hour we've seen him play !) but is going to be out until after the International break.

Confidence should be high after the last couple of results, particularly getting the win at Old Trafford which is a very rare event in my lifetime.

One major difference I've noticed this season is the fact that Deano seems to be sending a team out to attack the opposition rather than trying to sit back. He did it at Man United and both games at Chelsea, where we just didn't take our chances and ended up paying the price.

Seems to be more quality in the squad this season, with some of the kids who played in the Youth Cup last season getting some minutes and we had Troare, Bailey, Buendia and El Ghazi all on the bench against Everton last weekend who can come on and affect a game.

No doubt there is huge talent in the Spurs squad that's capable of destroying us, but depends which Spurs team turns up. I actually think the Woolwich result yesterday could work against us, as I'd expect a big response.

Happily take a point.
Swap managers?

Please?

Cheers Henry.

I know quite a few Wolves fans and they were all devastated when Nuno left. He did a great job for them, but once Jimenez had his head injury last season, it all seemed to go down hill rapidly for them without him.

All the best for Spurs as well mate. Far too much talent in the squad for a bad run to continue for long in my eyes.

Easiest Villa win of the season. Until we play you at Villa Park. Then that will be the easiest.

We can't score and we can't defend. Not a good combination.

Hi Spurs fans

Happily take a point.
Always had a soft spot for Villa, one of the few clubs whose fans I can stomach. Nice to see you getting a decent reception on here, most fans get told to fuck off.

You will beat us, we are riding a toboggan with no breaks and nobody steering down the slipperiest of slippery slopes and we are only at the mid point right now.

There is not an ounce of pride or professionalism in 99% of our squad, the only players I can defend are Son, Gil and Skipp. The rest of them want sacking for the most insipid, chinless, spineless, spunkless performance I can remember from a bunch of slack jawed beta males in a North London derby ever.

Hope they all fuck off as I'm sick of the sight of them and their stench of mediocrity.

Either way think you'll be finishing above us this season and good luck to you, you've had a rough time in recent years.

Always had a soft spot for Villa, one of the few clubs whose fans I can stomach. Nice to see you getting a decent reception on here, most fans get told to fuck off.

You will beat us, we are riding a toboggan with no breaks and nobody steering down the slipperiest of slippery slopes and we are only at the mid point right now.

There is not an ounce of pride or professionalism in 99% of our squad, the only players I can defend are Son, Gil and Skipp. The rest of them want sacking for the most insipid, chinless, spineless, spunkless performance I can remember from a bunch of slack jawed beta males in a North London derby ever.

Hope they all fuck off as I'm sick of the sight of them and their stench of mediocrity.

Either way think you'll be finishing above us this season and good luck to you, you've had a rough time in recent years.
I feel your pain from yesterday. Nothing worse than a no show in a local derby where it means everything to the fans and the players look like they couldn't give a toss. We had it against Blues for quite a while when they came up and had players like Savage who clearly wanted it more.

Yeah, some very tough years after O'Neill left us a day before the season started. Randy Lerner decided he didn't want to invest anymore and ended up selling us to a complete fraud who very nearly destroyed the club.

Fortunately for us, 2 billionaires were waiting in the wings after we lost the play off final to Fulham. Otherwise it easily could have gone the same way as Derby have.

Hard to predict.

Villa will be confident. Maybe too confident.

We just need a reaction that shows Santo has still got the minds of the players.

It will be apparent , and more than yesterday when Woolwich were always going to do to us what they always do it will reveal quite a bit.

If we were to lose heavily (I don't think we will) I am not sure Santo could survive although I have no clue who we might turn to.

He has inherited a poison chalice but he needs to find a way to get more from the players and quickly.

We're going to get hammered, the teams below us will pick up points and drag us closer to the drop zone, it's going to rain, the queue for Seven Sisters is going to snake all the way back to Bruce Grove and I'm going to have a meltdown when I remember I've paid nearly a grand for the privilege.

the matrix GIF

0 - 3. Kane sprawled helplessly on the canvas as Levy texts a reminder for the announcer to say Tottenham Hotspur Stadium everytime they hear a boo.

Hi Spurs fans

Happily take a point.
I'd happily take a point - if we cant get up for a north London derby theres no hope for us

Back
Top Bottom