Poch sacked

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still trying to process it to be honest.

Best manager in my lifetime. Made me fall in love with it all again after the AVB and Sherwood times. Gave us some of the greatest moments in the last 20+ years.

The love he showed for the club. The tears on the final game at The Lane. The passion when he got us to the Champions League final. The way he conducts himself. He's magic.

Redknapp once said when he was manager that it was as good as it gets but then Pochettino came along.

I genuinely feel like with Poch, this is as good as it gets. He had us punching above our weight. Not many affordable guys out there will make us do the same.

Mourinho? Have a laugh.

A really good manager but more importantly a great man. In 2019 perhaps he was burnt out, and he never won anything, but the upward rise he gave us and the hope he instilled into the team during his years were magical. Thank you for everything! It's a shame we couldn't lift something with him one time.

Shocked but not surprised.

If Poch wanted to stay and truly believed he could turn it around, I’d have given him more time. Especially as the new players have hardly played. If he wanted out or didn’t believe, then of course it’s time to go.
20 defeats last season. 24 points from last 23 games. No away win in 2019 against current PL team. Knocked out by Colchester. Conceded 7 at home. Dressing room dissent. Negative press conferences.

There are many reasons why he is no longer there.
But we love Poch. And this is sad way to end following a period which promised so much more.
Levy has been swayed by the notion that this squad should have won a trophy. He has gambled that Jose will continue his winning run. If he delivers within two years, it’ll be with at least half this current squad, vindicating Levy going for a “proven winner”.

It could be a car crash of course. As an unlikely marriage as you’ll ever see. But then it’s a mess at the moment anyway and maybe Spurs do need a complete rethink ? Maybe it’s such an unlikely marriage that it will work?
It’s going to be a hell of ride this next 12 months. Expect the first team revolving door to be spinning.

Grab the popcorn, this Amazon Doc is going to be must watch TV.

Thank you Poch. Good luck Jose.

:pochcry:

Why would any big name come here and have no money to spend. Had we supported poch and then he failed, I'd understand the decision. But levy did everything but support him. Not saying poch was perfect. But he's the best manager for us in the way we run the squad. Levy should fucking take a look at himself. Cunt
Levy built a billion pound stadium that has set us up for the next 100 years financially
We also spent what? 140 million in the summer?
I hate to say it because I love the man but this is all due to Poch losing the dressing room, whilst employing awful tactics

I hope some of the players are fucking ashamed of themselves tonight, especially our little group of contract rebels.
All the best Poch for the future, he’s a top manager and I think he’ll be OK in the long run.
I fully expected to see our group of overpaid prima-donnas players actually perform now ..starting Saturday!! 🤨

Far from a failure, but certainly a tragedy in equal measure of success.

Mauricio Pochettino's Tottenham did not win a single trophy. That is now a true statement. It beggars belief.
The last 5 years haven’t been a tragedy. That’s so crazily over the top. I’ve really enjoyed the last 5 years. I’m sorry if you haven’t, but, as an American, why the fuck did you pick Spurs to follow? Presumably you did some research? You can’t just roll up and demand trophies. You chose to support a club that is famous for its inability to win trophies. Stick with it or go elsewhere. I can’t say I’m too bothered which.

Disgusting. If he ever comes back to The Lane, fans should, and most likely will, have a standing ovation for him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom