Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Yes his comments often frustrate me. The one about wanting to manage Madrid was quite a poke in the eye.

Perhaps he should have left after the final for the good of all involved - but we would all have wondered 'what if' had that happened so I'm glad it's being cleared up one way or another.

At the start of the Poch era, I do think that players would have signed contracts with us because of Poch. Now I feel we are in a different place - and the types of manager that would replace Poch now are different to the links we had when replacing Sherwood or previous managers.

Also don't think the young up and coming players will be as interested in us as they used to be either. There was a period where the likes of Rashford or Loftus-Cheek seemed like they would have liked to work under Poch - but like a lot of managers, the bigger he got - the less he used youth.

When Poch leaves, so does his team. Got one of his lads doing sports science or something, and another in the youth team. All his coaching staff and what not - it's going to be a massive change. It's not just replacing Poch and bringing in a new manager. Everything will change, and maybe that's what we need.. but now?

Levy will probably go for a stop gap manager to get us to the end of the season - but the backroom staff and coaches will all need to be replaced. Do you replace them all on a temporary basis too? Probably not - a new era would have to begin, likely with a return of a director of football or something.. and to me that looks like the foundations of getting involved in the 'top manager' merry-go-round, where a Mourinho comes in for 1-2 years, an Ancelotti for a season, maybe a Tuchel here and there. Is that what is best for us? Maybe.. but having a Wenger or Ferguson type regime over decades sits well with me personally - and the situation we're in now allows that with Poch. Do we throw it all away with a few months of bad results?

There comes a day when turning a page is the best decision because you realise there is so much more to the book than the page you were stuck on.

He might you know, and I am so fucking desperate that I decided this afternoon I would accept him until next summer. We'd probably even win the fucking FA Cup for the first time in 29 years.

Does Jose realise that you’ve accepted this?

But I get it in that I want Poch out asap

Fuck I’m sick to death of these Facebook and Twitter repeated posts about Spurs...

“If you can’t support us when we lose then don’t support us when we win”

“A true fan never turns on his club”

“I will support you through the good times and the bad”

Pure fucking garbage like this makes me fucking vomit, Jesus Christ when did football turn into some kind of nanny state “there there son, everything will be ok”......

I’m gonna flip this around and say this”

“IF YOU AREN’T QUESTIONING THIS CLUB RIGHT NOW THEN YOU DON’T ACTUALLY CARE ENOUGH ABOUT IT”

Very selective with the players you've chosen there we also had Gomes, Palacios, Hutton and Bassong.
The argument that we were going to finish their anyway or that we were on an upward trajectory could just as easily be applied to Poch.
The difference is our current squad is far better than that of seasons past.
And we have some shit players now as well. Winks, KWP, Aurier, Wanyama, old age Toby, Vert. etc
Our current squad is better and they did reach the furthest in the main european cup in the history of the club.

With Redknapp we were never in the top 2 or top 3 in the league or in the CL final. He did have a chance to get in the top 2 or 3 in his final season but fucked it up .

Back
Top Bottom