Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Here is a pretty detailed breakdown of Ten Hag written before he took the job at Ajax:

Thank you for that. Shows that there is much more substance to Ten Hag than just what we have seen at a mega Dutch club like Ajax. That job he did at Utrecht was extremely impressive

Brutal... I still hope you’re wrong
You better believe

Chelsea Ligainggris GIF by MolaTV

I was curious who took Ajax to the Europa League final before Ten Hag took over. Peter Bosz left Ajax and joined Dortmund, got sacked the same season and then took over at Leverkusen getting sacked there also.

Might as well go for him no? I don't get the desire for Ten Hag to be honest, prefer Martin Jol back.

I was curious who took Ajax to the Europa League final before Ten Hag took over. Peter Bosz left Ajax and joined Dortmund, got sacked the same season and then took over at Leverkusen getting sacked there also.

Might as well go for him no? I don't get the desire for Ten Hag to be honest, prefer Martin Jol back.
Martin probably will take Cock with him.

This is so daft I don’t even know why I’m responding. How about rating him on his working qualities rather than a sweeping judgement because of his Nationality?

This is so daft I don’t even know why I’m responding. How about rating him on his working qualities rather than a sweeping judgement because of his Nationality?
wtf you on about? I'm comparing Ajax managers, which all 3 have been. nationality is irrelevant

All of the appointments we're discussing are actually soul destroyingly uninspiring to me.
Both through the fact they look out of their depth or my lack of knowledge.

Not for me Clive.

Would prefer we got our own shit together regarding the structures at Spurs. Get a clear direction of how we want to play football, define this identity, shape everything around it to support it.

Reported that Caplehorn has now left the Club, which basically leaves 3 people running the Club!

There's been a massive exodus of talent flowing out of the Club in the past 2yrs, not replaced with anywhere near the same level, let alone better. Those that have been appointed to address this lasted just 3 months before they fucked off.

Football has scores of Clubs that have achieved great things with strong models put in place that have elevated those clubs, all because they stuck to and believed in their identity. Without this what is there?
Not gonna get it with ENIC/Levy I'm afraid.
Their belief is we can farm talent at the academy. Talent that are all spurs fans and want to play for the club.
Sadly for every Kane there's far more Winks' and worse.

All of the appointments we're discussing are actually soul destroyingly uninspiring to me.

I still don't get this view, there are a lot of intriguing and solid options. There may not be any sure fire guys but I don't think there ever is.

The board/structure of the club is still the main issue and will likely limit the effectiveness of the manager but there are a number of intriguing options that bring quality football and the possibility to have a lot of success.

What is it that you would like to see in a manager that would be better or actually out there? Are there other guys you could see us getting that would be inspiring?

wtf you on about? I'm comparing Ajax managers, which all 3 have been. nationality is irrelevant

My bad.

I share reservations about ETH just because of how well Ajax are run. However he did coach Ajax to a much higher level than Bosz and certainly Jol.

Let’s not forget Jol is still a top 3 manager of the ENIC era and he to us came from RKC Waalwijk.

Comfort yourself that it’s the latter.

Jol > Santini

Pochettino > Van Gaal.

Add in Ramos, AVB and Mourinho and the lesson here is that we have been anything for underwhelming to terrible with “big name” coaches

My bad.

I share reservations about ETH just because of how well Ajax are run. However he did coach Ajax to a much higher level than Bosz and certainly Jol.

Let’s not forget Jol is still a top 3 manager of the ENIC era and he to us came from RKC Waalwijk.
So funny. Jol never succeeded to win the league with Ajax but according to many here he was a top coach at Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom