Poch sacked

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tumblr_pr7hq2vlAu1uu9x8l_540.gif

Its being reported Poch was sacked after a row with Levy. Poch wanted cameras at a cost of 80k around the club in order to film training sessions. His request was refused. A few days later the club installed Amazon cameras around the club for around the same cost. In order to film a documentary.

Disgusting if true!!
He was sacked because we have picked up 24 points in 25 games

Pretty sure there is nothing else to it to be honest

Shocked at timing, but not shocked at the outcome, it felt like it was just a matter of time.
I didn't want him to leave and I thought he had earned the time to turn things around. But I had got a bit fed up with some of his press conferences, his player selection and tactical decisions.
Some of the football he got us playing at the beginning was scintillating and a joy to behold, and it was a tragedy that we didn't get the trophies we deserved. As the team got older, they couldn't continue that intensity that was the hallmark of our game.
For me, it all started going downhill from the Wolves game at Wembley, and the rot really started to set in from the game at Burnley. Apart from the CL games, 2019 has been an unmitigated disaster. I know from past experience, when we have been in cup finals, our league form tends to suffer. And we put up with it - if we win the thing.
Poch was definitely out of order saying he would leave if we won the CL, and his heart doesn't seem to be in it any more. But the players and Levy all need to have a long, hard look at themselves too, as this mess has been created by all parties involved in the Club - no-one comes out of this with too much credit.
So although I was really hoping that he would be our second Billy Nick or Keith Burkinshaw, the writing has been on the wall all season, and all I can do now is to thank Poch for the good times. I just hope that his next job is abroad, and he doesn't come back to haunt us.

To some of the people who are posting about Poch and recent developments may I just remind you of a couple of things. The guy is still alive and has no doubt been handsomely financially rewarded for his contract being terminated. He is free to join whichever club he feels will satisfy his ambitions and seek his services.
To those of you who now declare yourselves as no longer supporting Tottenham I would say that your loyalties obviously lay with the manager and not the club. Therefore the best thing to do is watch where Poch goes next and then swear your allegiance to them.

I have supported Tottenham Hotspur for over 50 years and will continue to do so until my last breath. The decision to sack Poch was a business one based on recent results and the current situation regarding players contracts and general morale. We accept the board's actions and move on.

We have today appointed a new manager and whilst we wave a fond farewell to Mauricio we should look to the future with positivity and excitement. If you cannot do that then your genuine support for the club needs questioning.

One day Jose will leave but whilst he's here I wish him nothing but success in his endeavours to bring cups and titles to this wonderful club. They have been long overdue. :thumbup:. Let's start the new campaign with an away win at West Ham and watching a team that looks as though they are enjoying playing again.
:coys:

Not gunna lie I'm in tears, this is the biggest mistake that we have and will ever make in our history, I just wish I could let him know what he did making me proud of my club helped me through a pretty dark period of my life.

I will forever love you.

I just thought he would turn it around, and he could of if it weren't for some pretty horrendous luck.

Back
Top Bottom