Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Are we any closer to knowing yet?
GIF by Great Big Story

I like SC and I think there's some really good ITK on there or some really good posters.

But Hercules made up rubbish being treated like gospel really ruins the reputation of the sight. And of course like others are saying in the reply you complain or question it and you get banned by that weird admin,
'That weird admin'.

A perfect summary of A&C

I don't think that he had much input on recruitment, he may have said things in the media to support the club but I don't see much reason to believe it when you look at the players we did, and then didn't bring in.

You don't think he was part of the "committee" even? You don't think he was ever consulted about potential recruits? I'm pretty sure he even spoke about going to watch and talking to potential targets, no?

You don't think he was part of the "committee" even? You don't think he was ever consulted about potential recruits? I'm pretty sure he even spoke about going to watch and talking to potential targets, no?

I think he might have been consulted but that Levy didn't give a shit what he thought if he didn't think he could get a deal on a player.

I think if Poch said I like player A over player B but Levy can get what he thinks is a deal on player B than player B is coming in 100% of the time, regardless what Poch thinks of them.

Because that was his preferred style and one that he used the most often.

Only switched to the diamond after Levy failed to back him and he felt he had to change things without having the proper players.
We have different opinions on why he changed to the diamond. I believe it was to spare the players a bit in order to keep more of them non-injured at the end of the season. You say it's because he didn't get any new players one summer. I also think part of the problem with this was that he didn't get his first choice and turned down the other suggested players.

Terrible really with levys piss poor decision making and ego were having to get poch back. Poch knew 2 years ago dier, sissoko and other players werent good enough and we needed a rebuild. Levy knows fans speak with their wallets. Getting poch is a no brainer. Just get it sorted levy and clean up the mess you made.

I have never said the only way to develop players is loans. Never. All I've said is it's one way to get game time into them. A la Kane, Walker, Skipp etc

Can you evidence me some of the 17yo's you have predicted big things for Todd that have panned out?

Could you tell Harry Kane was going to achieve what he has at 17? Kyle Walker ? Because I sure as shit don't remember you saying so. In fact, I don't remember you ever predicting big things for a 17yo player, or even any player before they've actually had a few games and already proven some of that "goodness".

In fact, even on this page you've said:

Surely with your spidey powers you can call this one based on his 17yo self no? Or even based on his season long champo exploits? Why the hypocrisy hedge?

I have, however, seen you make some wonky calls about players older and vastly more experienced than 17yo's. Strange.

And again, the point here is not whether you or are Nostradamus, it's whether Poch is/was. Poch presumably saw "good" in the players he kept around, no? If not, why keep them around? So you disagree with him (and me) ? Should he have binned them at 17? What was your take?

No shit. Nice base coverage there.

OK, so Pochettino should know this right. The players he's keeping around, should track right, right? Especially with his expert guidance.

OK, so tell me then, These players that Poch thought were good (otherwise why would an expert in the field like him keep them around) - did they improve after their three years in Poch's stair cupboard, if so, how?

Let's hear how that argument goes Todd?

What type of football have I been brought up on Todd?

You asked how I know the methods Poch used weren't getting the best out of those players. I have never said I know, I have said it is my opinion, and it was based on watching them before, during and after.

So are you saying I am possibly right, or are you saying in your your opinion I am wrong. If so, then how do you know, based on what? Because you've suggested they didn't improve whilst with Poch in your previous posts?

More bullshit. Never believed this, never said this.

Yes, he does still have weaknesses defensively, always been that way, possibly always will, but he's always been pretty good in midfield areas and in his game play, and it's my opinion that he's undoubtedly learning something, even if it's not vast, gaining confidence and contributing to Southampton's tactical approach, getting on the ball more than he did with us during his two games a season.

Especially if those agendas clash with your agendas eh?

Dude, just put him on ignore. He argues all the time and acts like some kind of higher intellect.

Terrible really with levys piss poor decision making and ego were having to get poch back. Poch knew 2 years ago dier, sissoko and other players werent good enough and we needed a rebuild. Levy knows fans speak with their wallets. Getting poch is a no brainer. Just get it sorted levy and clean up the mess you made.

It's obvious what happened. Poch said we needed a rebuild. Levy wanted £50m+ for Eriksen and no one would pay it, no doubt he thought he could get £50m for Dier and big money for Lamela, Aurier, Sissoko and Moura too but no one met the asking prices so that was it.

If there is no money in the pot to account for depreciation in player values then the only real option is is regular turnover of playing staff when their values are high.

Are fans going to accept that or get angry that we're a "selling club" ?

We can't be in a position again where half our match day squad isn't worth picking, but we can't sell then, not can we discard them and upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom