Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
I think if Poch comes back, it depends on two things. If he’s coming back and Levy is thinking he will perform some miracle with the shite we got in this team right now then I’d rather not bother. Absolutely pointless. But, I can’t see Levy being this stupid. Surely he can see how bang average the vast majority of our players are. So, my hope is Pochettino is being bought back with reassurances. Reassurance of a rebuild like in his previous tenure. Reassurances of Harry staying for at least 1 more season. If this is it, then I’m happy for Pochettino returning
The saving grace in this is of what you’ve said is correct and that scenario would apply to who ever is the manager but at least with Pochettino he knows the script with Levy and you’d hope there would be a level of respect in each other’s position with someone completely new that possibly wouldn’t be the case.

No you're right it doesn't, but which one can you tell your kids about?

The time you beat Chelsea in a final, or the time you almost won something only to be knocked out by the scousers.

For what is football but a collection of memories?

I want something to remember not something to forget.

I know where you’re coming from, I can’t remember the win in Amsterdam without reminding myself of the final and the fact we didn’t turn up for it. It does diminish the memory, but on the other hand I still remember the indescribable joy of that winner and the high we all felt following that game. Going further back, that semi-final in 1991 would still be the same game if we’d lost the final, but the memory just wouldn’t be the same.

On the other hand, I do tell my six year old son about the Ajax game, and the win over Real Madrid in the CL group stages the year before. Great memories, and I want our club to get back to competing with the best on that stage.

Again though, I desperately wish we’d won a cup or two in those years, or that we’d won the League Cup or the Europa League this season. Trophies are of course the benchmark and the ultimate memories really. But I enjoyed those years under Poch, until we did start to unravel, I looked forward to games as never before, I walked tall as a Spurs fan and I knew we could compete with the best; for the previous 15 years it had been quite a drudge at times, League Cup joy notwithstanding.

For heaven's sake, Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman , put us out of our misery. Gaze deeply into your crystal ball and tell us what's going to happen on Tuesday (or maybe Monday, or Wednesday).

Can't you see we're desperate?

I know where you’re coming from, I can’t remember the win in Amsterdam without reminding myself of the final and the fact we didn’t turn up for it. It does diminish the memory, but on the other hand I still remember the indescribable joy of that winner and the high we all felt following that game. Going further back, that semi-final in 1991 would still be the same game if we’d lost the final, but the memory just wouldn’t be the same.

On the other hand, I do tell my six year old son about the Ajax game, and the win over Real Madrid in the CL group stages the year before. Great memories, and I want our club to get back to competing with the best on that stage.

Again though, I desperately wish we’d won a cup or two in those years, or that we’d won the League Cup or the Europa League this season. Trophies are of course the benchmark and the ultimate memories really. But I enjoyed those years under Poch, until we did start to unravel, I looked forward to games as never before, I walked tall as a Spurs fan and I knew we could compete with the best; for the previous 15 years it had been quite a drudge at times, League Cup joy notwithstanding.
Good post, I can respect that.

No you didn't with one word criticize the content of my post. You were criticizing me, like a 9 year old would do.
Well it was your post, so you shoulder the responsibility of putting it out there. You denigrated the work of someone who is a highly sought after manager in world football, and your post patronised what he did for the club I support, and have done so for over 50 years.
That longevity gives me an insight into the capabilities of around 25 managers, and in my opinion, he managed to produce a series of performances that outstrip all of the others. Had he done that prior to the Daddy Warbucks generation of clubs, we would have been league champions much more recently.
I was criticising what you posted, as if it was the work of a 9 year old.

Wow, you managed to read something that long. Go you.
Trying to read an average Mick Cooper Mick Cooper post.

source.gif

But an elite, serial winning manager like Mourinho would won the fucking lot if he had that team
:freund:

Only,.. we have a problem here chaps. An elite serial winning manager like Mourinho DID have that team.

:mourfacepalm:
So you employ an elite serial winning manager who gets you to a cup final then sack him a few days before it and replace him with a complete novice???

:mourwhat:

So you employ an elite serial winning manager who gets you to a cup final then sack him a few days before it and replace him with a complete novice???

:mourwhat:

If that novice is a massive step up from the "serial winner" then yes you do.

Back
Top Bottom