POCH BACK

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you now trade Poch for Mourinho

• Take Poch back

Votes: 72 45.9%
  • Keep faith with Mourinho

Votes: 85 54.1%

• Total voters
Deep down we all know it was a huge mistake.

The Poch out crowd are already preparing excuses (just like their saviour) for next season.

"Poch wrecked the team physically for good. Jose needs signings now".

We'll be more effective with our counter attack style once Kane and Son are back but it's still a cowards way of playing especially against lower opposition. That's just me though and my personal opinion.

But hey a stingy Levy summer window, a pre season for Jose to fully train his team in the magical footballing system he devised in the mountains when on his hiatus etc and we should be good to go.
It wasn't a mistake.

I'm not ENIC hugger but it was so obvious that Poch did no longer have his head or heart in the game.

It was right to let him go.

This is me 100% conflicted. Want to support Mourhino but i loved Poch and I thought he earnt more time. God its a mess

As said in Mourinho's thread, I think he deserves to be judged at the end of next season, and I want him to do well (despite the fact that have never liked him before joining us). However, supporting him takes a lot of effort and fatigue, and to some degree this is regardless of the results on the pitch

I am optimistic by nature, though: I think that whatever will happen with Mou (who probably can give us a cup or two, or who knows? maybe even the EPL?), at some point we will find a manager who will turn us into a major football power (*) and at the same time will make us proud of our club

(*)consistent EPL and CL winners. The other two cups are wonderful and I want to win them as many time as possible, but they don't mean much in terms of power

It wasn't a mistake.

I'm not ENIC hugger but it was so obvious that Poch did no longer have his head or heart in the game.

It was right to let him go.
He lost the will because of Levy's shocking behaviour in the market.

Better to look at the cause rather than symptoms or we'll never get anywhere

Why are some trying to turn this into a Poch vs Mourinho argument?

The decision to sack Poch was the correct one - 25 points from 24 league games tells you that.

The decision to appoint Jose remains to be seen if it was a good one.

Two completely separate things

I’m not sure how Pochy managed to cope all of those years when he only has a prime Kane, Son, Ali, Eriksen , Dembele, Alderweireld, Walker, Dembele, LLoris and Vertonghen available to him. Imagine having to work with just that - poor thing.

It's not gonna happen.

We had good times with the man but I think deep down he probably wanted a new challenge elsewhere also.

Who knows in a few years but got to live in the present. I am backing my man :mourear:

Poch was just as much at fault with how the squad ended up. Levu handled the money and Poch was the one who handled the actual players.

I love Poch and will have fond memories of Pochettino the coach. But the Poch who also tried to be sporting director I can do well without.

We should not look to get him back. That would be idiotic. One should never look to actively go backwards.

I’m not sure how Pochy managed to cope all of those years when he only has a prime Kane, Son, Ali, Eriksen , Dembele, Alderweireld, Walker, Dembele, LLoris and Vertonghen available to him. Imagine having to work with just that - poor thing.
It's about the squad fella and a very real fact that you need to spend to be successful with the exception of anomalies. I presume to the goal is to not intentionally try to be an anomaly.

This is me 100% conflicted. Want to support Mourhino but i loved Poch and I thought he earnt more time. God its a mess
In normal cases, I would definitely say after the job he did for 5 years, Poch earned more time- at least until the end of the season or the end of next season. However, reading between the lines I strongly believe that either he was psychologically exhausted/depressed or that he had lost his passion for the project or something similar to this. For this reason I think it was the right decision to get rid of him.

As for Mourinho, the way things have gone so far do not bode well IMO...but he deserves more time and support from us, and hopefully my instincts about him are wrong.

Poch was just as much at fault with how the squad ended up. Levu handled the money and Poch was the one who handled the actual players.

I love Poch and will have fond memories of Pochettino the coach. But the Poch who also tried to be sporting director I can do well without.

We should not look to get him back. That would be idiotic. One should never look to actively go backwards.
Bro these are not separate. Handling the money decides how the players are handled. Lack of ambition and lower relative pay makes players not interested and who has to deal with that?

Levy "handled" the money by being a greedy snakey cunt.
"You make all this money for me and in return I will not invest in your playing squad."

I understand how painful this rebuild is at the moment. Id just be happier with Poch still at the wheel. I belive he gets us more as a fan base and in the longer run we'd be a more successful club. So if the rest of season seriously nose dive and levy has to reevaluate his decision in the summer would you take Poch back? Or has the ship sailed?

The ship has sailed and I loved Poch, best manager of my lifetime but it’s over.

But Mourinho really next season has to up his game, we can’t be this negative otherwise it ends quick and brutal.

Long term let’s get a German manager with modern pressing, Liverpool have Klopp, Nagglesman is the one but I doubt he will come but we need someone like that. Fuck it if Jose fails let’s throw all our money at Nagglesman.

Back
Top Bottom