Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
You’re all in for a shock when the big ginger Burnley bruiser Sean fucking Dyche comes bursting through the Tottenham press conference doors tuesday morning

Our highest League finish in the last 40-odd years and only appearance in the final of Europe’s premier competition.
But an elite, serial winning manager like Mourinho would have won the fucking lot if he had that team
:freund:

Only,.. we have a problem here chaps. An elite serial winning manager like Mourinho DID have that team.

:mourfacepalm:

Last edited:
I loved Poch to bits and still have a soft spot for him now, but I honestly feel that bringing him back now would be a mistake. It’s too soon after his departure and too many of the same players are around. We need a manager that’s going to lead a proper ruthless rebuild and I just don’t see Poch doing that. I also don’t see him convincing Levy to spend because he did so well on a low budget last time.
if he does come I’ll obviously support him 100%, I just don’t think it’s the right move at the moment. He needs a few more years away.

Our highest League finish in the last 40-odd years and only appearance in the final of Europe’s premier competition.
We won a UEFA Cup in 1984, and I have happier memories winning a fucking league cup in 2008 than I do getting knocked out by Liverpool in the final.

We’ve won two UEFA Cups and a CWC, doesn’t diminish getting to the CL final a couple of years ago.
No you're right it doesn't, but which one can you tell your kids about?

The time you beat Chelsea in a final, or the time you almost won something only to be knocked out by the scousers.

For what is football but a collection of memories?

I want something to remember not something to forget.

No you're right it doesn't, but which one can you tell your kids about?

The time you beat Chelsea in a final, or the time you almost won something only to be knocked out by the scousers.

For what is football but a collection of memories?

I want something to remember not something to forget.
Can't really disagree with that.

The semi-final was one of my best ever Spurs memories, but kind of tainted by the dour performance in the final.

Back
Top Bottom