Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
He will offer Dier, Dele and Winks 10 year contracts during the tour.

🤫
Dude, the time period you were talking about was before the transfer window in the story you posted. Something about 8 million blah blah blah. Do you know if there was even an offer back then?? No, you absolutely don't.

Get Potter in. I mean, I wasn't thrilled with the idea of him a few weeks ago, but he is head and shoulders above everyone else that is remaining. And will get us organized and playing proper football. I really miss that.

If Paratici gets his way and we get shit Jose style football next season the club can do one. Going down the lane watching AVB ball and Jose ball is draining, it provides no joy. I don’t understand how any Spurs fan could want Nuno over Potter. We ain’t winning Jack shit next season, the choice is between decent football or boring Jose football nothing more.

Even in the 90’s there where times we played some good football and that made up for being shit. I can live with us not being great but it’s bollocks to live with us being boring cunts. Our whole history is built on attacking entertaining football.

It has to be Potter, I want to actual enjoy the football we play.
Surely the DOF knows this especially as baldy stayed in his programme notes that next manager must match spurs dna and play a certain way? This dick is going in opposite direction. Has he even read his job description. I still think we just tell him do one before his influence along with mendes ruins our club.

Sorry, so what you are saying is the finance the CL brings in is more important than silver wear. If you were to receive a chunk of that money I could understand, but presumably you don't. Hang on a minute, do you therefore believe that the money from the CL is spent to improve the squad, and in turn will bring us success. If that is the case, why have our years in the CL meant our investment in players has been a net zero. I genuinely don't understand your logic, that finishing 4th is better than a trophy, please explain?
I did not say any trophy. I said I rather prefer Spurs to qualify for the CL than winning a domestic cup. Who really cares about the League cup or the FA nowadays. Already 2 decades ago Man U & Woolwich stopped caring about the League cup.
Why are players more attracted to clubs in the CL and why does Harry Kane go on about CL football if winning a domestic cup is more important to them than playing in the CL? CL footy is what draws the crowds and brings glory and the spotlight to the players.
Levy & Lewis will always remain tight but without the extra income from the CL they would most probably have spent even less money on players.

What we were being tempted with in the run up ST deadline day

What we're being offered now

dpa-these-four-good-humoured-elderly-ladies-can-have-a-good-laugh-D3BJ1N.jpg

Cheers Dan. Nice one mate:adethumbup:

Surely the DOF knows this especially as baldy stayed in his programme notes that next manager must match spurs dna and play a certain way? This dick is going in opposite direction. Has he even read his job description. I still think we just tell him do one before his influence along with mendes ruins our club.

I think the club is just a mess behind the scenes. On Paratici did we even do checks on him, if we have a vision and he wants the opposite surely that should have come up before we offered him the role. Either the media has the wrong story or Levy didn’t do his due diligence.

I get all that but that’s not what I’m saying

Levy should have had a decent manager lined up before he sacked Jose as the writing was on the wall for several weeks

Frankly it’s getting embarrassing now

I don’t agree with Masons appointment either
He was clueless but we’ve argued all that before

He should have just got a safe pair of hands in for the rest of the season instead of appointing a complete novi

The best thing I can say about NES is I'd rather have him than no manager at all. This is getting ludicrous. I know we've fallen from grace slightly, but it not like we've been relegated. This should still be an attractive job, this shouldn't be that hard.
I understand your pov but once again we'd be settling for boring football and a Levy yes man.
Can you really see him getting rid of Sanchez, Winks, Sissoko et al? I bet keeping them is part of the job description. It's a minimum of 2 more years of the same crap. And Harry isn't going to stay for him. And who can he tempt to join? And we'd just be a convenient dumping ground for Mendes' dross.
For my own personal sanity, if he comes, I'm going to take a season out from games and forum.
It's the only thing left.

I dont think Traore is even any good really.

Occasional flurry of performances aside, he produces nothing and seems like a headless chicken to me.

Incedible athletically, but thats not necessarily the making of a proper footballer...
Never seen him play under a really good coach. Untapped talent there I reckon.

Never seen him play under a really good coach. Untapped talent there I reckon.
He's been playing long enough to have improved by now anyway,and just hasn't.

I can see an argument for a good coach using him to best effect, but that's not the same as him being a better player.

Athletically, he's a freak. And he uses it brilliantly. I just find ultimately he doesn't actually produce anything

if Gerrard comes to Spurs it will be as a stepping stone - either a step up or a step down. We all know that Gerrard's got his heart is set on managing Liverpool one day, so if he does well at Spurs he'll sooner or later be offered the Liverpool job, telling the world the open secret that this is his dream job.
And if he is doesn't do a good job, well, then Liverpool gets confirmed that he's not the man for their job and avoids going through the same mistakes as Spurs did. So this is a win-win situation for Liverpool.
And a lose-lose situation for us.

Yeah but palhinha is also totally apt to play as CB in a three CB system. He’s tall as a motherfucker. A very intelligent player. He’s complete different player from them two. He’s a pure number 6. Would add a lot of physically to the team.
He looked ok when he came on v France but yeah this whole thing stinks. It will be all players from Portugal or Italy.

Back
Top Bottom