Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
?

That isn't even close to being true.

And overrating players is not supporting them. I hope Rodon does great but he hasn't shown any ball playing ability, he has been weak with his passes and doesn't look confident when he has the ball at all.
Again, extend the same principle to Ndombele, Lo Celso and Reguillon.

If you’re going to put the boot in on one of our youngest players who at least has the courage to try and bring the ball out from the back, stop sucking off the likes of those three who have served up absolute garbage this season.

We need a manager and coaching team that man manage effectively and who can coach players to their optimum performance.

In truth we want a manager who gets 4 or 5 of our players talked about week in week out as potential targets for the handful of objectively bigger clubs than ourselves.

At that point we will know we have a team again.

He knows nothing. Went from trailing 3-1 at half to getting his team to play their game and tied it at 3-3. They did lose the game 4-3, but the dude loves the game and has energy and passion for it. He Is willing to learn another language, which many corn-fed Americans are not, and has grown in a club system that is turning out manager after manager.

I can't give up on this topic, but I will.

He's definitely one to watch. Obviously, not happening this time, but I would not say no. That being said, if you suddenly got new, American, ownership, and they rocked up with this guy as their chosen manager, I do not want to imagine the riots.

He knows nothing. Went from trailing 3-1 at half to getting his team to play their game and tied it at 3-3. They did lose the game 4-3, but the dude loves the game and has energy and passion for it. He Is willing to learn another language, which many corn-fed Americans are not, and has grown in a club system that is turning out manager after manager.

I for one welcome our Ted Lasso overlord.

hqdefault.jpg

He's definitely one to watch. Obviously, not happening this time, but I would not say no. That being said, if you suddenly got new, American, ownership, and they rocked up with this guy as their chosen manager, I do not want to imagine the riots.

I don't want American ownership FYI as we see what the Kroenke's and Glazer's of the world do. Just fighting the notion that Americans or any other foreigner where football isn't the main sport, isn't an option because of some ethnocentric point of view.

Jesse has been fortunate to be pulled into the RB system and to learn under Rangnick and Co. But that shouldn't take away from his innate love of the game. It is clear. Watch him speak time and time again, and you would be dumb to think this American knows nothing of the sport.

I have written in a couple of threads now, but I want a sustainable model with an owner that has more than an investment plan. I want an owner that drinks beers with the fans and is a public face of sorts, one that wants to have fans on the board of advisors.

Listen guys, I play Powerball every now and then, and if I get the big one, I may try to convince Enic that I am the right guy for the job. bus-conductor bus-conductor WindyCOYS WindyCOYS and others are more than welcome to sit on my board :). So I guess I do want an American to be the owner 🤣

Again, extend the same principle to Ndombele, Lo Celso and Reguillon.

If you’re going to put the boot in on one of our youngest players who at least has the courage to try and bring the ball out from the back, stop sucking off the likes of those three who have served up absolute garbage this season.

I am not putting the boot to him and have said I hope he plays the rest of the games this year, but he hasn't shown any ball playing ability.

Sucking off? What kind of made up BS is this?

Ndombele, GLC and Reguilon haven't been garbage or anywhere close to the problem this year.

Odd made up narrative you are trying to create here.

Lo Celso and N'Dombele haven't been 'garbage' by any stretch - both have shown talent and ability. GLC has also been injured for much of the season, which doesn't help. However in all honesty both have very much flattered to deceive, especially given the combined outlay (c. £90 million?)

I don't want American ownership FYI as we see what the Kroenke's and Glazer's of the world do. Just fighting the notion that Americans or any other foreigner where football isn't the main sport, isn't an option because of some ethnocentric point of view.

Jesse has been fortunate to be pulled into the RB system and to learn under Rangnick and Co. But that shouldn't take away from his innate love of the game. It is clear. Watch him speak time and time again, and you would be dumb to think this American knows nothing of the sport.

I have written in a couple of threads now, but I want a sustainable model with an owner that has more than an investment plan. I want an owner that drinks beers with the fans and is a public face of sorts, one that wants to have fans on the board of advisors.

Listen guys, I play Powerball every now and then, and if I get the big one, I may try to convince Enic that I am the right guy for the job. bus-conductor bus-conductor WindyCOYS WindyCOYS and others are more than welcome to sit on my board :). So I guess I do want an American to be the owner 🤣
I wasn't implying you did want American ownership, just cracking a joke about how badly UK fans would take it if the colonials started being good at football and they couldn't ignore it.

Lo Celso and N'Dombele haven't been 'garbage' by any stretch - both have shown talent and ability. GLC has also been injured for much of the season, which doesn't help. However in all honesty both have very much flattered to deceive, especially given the combined outlay (c. £90 million?)
Ndombele has had a couple of good games (Sheffield UTD away springs to
mind). Yes, Lo Celso has been injured but he’s been utterly ineffectual since coming back. Powder puff. And Reguillon started well, but genuinely has been garbage for the past few months.

I will support those players completely and hope they all turn it around. My issue is with the fans that put them on pedestals and excuse everything they do (because they fulfill some wanky idea of what a modern footballer should be) but then mug off a young lad that has just started for us, rather than actually support the player.

Bit Jerry Maguire that...

Show Me The Money GIF

Lol, 'ITKs' saying Ten Hag won't happen and it's driving Spurs Community to suicide.

They could just doubt those blaggers know what they're talking about but that would go against the cult, you see.
:dembelelol:
The Ajax fan on here said that he thinks Ten Hag is likely to turn down an approach from us, apparently he would prefer to manage in Germany when he leaves Ajax. So who knows, he might be a major target for Levy with an approach about to be made but it might not be enough

Ndombele has had a couple of good games (Sheffield UTD away springs to
mind). Yes, Lo Celso has been injured but he’s been utterly ineffectual since coming back. Powder puff. And Reguillon started well, but genuinely has been garbage for the past few months.

I will support those players completely and hope they all turn it around. My issue is with the fans that put them on pedestals and excuse everything they do (because they fulfill some wanky idea of what a modern footballer should be) but then mug off a young lad that has just started for us, rather than actually support the player.

Who mugged off a young player?

Back
Top Bottom