Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
People looking on dont know the facts we do. People mocked the goons for Wenger out, but if you looked in detail at what was going on there were a lot of reasons for wanting him gone. As the goons show, things arent guaranteed to get better after the sacking, but that doesnt mean he shouldnt be sacked
Exactly......now its neuitral vloggers that are the voice of all things righteous and we should listen to them ffs

sun3.jpg

Just what we need.....Poch telling the squad it was ok

The most disturbing thing for me by a country mile is not the selling of wantaway players, or his inability to use subs to change games (other than Llorente a few times), the full back positions, Hugo as captain - any of that. Its Sissoko, a senior player - who lets not forget just got given a new contract - coming out in the media and basically saying our tactics dont work.

That is damning, considering Poch is supposedly the Fitness King (TM) of coaching. If this squad cant do it then no one can. And now its out in the open, people will exploit it. People ARE exploiting it.

Someone on here (sorry, cant remember who) was questioning why we wont go back to the 4-2-3-1 that made us a force. Thats a serious question to be answered now, with Sissoko's admission out in the wide world.

The most disturbing thing for me by a country mile is not the selling of wantaway players, or his inability to use subs to change games (other than Llorente a few times), the full back positions, Hugo as captain - any of that. Its Sissoko, a senior player - who lets not forget just got given a new contract - coming out in the media and basically saying our tactics dont work.

That is damning, considering Poch is supposedly the Fitness King (TM) of coaching. If this squad cant do it then no one can. And now its out in the open, people will exploit it. People ARE exploiting it.

Someone on here (sorry, cant remember who) was questioning why we wont go back to the 4-2-3-1 that made us a force. Thats a serious question to be answered now, with Sissoko's admission out in the wide world.
Yup. The moment a (regular) player questions the tactics it is pretty obvious that the tactic has not settled with the squad. And granted a lot of us on here has questioned the diamond for a while now. It's obvious that the midfielders are asked to cover too much ground in it.

People looking on dont know the facts we do. People mocked the goons for Wenger out, but if you looked in detail at what was going on there were a lot of reasons for wanting him gone. As the goons show, things arent guaranteed to get better after the sacking, but that doesnt mean he shouldnt be sacked
Could you just tell me what facts 'we' know? Other than the 'facts' we all read in The Mail, Sun, Mirror etc of course. Rumours and bullshit aren't facts - just in case you think they are.

Could you just tell me what facts 'we' know? Other than the 'facts' we all read in The Mail, Sun, Mirror etc of course. Rumours and bullshit aren't facts - just in case you think they are.
The facts that;
a) In the last 19 Premier League games (half a season) we have taken 22pts and won 6 games
b) We just got beaten by Colchester, another shambolic performance in the league cup to add to all the others under Poch
c) He keeps picking underperforming players.
d) He wont abandon the diamond
e) Almost half the starting 11 wont sign contracts or only werent sold because we couldnt find a buyer

Yup. The moment a (regular) player questions the tactics it is pretty obvious that the tactic has not settled with the squad. And granted a lot of us on here has questioned the diamond for a while now. It's obvious that the midfielders are asked to cover too much ground in it.
Did you watch RBL v Schalke at the weekend?

I’m not personally blaming Levy, who to blame or whatever is up to individual fans, but for the love of god would people just stop trying to be some kind of saint like fan who only ever see the positives.....We lost fucking 7-2 at home and some of these idiots are still coming out with shite like “ let’s get behind the team”

I mean seriously, have any of these people actually watched us play in 2019?🙄
I think I fell into that camp until Tuesday night...I can't get behind a team that crumbles that badly on the worlds biggest stage. I'd be ashamed to ship 7 in an amateur Saturday game ffs, they should be going mental at each other and Poch needs to take a long hard look in the mirror with his tactics. We look so leaky this season, every time the oppo come at us I'm expecting them to score, that can't be good...time for a formation change and some proper bollockings!

Heres come facts;

“When you have an unsettled squad always it’s difficult and you lose time and then you need time to recover the time you lose. That’s where we are."

"you need this extra, which is mental, connection, it’s energy to be all together, not to have different agendas in the squad.
Poch

“That (comment) is in the past. All I can say is that I am proud of all my team-mates.”
Kane
(By the "the past", Kane meant 4 days ago)

“We get tired too quickly physically when we play with a diamond midfield,”
Sissoko

So you can do the usual "its only the Sun" routine, but these are direct quotes.
And if the Sun was saying the squad was sick of Levy, you´d all be talking about no smoke without fire and using it as damning evidence.

