Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
1017 pages! 1017 pages!
Let that sink in levy prick.

Also, 100 million for grealish?!?! We coulda had him for 25 million if I recall correctly!
Granted I haven't seen him a lot but he hasn't impressed me overly when I have: the media have a grealish boner tho so I'm supposed to think he's the next gazza right?

Also, if he's worth that what's Harry really worth?

Just checking my news headlines, and we're imminently signing Nuno/Potter!! Lol, the press have absolutely no idea!
I guess all this speculating is keeping them away from the real candidate. I have no idea who that might be though.

Always good to have a bunch of ball playing midfielders like Gio, Skipp and Ndombele and then hire a(nother) manager who doesn't suit their abilities. This is the the biggest issue imo; as we've already seen with Jose, counter-attacking football doesn't suit a decent chunk of the squad. Absolutely insane decision to go that route again for that reason alone, nevermind that it goes against everything that the club (levy specifically) has been putting out recently, and that Nuno's results are mediocre at best .

Sorry, so what you are saying is the finance the CL brings in is more important than silver wear. If you were to receive a chunk of that money I could understand, but presumably you don't. Hang on a minute, do you therefore believe that the money from the CL is spent to improve the squad, and in turn will bring us success. If that is the case, why have our years in the CL meant our investment in players has been a net zero. I genuinely don't understand your logic, that finishing 4th is better than a trophy, please explain?
It's more a theory in Team Dynamics. Spurs is seen as a possible top 4 club but not a EPL winning team. Salaries of players and staff (which is the bulk of expenses) are relatively low because we don't win anything. Harry Kane is one of our highest paid players yet his salary is still way less than players at Woolwich, Man City, Liverpool etc. We actually have players on a salary of 60000 per week, it's unheard of at the top clubs.

Harry Kane is potentially leaving us for an estimated 150 million for Greener Pastures. If we were the Green Pastures he'd be staying out, driving up a salary Bill.

Man United are an example of a team who are being screwed by their reputation as League winners. Players come there demanding huge salaries. Teams ask for ridiculous money for transfers. All of it based on reputation built by Sir Alex.

Being Spursy makes Levy and Co a load more cash. Less investment for slightly less return. Gives him more money to pump into his building projects

1017 pages! 1017 pages!
Let that sink in levy prick.

Also, 100 million for grealish?!?! We coulda had him for 25 million if I recall correctly!
Granted I haven't seen him a lot but he hasn't impressed me overly when I have: the media have a grealish boner tho so I'm supposed to think he's the next gazza right?

Also, if he's worth that what's Harry really worth?
We could've had Grealish for 8 million. Villa were in the dwang. After he'd already agreed with the price he went back to them and tried to negotiate at reduces price if 6 million. He was politely to to Sod off. We could've made 92million and we would've had Grealish for a few years.

London Football GIF by Tottenham Hotspur

Back
Top Bottom