Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Joan. The name's Joan.

Pochettino. Achieving the unnachievable on a shoestring.

Reaching and exceeding his cunt boss's targets with his hands tied year after year.

Bow down to the man. Bow down and show some respect.
You can't achieve the "unachievable" if you've won nothing "Joan".

Oh and I don't like Levy either but that doesn't mean I have to start bowing down to a loser like Poch.

In a way I'd be worried about a Conte or Ten Hag because we need to clear out a lot of these players and I'm sure some would be given a clean slate.

We need to be ruthless and clear the deadwood.

Radical Rei Radical Rei I have nothing against you but your anti Poch agenda is becoming tiresome.
I just can't help it, lad.

I've made statements on here that are just quoting Poch, (please see the little quote under my avatar) and I get bombarded with disagrees and people calling me a cunt, ect ect.

It's hard not to go on the offensive, I think the massive amounts of borderline Poch worshipping on here becomes a bit much at times and I hope to be a counterweight.

Thanks for your comment though I appreciate it, it's better than the wall of disagrees.

It was certainly unprecedented and awful, but wasn't it one of the main rumors that he was too stubborn about his first choices and refused to settle for other options? We're not an oil club, we can't just buy any player that a manager wants. That's doubly true in COVID times. I'm hoping if he returns that it's with a more realistic understanding about this and a willingness to look to youth and less perfect transfers (this is one thing I'm surprised he hasn't picked up from Bielsa, who seems fine with playing just about anyone as long as they fit the "role" in the team).

I have a hard time believing that Poch only wanted Oil State level spending or nothing.

And it is not like things have changed with Poch being gone, we still go for cheap options rather than buy the players we need. It is clearly a Levy problem.

Hats off to Chelsea I guess.

E2lXnMhXMAQYQFl

I've made statements on here that are just quoting Poch, (please see the little quote under my avatar) and I get bombarded with disagrees and people calling me a cunt, ect ect.

It's hard not to go on the offensive, I think the massive amounts of borderline Poch worshipping on here becomes a bit much at times and I hope to be a counterweight.

Thanks for your comment though I appreciate it, it's better than the wall of disagrees.

You do realise that it’s perfectly possible to want Poch back but recognise he made some mistakes and his last season was gash.

Nobody is saying he’s the fucking messiah!

BUT we also reached a cl final, consistently qualified for the CL and played good football.

That’s the version we want back.

Given City will go all-in now for Harry, sell him for as much as we can since they'll be desperate, try to get Conte and Lukaku, and build the team around him.

Past failure does not equal future failure. Tuchel couldn’t win a champions league at psg, but now has at Chelsea.

past success doesn’t equal future success. We saw that with Jose.

I still personally think that ten Hag would be the right person to incorporate our youth, but Poch’s good and bad previously with us doesn’t mean he won’t win something if he comes back.

Given City will go all-in now for Harry, sell him for as much as we can since they'll be desperate, try to get Conte and Lukaku, and build the team around him.
Was thinking whether that result is good or bad news for us regarding Kane. They will obviously come in for him now but like you say we can probably demand extra. I still can't see anyone paying more than 100 mill for him though.

Back
Top Bottom