Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.

Star Wars Reaction GIF

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF by The Taboo Group

In the league, we've scored 9 goals. Only 4 teams have scored less. Teams in 16, 17th, 18th and 20th
Our goal difference is -4. Only 5 teams have a worse goal difference than us. They're in 14th, 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th

We stink. We really do. People say the table doesn't lie and when 38 games have been played, it rarely does. During the season, a better gauge of where a team are and will go, is the GD IMO.
Nah mate. You could end up giving a shit team a proper drubbing and the goal difference would look extremely different based on 1 game.

Adi Hutter looks like a phenomenal manager and not just because of the Bayern demolition. Plays hyper pressing, attacking football we would love. Most bundesliga teams play great football, that's where we should be looking.

And now I've worked myself into a shoot about how we should go for Domenico Tedesco. I am ready to be disappointed if we don't get him now. Even if we get another good name in instead.

Why dosen,t everyone get behind nuno ,hes not going no where for at least a season ...there are no good alternitives out there, no one wants the job ffs
I agree about the no good alternatives at the moment. However Nuno is a stop gap, we all know it, i'm sure he does as well and if results turn to shit and we hit bottom half of the table and/or a better alternative becomes available he'll be gone. He may potentially last the season if we hovver around 6th or 7th and no decent manager pops up but no way will he be our manager next season. They'd be giving our season tickets away with boxes of cereal.

And now I've worked myself into a shoot about how we should go for Domenico Tedesco. I am ready to be disappointed if we don't get him now. Even if we get another good name in instead.
Just had a quick read up and he's had 2 biggish jobs @ 36 years old , half German and Italian as well.

And done decently too. Something obviously went wrong at Schalke when he got sacked (I've sent a message to a friend on twitter who follows Schalke to see if he knows anything about that). But as I understand it he only left Spartak because his family was still in Germany and he couldn't fly them in or leave the country to visit due to Covid.

He was apparently recruited for the Schalke job by the same guy who spotted the potential in Klopp and Tuchel and brought them to Mainz to start their careers.

If we want a young and exciting name he could be worth a gamble.
German coaches seem to be the way to go at the moment

Changed his name to Adi. Insane and unfair to pass on him because of his name.
Yeah yeah that'd nit-picking for sure, but you can bet on the trolls on Twatter to make fun of the name every time we lose. I have heard that he's a great coach, I hate Bundesliga though so I can't say that I've watched his matches (my knowledge of Favre for example is from his time at Nice, not BVB).

Why would he leave a team that can put 5 past BM, who put 7 past us?
Your mixing up Tedesco with Hütter. Hütter is the guy who just beat Bayern.

Tedesco was the manager of Schalke a few years back when he got them to second place in the table. He's most recently been a coach in Russia and got second play with Spartak Moscow before leaving them at the end of the season.

I wonder how bookies do their manager odds - it's not as though they have huge amounts of consistent data to go on... For example at one major bookie:

Next Spurs manager favourite is Graham Potter at 3/1.
Yet on the next Newcastle manager list, Potter is only 16th favourite at 33/1.

Given the current situation at both clubs, is Potter really 10 times more likely to be next Spurs manager than next Newcastle manager? :/

Btw in case anyone is interested, Spurs favourites are as follows, in this order:
Potter
Rodgers
Howe
Conte

...not that it necessarily means much, as I said initially it's always a very unpredictable market... But the bookies certainly aren't falling over themselves to shorten Conte's odds, despite various media suggestions this morning. I suspect that they, like most of us, expect it either to be total fabricated bollocks, or expect Conte to laugh in Levy's face if the approach is true...

Back
Top Bottom