Player's you have met

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Met Ledders. I agree he was quiet but had time for a chat.

Also met Harry Kane in selfridges when Villas Boas was manager, so he wasn’t well known to anyone outside us spurs fans at the time. I went over and said hi and he was quite shy. I think he was shocked to be recognised. All I said was something inspiring like “keep going and you’ll get your chance”. Didn’t even get a photo as his then girlfriend came over from paying at the till.

Little did I know my words would have such a motivating effect on him!

Non Spurs

Drove up to some traffic lights next to Ray Parlour

It was the morning of the 5 1 thrashing in the Carling Cup Semi Final

Told him we were going to smash them , he replied it was a great chance for us

And we did!

The Gerry Armstrong line cracked me up😃 could you imagine the uproar if Harry Kane was out buying under age kids cigarettes.....lol!

I have never met Berbatov but a mate of mine was stopped from giving him a kicking by berbatovs side kicks at gatwick. My mate is not into football but is a long term serving member in the Army and does not like queue jumpers who then like to ask everyone if they know who they are.......
Haha,your not the first to say that. He use to use the offy on the estate,and we hung around it. We were a gang of 13/14/15 year old mainly skinhead kids. Lots of people were intimidated by us. Not our Gerry,as street wise as they come. He'd always say,ok fellas,but just this wee once. He chose to live in what was a mainly working class estate,as opposed to living in posher Turnford/Wormley where several of the other players lived,mainly in one road "The Butts".

Don't think Gary Mabbutt has a mean bone in his body. I have seen him quite a few times -
1. On Wembley way before the League Cup Final against the Chavs - he was mobbed and he posed for selfies and smiled at everyone
2. I was at a dinner for a friend's 50th birthday at some golf club in Herts, and he was there with his wife. I wasn't going to bother him, but a couple of guys asked for photos and autographs, and he didn't seem to mind, so I got him to sign my menu, and he was really nice and we had a little chat.
3. At the last home game against Wolves, he was in the coffee shop in Sainsbury's and people were coming up to him all the time, and again he was lovely to everyone, especially to a young man in a wheelchair, he must have spent a good five minutes chatting with him.

One of life's true gentlemen, shame that more players don't follow his example. A credit to our Club.

Clive Allen. He was helping out at a Martin Allen soccer school many years ago (probably around 1995) when both of my kids were there. I chatted to him for a while and he was a really nice guy.

Was Harry not a stand out player then?
I would have thought Andros was though

Not really, no. Deadly finisher but so were alot of other guys. Dwight Gayle was a better finisher than Kane for example.

Andros was rapid and had quick feet. But I've seen guys just like that for Saturday and Sunday league since.

Just shows that hard work and determination goes along way. Both Andros and Harry had that. Never went out to drink or to clubs. Just focused on their dream.

Chingford boy then Totti ? Met David Howells , Gary Brooke and Teddy , first two lovely blokes , Teds a bit up his arse

Indeed!

I can't begin to explain how much the apostrophe in this thread title offends me.

I think some of you English folks purposely fuck with your own language just to test us provincials.

There’s an American forum I’m on that has a thread called ‘What, are you listening too?’

Does my head in. It was probably started by Trump.

Also non Spurs
When I was @ 10 or 11 my cousin was on school boy books with QPR.
We regularly had a kick about with the Wilkins boys, Dean, Steve and Graham.
Ray would pop down very occasionally, a really, really top bloke to a snotty nosed Herbert.
May he rest in peace

Alfie Conn, Steve Sedgley, Paul Stewart, Gary Linneker, Graham Roberts Mickey Hazzard,
Justin Edinburgh.
David Ginola sort of. He and the rest of the team were on the coach stopped at the traffic lights at East Ham town hall on their way to Upton Park. Me and my mates were in the pub opposite. The spammers fans were giving 'friendly banter' towards him, against my mates wishes I walked out the pub walked to the edge of the kerb, got on my knees and did the worship bow at him. He laughed and acknowledged me, all the spammers fans just looked at me and realised me and mates were Spurs. Didn't have no trouble though. Well not before the game 😉

Oh yeah, I forgot, I met Razor Ruddock at the Brentwood garden show, I was eating a seafood cocktail and he tapped me on the shoulder and asked where I got it from, he's a down to earth nice fella.
I'm surprised he didn't just eat YOURS, and ask where he could get SECONDS from?

When I was 12, I spent a couple of weeks at an Iain St John Soccer School. The man himself was the main coach, along with Maurice Setters, who later became assistant to Jack Charlton at Republic of Ireland.

Midway through the second week, St John had one of his other mates visit the school to work with us and this guy spent a couple of days teaching us how to finish with boot and head. On the second day, my two diving headed goals won me the player of the day award. All thanks to Jimmy Greaves.

Just remembered.

When I was a kid, I met an old lad that was our keeper, either during the 2nd World War or just after.
I think he might have been a backup but have no idea of his name

Mr P (obvs!)
Gary Mabbutt, what a lovely, genuine guy he is.
David Howells and Clive Allen, both on a train to a game, but not at the same time.
Very happy to chat and share memories.
John Moncur was friends with the guy who used to give me a lift to WHL and we dropped him off at a game one Boxing Day game.
Was in Peter Pan's playground at Southend with my two year old nephew and noticed a very tall, blonde, handsome guy, looked like vikingesque - then I realised it was actually our Erik the Viking. He hadn't been with us that long, and think he was a bit surprised that anyone recognized him. We had a photo and he was so nice.
Only met Daveed at Player of the Year dances and book signings, but women just melt in his presence, he is that gorgeous, he knows it but a real charmer.
Sat at a dinner table with Ray Clemence, Terry Fenwick and Razor Ruddock, they were quite funny and entertaining, TBF, as can't always be easy to spend a few hours making small talk with people you don't know.
Met John Gorman and Ian Moores in Malta, as they were staying at the resort where my mum worked. John was very friendly and chatted away with him and his wife, whereas Ian was a lot quieter (probably couldn't get a word in edgeways), think he was a bit shy.
Keith Burkinshaw in the Supporters club in Malta a couple of years ago - what a gent and had some great stories.
Last but certainly not least was Chris Houghton, he was the friend of a work friend's boyfriend. Again, such a lovely guy too.
Would have loved to have met disco Benny, he seemed to be quite an intelligent and down to earth guy. Also Martin Jol would be high on my list, what we did to him still leaves a sour taste, but he still loves us - what a man!
Daveed makes men melt in his presence also. A beautiful man

Jermain Defoe,
Paul Robinson,
Martin Chilvers,
Jermain was a great bloke, had a selfie with him.
....oh and Anthony Gardner....
:levyeyes:
Strangely I never met Robbo when he was at the lane. But about,18 months ago I was working away in knaresbrough Yorkshire and at night go for a few shants and who's stood at the bar but England's number one.
He lives there now and said he loved his time at spurs. Bought him a couple of pints and spent about two hours chatting spurs. Top man

Back
Top Bottom