Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
It is essential that we sort this out as Summer targets will need to be signed.
I can see that we are going to gave an explosive window.
Kane going, Son going,
Whoever gets this gig is going to need an international address book and a great knowledge of Premier League. Parker, Potter ?
Then again we have European ambitions so Ten Hag?
Unfortunately we will have to give the next guy more than 2 seasons

An American manager might work out in Germany but it would never work out here. It's impossible to take any American seriously when they talk about football. One just assumes they don't know what they're talking about. It's the same with British people talking about the NFL, it just sounds ridiculous.
Sometimes I like you, and then you say shit like this lol.

Fuck me, that is a sad take on life.

I appreciate this has probably been covered upthread but I haven't had the time to go through every message.

The rebuild will be painful, no matter who is in charge. But pain, as long as we can see progression, I can live with. The pain we've had over the past two years is no fun. I think I'm like most here, realistic, in not expecting titles but what I do want is a degree of style coupled with being competitive, and to me that's challenging top 4 and taking all the cups seriously.

I think Ten Hag is definitely one of the better options, and I would far prefer him to Potter or Parker. However, it's almost irrelevant who is in charge as until we get a proper DoF working with the manager and implementing the same playing strategy at all levels, and Levy goes back to dealing just with the money, and not playing some sort of fantasy football director, along with Hitchens, then we’ll be having this same conversation in 18 months time.

Last edited:
This quote really stirs my intrest...

"His structured attacking play is very attractive and I aim to implement this at Ajax.'
Ten Hag on Pep. The total lack of attacking coaching has been the thing that I've complained about ALL season. When we were top I was saying we were poorly coached. For this alone I'm interested in the Dutch men. My dream would be a joint announcement with Ragnik as D.O.F. we MUST THINK BIG

I have an American to thank for teaching me more about the game than anyone else.
Didn't you know. Our brains are different over here, as are yours over there, so things in Sport do not translate from which country they were founded, to another.

I mean, a Canadian invented basketball, so really, Spain in theory has no right to talk about, and neither do Americans, the country that runs the NBA and has dominated the sport.

God these type of comments just make me furious.

Last edited:
Hopefully Woolwich get kicked out of the europa league by Emery at the semi final stage. But if they then sack Arteta we are going to be fishing in the same pool as them for managers. Got to make sure we get the best one.

Winning the Eredivisie is a joke with consistently the richest biggest club in Holland.

Compare that to Potters achievements in Sweden it would be like him taking Achilles 29 (currently bottom of Holland’s Jupiler league) to win the Erevidise

Or like taking Grimsby town from bottom of league 2 to the premier league could Ten Haag do that?
So are you saying you wouldn't take Hansi Flick or Poch back if he wins the league at PSG?

He has had a gent with him, kyle Macaulay since his days in sweden who has been his head of recruitment. So I would say a decent amount of influence
I'm an interested observer of his work, I'll admit. But I really don't like the composition of that Brighton squad. It's got too many samey players for me. Too many small fellas without power and pace, and not enough individual brilliance, of course. I watched their recent games against Leicester, Man Utd, and Everton, and I must admit I felt sorry for Potter trying to make a silk purse out of that sow's ear. On top of their lack of quality at the sharp end of the pitch, the lack of natural replacements for March and Lamptey hurts them so much, I think. So that's why I want to know who is organising the recruitment there.

Hopefully Woolwich get kicked out of the europa league by Emery at the semi final stage. But if they then sack Arteta we are going to be fishing in the same pool as them for managers. Got to make sure we get the best one.
Arteta is not going to win the cup so are they going to continue with him ?
My guess is that they will, for 12 months at least.

Well, for your favourites, you put that down to a lack of coaching from Jose.

So why don’t we extend that principle to the young lad that we’ve only just signed and actually support him.

?

That isn't even close to being true.

And overrating players is not supporting them. I hope Rodon does great but he hasn't shown any ball playing ability, he has been weak with his passes and doesn't look confident when he has the ball at all.

When you consider it all, City have more money than anyone then Chelski then United so actually the only really successful manager's recently are
Poch
Rodgers
Ancelotti
Dyche
Wilder

And Wilder is available !

Its so obvious that Levy has presided over a complete brain drain. Id back a few people on here to do better. We need a D.O.F a return to the historic playing style of the club a new scouting net work and a blue print for how we will play across the age ranges. I honestly think Levy should step down.
I do think this feeling is instigated primarily through a lack of communication. There has been, not enough, info on our website if you look hard enough for it, on the academy structure and how it worked with it's aims etc... This was evident mostly when McDermott was here.

On the same theme, it also shows just how powerful having a winning first team, including academy players has on our psyche has fans. When Kane, Mason, Bentaleb, Rose even Carroll, then Winks etc were all getting mins this attracts the interest of the media, they ask questions and dialogue opens up, fans do their homework too and therefore many feel a connection to the Club different from the connection they had with a team made up of purchased players.

This also feeds more pieces from the club, people looking deeper at the academy and into the U18's etc.

The moment results don't come combined with dross football and a team made up of zero "new" (not Kane, Winks etc) academy players despite the chest-beating and false PR grandstanding by Jose, it just undermines the confidence further.

Ultimately everything stems from the dinosaurs shambolic time in charge, a complete change in the philosophy of playing, not just that was played under Poch but also not played by any of the elite football teams in Europe! It's this that makes no sense, no logic, no planning, no strategy. If there is one there's nothing communicated to fans to give an explanation, so instantly the trust and connection that previously existed are instantly severed.

An American manager might work out in Germany but it would never work out here. It's impossible to take any American seriously when they talk about football. One just assumes they don't know what they're talking about. It's the same with British people talking about the NFL, it just sounds ridiculous.

He knows nothing. Went from trailing 3-1 at half to getting his team to play their game and tied it at 3-3. They did lose the game 4-3, but the dude loves the game and has energy and passion for it. He Is willing to learn another language, which many corn-fed Americans are not, and has grown in a club system that is turning out manager after manager.

I can't give up on this topic, but I will.

Last edited:
Lol 😂

Arteta won the FA cup last season with a bunch of shite not bad for someone so inexperienced to take those chuckleheads to the final be the underdogs and totally outclass Chelsea on the day.

Even the woolwich can win trophies still with the dogshit teams they have had over the years

They didn't come close to outclassing Chelsea that day they won on luck and terrible ref decisions.

Back
Top Bottom