Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
But what was Ten Hag doing between retiring at 32 and his first managerial job at 42? There's a decade missing on his CV?

I don’t know, maybe he pimped in Amsterdam or sold pot?
He was an assistant at FC Twente and PSV from 2006-2012, so he got into coaching a couple seasons after retiring.

He was also part of the Bayern Munich setup for a couple years with their reserve team, so his football experience isn't completely insular, although obviously he has spent most of his time in Dutch football.

He's been successful in every job he's had (promotion, promotion, Europa league, then a bunch of silverware at Ajax). He was also sporting director at FC Utrecht.

He was an assistant at FC Twente and PSV from 2006-2012, so he got into coaching a couple seasons after retiring.

He was also part of the Bayern Munich setup for a couple years with their reserve team, so his football experience isn't completely insular, although obviously he has spent most of his time in Dutch football.

He's been successful in every job he's had (promotion, promotion, Europa league, then a bunch of silverware at Ajax). He was also sporting director at FC Utrecht.
Was he Steve McClaren’s Dutch accent coach at Twente?

I think we should be praying for Ten hag to
come. Naggelsmen , Jesse Marsch and Rodgers have all turned us down. We’re on the verge of no champions league two years running. Why on earth would we then attract a champions league level manager? Right now we are just not a very desirable club to attract a top level name, and that’s just the reality of it.

True enough but what have we learned about Ajax in that time against stellar European competition?

That there fall from grace is the same as ours

got beat by us SOMEHOW
2 years ago when 2-0 up in a major European semi final with seconds remaining lol 😂

Can’t do jack shit in champions league or Europa league since

Again like us

Clearly it’ll be like a home away from home when Ten Haag arrives lol 😂
That night in Amsterdam really was Ajax out-Spursying us to an extreme degree.

EtH will fit right in:levywhoa:

Thought I’d pop along to see what the legendary ITK’s are saying. Hercules with a banger! 😆

‘’ETH noises is super strong!
We are talking to him/reps!
I personally believe he looks likely. But JJ may see things from what we are not seeing/hearing. No issues there. As I said couple days ago ‘who interviews best’. Let me state very firmly that the talk still remains on the terms I mentioned before.

mother names there, but not strong enough for me to name them. Upto you to make your decisions. Even me who hear a lot with strong Connections, has ordered ongoing salt supply.’’
JJ who has definitely provided real info in the past has nailed his colours to the mast and said no to ETH, pretty brave considering all the press noise. Will be interesting to see if he is right

Let's beg Red Bull to buy us and make those 2 our feeder club then.
Not for me Clive.

Would prefer we got our own shit together regarding the structures at Spurs. Get a clear direction of how we want to play football, define this identity, shape everything around it to support it.

Reported that Caplehorn has now left the Club, which basically leaves 3 people running the Club!

There's been a massive exodus of talent flowing out of the Club in the past 2yrs, not replaced with anywhere near the same level, let alone better. Those that have been appointed to address this lasted just 3 months before they fucked off.

Football has scores of Clubs that have achieved great things with strong models put in place that have elevated those clubs, all because they stuck to and believed in their identity. Without this what is there?

Not for me Clive.

Would prefer we got our own shit together regarding the structures at Spurs. Get a clear direction of how we want to play football, define this identity, shape everything around it to support it.

Reported that Caplehorn has now left the Club, which basically leaves 3 people running the Club!

There's been a massive exodus of talent flowing out of the Club in the past 2yrs, not replaced with anywhere near the same level, let alone better. Those that have been appointed to address this lasted just 3 months before they fucked off.

Football has scores of Clubs that have achieved great things with strong models put in place that have elevated those clubs, all because they stuck to and believed in their identity. Without this what is there?
Its so obvious that Levy has presided over a complete brain drain. Id back a few people on here to do better. We need a D.O.F a return to the historic playing style of the club a new scouting net work and a blue print for how we will play across the age ranges. I honestly think Levy should step down.

Winning the Eredivisie is a joke with consistently the richest biggest club in Holland.

Compare that to Potters achievements in Sweden it would be like him taking Achilles 29 (currently bottom of Holland’s Jupiler league) to win the Erevidise

Or like taking Grimsby town from bottom of league 2 to the premier league could Ten Haag do that?
No wonder you have Christian Gross photo !

True enough but what have we learned about Ajax in that time against stellar European competition?

got beat by us SOMEHOW
2 years ago when 2-0 up in a major European semi final with seconds remaining lol 😂

Again like us

HE WASN'T IN CHARGE THEN !

got beat by us SOMEHOW

Again like us

Surprised that they have the internet in your institution !

I wanted Ten Hag after Poch left. We all saw how he got that Ajax team playing the season before (with some very good players mind you) and I thought he fit our style very well. We went with Mourinho seemingly because Levy wanted the publicity and a shot at a trophy. We see now how that’s worked out. Get it right this time Levy.

Back
Top Bottom