The facts that;
a) In the last 19 Premier League games (half a season) we have taken 22pts and won 6 games
b) We just got beaten by Colchester, another shambolic performance in the league cup to add to all the others under Poch
c) He keeps picking underperforming players.
d) He wont abandon the diamond
e) Almost half the starting 11 wont sign contracts or only werent sold because we couldnt find a buyer
Not quite the list I was expecting, as I thought you said "People looking on dont know the facts we do." (in fact of course I know you said that) :
1) - a), b), c), d) & e) - everyone looking on knows all of that as they either see the results, watch match of the day and are told these 'facts' or read newspapers and will have read these 'facts' over and over.
2) - e) That is not a fact. It's all rumour and speculation and articles printed by newspapers that may or may not be fully accurate. Not fact.
3) - c) Are you sure? They under-perform in games but may be stars all week in training and possibly much much better than others. Possibly. Anyway not an absolute fact.
The one I do agree with is d) - he won't abandon the diamond, (but even that's a fact that could be known to anyone who watches football and knows anything about tactics). It's that which will be Poch's undoing though - if he continues with it he won't see out 2019 in charge.
I don't disagree that his time is almost up - I think its down to his experience and his tactical knowledge falling short. We are all ready for a change I think - Poch particularly needs to go to a club that will buy him a winning team and then he can truly test his winning ability because I don't think he's quite capable of doing it on the cheap.

Heres come facts;

“When you have an unsettled squad always it’s difficult and you lose time and then you need time to recover the time you lose. That’s where we are."

"you need this extra, which is mental, connection, it’s energy to be all together, not to have different agendas in the squad.
Poch

“That (comment) is in the past. All I can say is that I am proud of all my team-mates.”
Kane
(By the "the past", Kane meant 4 days ago)

“We get tired too quickly physically when we play with a diamond midfield,”
Sissoko

So you can do the usual "its only the Sun" routine, but these are direct quotes.
And if the Sun was saying the squad was sick of Levy, you´d all be talking about no smoke without fire and using it as damning evidence.
Yes but sadly you missed the point again. Larry said "People looking on dont know the facts we do". Which of those 'facts' that you quote will people looking on not know? If they're in the public domain, simply by virtue of that fact, anyone looking on can or will know it. I'm interested in the facts that people don't know which might give us an insight to our current problems.
Oh and who's this 'all' you're talking about in your last sentence? You don't know my personal views on the team, the manager, the Chairman or anything else do you? I'm just interested, only just because I don't believe everything I read in the tabloids (even when they are 'direct quotes') doesn't mean I can be stereotyped.

Yes but sadly you missed the point again. Larry said "People looking on dont know the facts we do". Which of those 'facts' that you quote will people looking on not know? If they're in the public domain, simply by virtue of that fact, anyone looking on can or will know it. I'm interested in the facts that people don't know which might give us an insight to our current problems.
Oh and who's this 'all' you're talking about in your last sentence? You don't know my personal views on the team, the manager, the Chairman or anything else do you? I'm just interested, only just because I don't believe everything I read in the tabloids (even when they are 'direct quotes') doesn't mean I can be stereotyped.

Why is it every time someone answers they are "missing the point" today...

If you dont trust the media when they use direct quotes, then maybe you can go and do personal interviews.
I dont have the time for that, so I have to filter what is believable from what is bullshit.

Direct quotes in reputable media outlets like ESPN, The Telegraph, BBC and The Guardian usually suffice for me.

Yes, they were fabulous. I will be paying more attention to them from now on. And one thing that was of particular interest to me was that they played with a diamond midfield!!
It's a formation that obviously requires a certain type of players. And Schalke are of course enjoying a bit of the new manager boost as well. It will be interesting to see if Wagner adapts it the longer his tenure goes.

It's a formation that obviously requires a certain type of players. And Schalke are of course enjoying a bit of the new manager boost as well. It will be interesting to see if Wagner adapts it the longer his tenure goes.
I see Rose uses it at Monchengladbach, too. Really getting into German football these past few weeks. It's fucking brilliant. Your boy Harit is a baller, eh?

Back
Top Bottom