Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Dude scouted Janssen, Aurier and Nkoudou on site himself. He definitely has a say in our scouting and recruitment. The scouts obviously work on directions and instructions that they get from Poch. What type of players he wants etc.
Exactly. And he has turned down lots of good players because he is such a fusspot.

Paul Mitchell is doing OK for himself these days, isn't he?

All day fucking long, no rest bite at all, a Spurs shirt with a 7up sponsor on the front the latest in a line of memes or whatever the hell you call them.......seriously not funny, I haven’t had this flack since AVB and even it wasn’t too bad😡

In the Mail so it must be true...

In the Star so it must be true...

In the Mirror......has to be fact

Source : BBC Sport Gossip column today

In hindsight, I think the mistake was not selling at least two from Eriksen/Toby/Rose/Jan this summer. It's clear that this is what is causing most of the problems.

Levy should've just taken a hit and sold them even if it meant less than what he wanted.

It might've made us a bit weaker this year, but would've somewhat cleared this cloud over us, and set us up better for the future.

Am I the only one who thinks all this talk of under-investment in the squad is just an excuse?

GK - Hugo, Gazza brought in.

RB - Walker until he fell out with Poch, Trippier until he fell out with Poch. Aurier signed during Poch's tenure.

CB - Jan & Toby, been one of the most solid partnerships in recent years. 42m on Sanchez, Foyth also signed.

LB - Rose & Davies. £25m(?) spent on Sess.

CM - Problem area due to Dembele/Dier/Wanyama fitness issues. Big money spent on N'Dombele & Sissoko.

AM - Big money spent on Lo Celso. Lucas also added but with Son/Dele/Lamela/Eriksen already on the books it wasn't a position that needed much.

ST - Investment probably needed but who do you get to play back up to Kane?

Add to list (can't remember which are Poch buys) - Wimmer, N'Jie, GKN, Llorente

Probably missing a couple but for me, every position has seen investment and some big money transfers at that. If they've been poor buys (Aurier) then that lies with Poch.

Apparently the players are not a fan of the diamond of the Sissoko interview is true.

Which begs to question why we insist on it?

All these rumours cant be made up, coupled with the evidence around the club:
performance
atmosphere
Pochs own admission of squad disconnent
Kanes own words about player agendas
Sissoko quoted as saying the diamond doest work
Poch dropping players he hasnt dropped in the previous 4 years
Poch saying we need two more windows and the squad isnt good enough - a few weeks after saying all our problems were over and all the players were on the same page now the window was shut

Only a blinkered fool can call Poch a victim here

If scoring a game saving hat trick in the second half of a CL semi-final classic isn't realising your potential, I don't know what is.

He's never been a regular starter so it's really difficult to assess just how good he is.
He was supposed to be the next big thing. Obviously, pretty big expectations were a bit unfair. He was shocking when he came on though.

sun3.jpg

In hindsight, I think the mistake was not selling at least two from Eriksen/Toby/Rose/Jan this summer. It's clear that this is what is causing most of the problems.

Levy should've just taken a hit and sold them even if it meant less than what he wanted.

It might've made us a bit weaker this year, but would've somewhat cleared this cloud over us, and set us up better for the future.

Rose should NEVER have played for the club once he dissed us. It's very very simple. Once he stayed Pochettino weakened

Of Alderweireld it is harder as he has never said anything.

Eriksen should have been sold.

How much it has led to the current situation is anyone's guess.

We were close to 1st in January if I remember right. From 'title race' to not even qualifying for CL is shitting it.
Like we shit it against Chelsea and Leicester? Or is that different?

Just to clarify we were 5 points off top after 23 games the season Leicester won it....... exactly the same as we were after 23 games the season you claim we shit it.

Last edited:
Admin Admin can you fire Poch please and replace him with Mourinho or any other candidate who is available 8 weeks into a season

Or give the job to anyone on here please, I just cannot stand the thought of Poch being the manager anymore due to the anger it brings to so many people, make it stop mate please

Embarassing from some of you.. no loyalty, fickle - observers are mocking those who call for Poch Out, and fans of competing clubs are eagerly awaiting Pochs announcing his resignation - this speaks volumes.
People looking on dont know the facts we do. People mocked the goons for Wenger out, but if you looked in detail at what was going on there were a lot of reasons for wanting him gone. As the goons show, things arent guaranteed to get better after the sacking, but that doesnt mean he shouldnt be sacked

Embarassing from some of you.. no loyalty, fickle - observers are mocking those who call for Poch Out, and fans of competing clubs are eagerly awaiting Pochs announcing his resignation - this speaks volumes.

Who cares what some nob who doesnt watch us week in week out thinks?

Losing the dressing is generally considered a problem

Back
Top Bottom