Poch sacked

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's hard to believe Levy will get Jose, they work so differently, not a good match at all, PLUS his failings with manu and chelsea. To add, Levy doesn't care less about trophies.

Allegri is free, no compensation obvious choice for me.

Then Nagelsmann second choice.

Pretty numb. I think he should have been given a chance to turn things around. But it’s a dog eat dog world, & recent results hadn’t been good enough in fairness.
I just hope that everyone who has been calling for his head are happy now & proven right in the long term.
I just can’t help feeling it’s not the right decision, but time will tell.

Edit- my hammer neighbour just asked me if Poch ran out of steam, or Levy stopped supplying the coal. He’s actually a decent bloke for a hammers fan and I think that’s quite a good way of putting it.

We have been awful since January, it's a lot longer than 4 months.

Ranieri got sacked after winning the league, Di Mateo after winning the CL, Mourinho after winning the league. This is the reality of football. No manager can survive continually failing to win football matches, no matter what they achieved in the past. As Poch always said, football is the present, not the past.

His time was simply up, we can still respect his work during the first 5 years where he achieved everything that was asked of him. No big club would accept the results we've produced this season under any circumstances.

The ranieri sacking still is a mystery. But look at what followed for them. The likes of Jose and di Mateo were sacked by teams with ridiculous budgets. We don't have that. We've sacked someone because we might not make top 4. The only reason we are even in the top 4 consistently is BECAUSE OF POCH. The investment in the team for 5 years doesn't match the teams we pushed out of the top 4 places or finished above. Whatever the form last season, we got top 4 and got to the UCL final. So this season alone it's been the one bad blip on an otherwise great job. So does he deserve time and investment in areas he wants?? His not so coded messages in theast season or two has been clear, he was not getting support. Players have up, ran down their contracts. Key players like rose, toby, Jan, aurier is shite as is kwp. So we got fuck all defence. Then eriksen is running down his contract. New players have been injured, Alli isn't on form. Neither is Kane in a spurs shirt. So what exactly has poch got to work with. Motivation is low. It's clear the performances in Europe by the players was for one purpose only...the shop window. Otherwise they don't care because they know a final is the best it's going to get and they know poch cannot take this team any further without proper investment. So then you let him bring through youth and let him repeat the last 5 years again but it will take time. I really do not know what we expect. Or where we think we should be league position wise. Teams who invest more have had to step out of top 4 for a season or two to then rebuild.

Back
Top Bottom