Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
From Rob the owner of the Stasi site....
Comedy Gold this..

Questions I would ask regarding this info are;
1. 4 different managers in 4 different countries, all working for different clubs (or not in Howe's case). How on earth would he know what they're all thinking?
2. Poch using us to sound out Madrid? What are the odds he'd actually share that info?
3. How would he know that Ten Hag is pissed off and doesn't want the job anymore, unless he was offered it and the offer was withdrawn?
4. Ditto for Conte.

I'm finding it hard to see how a single source of information could have such an insight into the thinking of multiple managers or how any negotiations are going, especially when the club has been keeping its cards so close to its chest.

This isn't an ITK bash as the info is being passed on in good faith but, as we all know, we simply HAVE to take everything with a pinch of salt and at least try to apply some logical thinking to what info has been provided.

I'm still chilled about this because that latest info just seems to have too many holes in it.
We specifically ask (tell!) people not to ask these sort of questions for a very good reason. Let's say I could answer all of that by just explaining that the source is X. There's a couple of names for X that would be able to answer all 4 of your points (let's say it came directly from Hitchen for arguments sake) but we can't do that without giving away the source and that means we can't answer those questions, so don't ask them.

Believe me, we've asked them in private. We've cross-referenced them to lots of other info. We've checked with our other sources. If it's being posted here we're confident it's good info.

Right lads I’m never an ITK but a bird a know who works corporate at Spurs says Poch is done! Iv just put £200 on it 🤞
Mate I’m not! She’s worked there years + she says it’s a goer
Interesting. I did wonder if the radio silence after the story exploded on Thursday was due to it basically getting towards the end of negotiations with any announcement then held off for the right time.

There was zero chance Levy would announce it on the day of a CL final, nor a Sunday. You'd think tomorrow or Tuesday if it was true, maybe the latter because it's a bank holiday.

Interesting. I did wonder if the radio silence after the story exploded on Thursday was due to it basically getting towards the end of negotiations with any announcement then held off for the right time.

There was zero chance Levy would announce it on the day of a CL final, nor a Sunday. You'd think tomorrow or Tuesday if it was true, maybe the latter because it's a bank holiday.
He's not leaving PSG after 6 months, that would be shameful on all fronts. This is betting scripts, all day.

Maybe everyone should take a step back and chill. Whoever is appointed, he'll be our man, and he should have our full support
Ladies and Gentlemen....... Spurs are pleased to unveil our newest manager...... He knows the club inside and out and knows the type of football demanded by the fans......

Welcome to the stage... Sol Campbell!!!!

:mourpoint:

The last game we played them they beat us easily. He could beat much weaker teams and had already shown in his time with us that what he did in his past had nothing to do with what he could do now.

This fucking moronic idea that Jose could beat City in the final is ridiculous. He couldn't beat Zagreb with a 2 goal cushion, but somehow he has a magic formula to beat City.

And who cares what he said about our club he couldn't get them to get results against much weaker sides. He had a much more talented team than what his results were. Plus most of what he said was complete BS.

Anyways that sack of shit is gone and rightfully so. His record here speaks for itself. There is a reason he jumped at the chance to go to a 2n rate job in Roma when then are so many top level jobs available because he is not close to level of manager to get top jobs.
Remind me how many trophies Mourinho has won so far, 22 and still counting. Spurs??? Much as you hate him, you cant denigrate his achievements as much as you want to. Zagreb was only one match compared to the 100s and 1000s hes won including important finals. And that's why hes won the biggest prize in football twice in different leagues.

Remind me how many trophies Mourinho has won so far, 22 and still counting. Spurs??? Much as you hate him, you cant denigrate his achievements as much as you want to. Zagreb was only one match compared to the 100s and 1000s hes won including important finals. And that's why hes won the biggest prize in football twice in different leagues.

That is the past and has no relevance on what he has done at Spurs.

At Spurs he won zero trophies, had us in our lowest league position in years, embarrassed us twice in Europe, constantly insulted the fans and the club all while playing the worse brand of football the PL has ever seen.

There is a reason why the last two fanbases of clubs Jose managed where happy to see the back of him, he has clearly lost it and while you and other Jose fanbois can pleasure your self thinking of Jose's past glories they are totally irrelevant to what he brings now.

That is the past and has no relevance on what he has done at Spurs.

At Spurs he won zero trophies, had us in our lowest league position in years, embarrassed us twice in Europe, constantly insulted the fans and the club all while playing the worse brand of football the PL has ever seen.

There is a reason why the last two fanbases of clubs Jose managed where happy to see the back of him, he has clearly lost it and while you and other Jose fanbois can pleasure your self thinking of Jose's past glories they are totally irrelevant to what he brings now
Jose wasn't a right fit for Spurs. His type of football. Hes moved on and Spurs are getting a new manager who will hopefully be a perfect fit. But dont ridicule his achievements. Even Pep whose won many with City lost a final yesterday.

Jose wasn't a right fit for Spurs. His type of football. Hes moved on and Spurs are getting a new manager who will hopefully be a perfect fit. But dont ridicule his achievements. Even Pep whose won many with City lost a final yesterday.

I didn't ridicule his achievements I said he was shit at Spurs and wasn't getting us any better results than Mason did/could.

Ladies and Gentlemen....... Spurs are pleased to unveil our newest manager...... He knows the club inside and out and knows the type of football demanded by the fans......

Welcome to the stage... Sol Campbell!!!!

:mourpoint:
Hahaha, well there are exceptions, clearly.

See also: John Terry...

Respect, respect , respect

Well I think he showed very little of that to us, so glad he is gone and hope he fails spectacularly at Roma

Back
Top Bottom