Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
After the shitshow of this season and the absolute tripe level of football we have witnessed.

I just want us to play exciting football again and hopefully be back with mates in the stadium and have the buzz of matchday again.

Last edited:
Thought I’d pop along to see what the legendary ITK’s are saying. Hercules with a banger! 😆

‘’ETH noises is super strong!
We are talking to him/reps!
I personally believe he looks likely. But JJ may see things from what we are not seeing/hearing. No issues there. As I said couple days ago ‘who interviews best’. Let me state very firmly that the talk still remains on the terms I mentioned before.

mother names there, but not strong enough for me to name them. Upto you to make your decisions. Even me who hear a lot with strong Connections, has ordered ongoing salt supply.’’

i guarantee you 100% they spent shitloads more money then Brighton too
Leeds spent 96 million before the season according to Transfermarkt. And didn't sell a single player (lots of ended loans and free transfers out instead).

Brighton bought for 25 mil and sold for 18 for comparison's sake.

Let's face it... whoever we get, we'll turn shit.... and if we get someone already shit, they'll stay shit... and we'll hate them/us for coming in the first place!

The Sun saying that Nuno Espírito Santo have been offered to our club by Jorge Mendes.

Ok.. is the Sun but i hope that this is shit like usual by them

No thanks, another Portuguese defensive manager.
Bored Cabin Fever GIF by chuber channel

It’s like most of the leagues in Europe (shit ones)

Scotland - Celtic or Rangers (although been a long journey back to the top for the gers)

Holland - Ajax or PSV and once upon a time Feyenord

Spain - Real Madrid or Barcelona and maybe Athletico Madrid once in a blue moon

Germany - Bayern 9 times out of 10 then Dortmund win there 1

France PSG and every now and then Monaco or this season Lille maybe

These leagues are not that competitive so I don’t think we should read too much into Ten Haags amazing achievements at the richest biggest club In Holland.
But we can evaluate him against something other than the domestic league. 3 seasons of Champion’s League participation means 20 games against top-level opposition while actually being the underdog.

I think that counts for a lot.

But we can evaluate him against something other than the domestic league. 3 seasons of Champion’s League participation means 20 games against top-level opposition while actually being the underdog.

I think that counts for a lot.
True enough but what have we learned about Ajax in that time against stellar European competition?

That there fall from grace is the same as ours

got beat by us SOMEHOW
2 years ago when 2-0 up in a major European semi final with seconds remaining lol 😂

Can’t do jack shit in champions league or Europa league since

Again like us

Clearly it’ll be like a home away from home when Ten Haag arrives lol 😂

Picking between Ten Hag, Rangnick, Potter, etc.. seems less important than the fact that they are all broadly the direction the club should be looking to go: progressive/attacking football that works well with youth. Pochettino was 2nd choice to Van Guul in 2014, so it's always a bit of crap shoot.

The larger issue is the football structure at the club.

True enough but what have we learned about Ajax in that time against stellar European competition?

That there fall from grace is the same as ours

got beat by us SOMEHOW
2 years ago when 2-0 up in a major European semi final with seconds remaining lol 😂

Can’t do jack shit in champions league or Europa league since

Again like us

Clearly it’ll be like a home away from home when Ten Haag arrives lol 😂
I feel like this is a very scoreboard driven kind of thinking that misses the forest for the trees.

What we have learned is that Ten Hag can coach teams made up of very raw kids and past-peak veterans to play effective attacking football in the style we want, and he can get them to play that way against much bigger, more talented teams. He also can get them to press really well and play a very tight defence, without having great centrebacks.

Pochettino struggled to do that by the end of his time, so Ten Hag might be able to at least bring us back to where we were, or even take us further.

If you spend all day just looking at final scores then you miss the point. A coach has no influence on the final score. He cannot kick the ball, can’t make a pass. He can only train the team before the match, shout advice, and make 3 substitutions. The only thing he is responsible for is the process. That’s what he controls. So you need to evaluate him based on that.

Back
Top Bottom