Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Can we reset the poll and start again?

3137015-64296028-2560-1440.jpg

Not sure this is true. His attitude seems no better or worse than many of the other players imo. It seems a bit if a myth has grown that he's got a bad attitude without much evidence to back it up.

What he has is an ability problem. For at least two seasons, probably three he's just been fucking shit. He hasn't kicked on it happens to loads of good players. We should have sold him ages ago. Baffles and infuriates me that we didn't.
If we'd have sold Ali and Winks 2 years ago their values would be much greater than they are now. But apparently they represent our 'young talent'.

Take a look at Winks' transfer value decline on the graph plotted on this website Harry Winks - Market value over time.

Last edited:
If we'd have sold Ali and Winks 2 years ago their values would be much greater than they are now. But apparently they represent our 'young talent'.

Take a look at Winks' transfer value decline on the graph plotted on this website Harry Winks - Market value over time.

Do you even know what is used to calculate the price as far as I knew a player was only worth what a club is willing to play. Winks is probably a player no one will willingly to take a risk on. He has degenerative ankle injury so I doubt anyone will pay more than 5-10 Million for him. Does this website take that into account?

True, not all talents live up to their potential but even if Dele had kept the same level he reached 3 seasons ago, he'd be in the England squad and a star in the EPL. No he's not even guaranteed starting at Spurs.
And there's a good reason why Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo, in their mid-30s, are still the world's best players.
Around 3 seasons ago Rose was worth around £30-40M, Dier also £30-40M, and Dele around £60M - yet Levy didn't want to sell, nor did most Spurs fans want them sold either.
Exactly imagine the uproar if they were sold at their peak

Do you even know what is used to calculate the price as far as I knew a player was only worth what a club is willing to play. Winks is probably a player no one will willingly to take a risk on. He has degenerative ankle injury so I doubt anyone will pay more than 5-10 Million for him. Does this website take that into account?
I don't know how good that website is, I just stumbled on it the other day when I was checking the value of our deadwood. I don't know how they reach a conclusion of the current value of players and track market changes. Maybe it's based on offers...

... I don't see either of those players getting an England Cap again, unless there is a huge problem with injuries.

I don't know how good that website is, I just stumbled on it the other day when I was checking the value of our deadwood. I don't know how they reach a conclusion of the current value of players and track market changes. Maybe it's based on offers...

... I don't see either of those players getting an England Cap again, unless there is a huge problem with injuries.
I see a chance Dele Alli getting a cap if he commits himself to football 100% and England realise that Mason Mount is over rated like any young England player coming through.

I see a chance Dele Alli getting a cap if he commits himself to football 100% and England realise that Mason Mount is over rated like any young England player coming through.
It would require a lot of improvement. Ali hasn't been dropped because of Mason Mount, he's slipped right down the pecking order and out of Southgate's plans altogether.

Back
Top Bottom