Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've been racking my brain trying to think of what the most visually compelling protest could be.
I thought shirts with "to dare is too dear" but tbh, no one is gonna see it.

Then I thought about something that would really get some headlines.

Bare with me.....

Everyone wear red. Whole stadium.
That would be headline news everywhere.
Already found the answer some weeks ago.

Swing your trousers around your head, singing, "I've got my trousers off, I've got my trousers off, etc"

Bound to get media coverage.

Beats me why nobody else is doing it.

The deadwood should already be gone we should be taking whatever we can get for them. Sissoko should have been sent away back to France or where ever after the Zagreb match and did not bother to put a tackle in.
Do you remember when Winks came on second half in our CL exit match, his first touch (or one of his first touches) was to get caught in possession then we conceded a goal.

So yeah the pair of them should be gone already but I;ll be happier if they are transfer listed along with Dier and one or two others.. as well as Lamela and that little dutch fellow who'se name I can't spell. . I still think our LB RB are better when attacking so a new system might work out well for them! I can also visualise PEH and Skipp being good together.

It's just really get rid of them, and refresh our defence with some better/quicker/younger players and we're okay for a top 6 imo. Of course it depends what happens with Kane.

I'd be happy if we sold 7 or 8 and bought 3, our finances have been spread over too many fodder players instead of a smaller number of better ones.

Poch wasn't a 'high profile or good multi trophy winning coach' when he came to us.

No but he did have Saints playing more than the sum of their parts. He wasn’t my first choice, LVG was the big name and he rejected us for United but we ain’t a money club or even a well run club.

Getting managers with records is pointless with us, you need managers who can make the most of what they have and play an attractive style of football and blood young players. It’s why I thought Ten Hag and Potter would be ok, not because they are elite but because they might fit.

Poch wasn't a 'high profile or good multi trophy winning coach' when he came to us.

I wasn't pro-Poch when we got him but it's incomparable to now and mostly thanks TO Poch.

He took over a team that had one season in the champions league, hadn't finished above Arse in 20 years, had an old small stadium and weren't going anywhere.

Since then we've had 4 straight seasons in the CL, built (but not maintained) a world class squad, a 63k seat elite stadium, signed record deals with Nike and AIA and on an on.
Expectation is 3 levels higher now than it was when we got Poch and even though I wasn't Pro-Poch then, a proven PL coach was a better bet than a fucking journeyman nobody.
No needs to be polite, this guy is the football equivalent of boxers who make a living out of being target practice for good Fighters.

Finally a balanced post!! Cheers mate.

As I say I know fuck all about Fonseca, so that's why I'm asking rather than throwing my toys out the pram for no reason.

So if Potter's side would be better for having better attackers, then why wouldn't Fonseca's team be better for having better defenders? (looks like his had a lot of injuries to his defenders who have been out for ages and he's been playing very young lads in their place????)

Again, I know nothing about the forthcoming DoF so I can't stand his defence or attack based on zero-knowledge, all I can do is ask questions and read up about him.

I think obviously any side would be better with better defenders, but the difference for me is that at Brighton Potter is at a club that has a clear talent deficiency based on their finances comapared to the teams around them, at Roma Fonseca doesn't have that issue. Potter coming to Spurs is going to give him better attackers no doubt, Fonseca coming from Roma is not giving him better defenders necessarily because it is more of a sideways move.

It also seems to be more of a tactical set up for Fonseca rather than a well organized team that is let down by individuals like has happened with Brighton.

For me at Roma Fonseca has had many more resources and players to fix the issue that Potter has not had at Brighton.

I wasn't pro-Poch when we got him but it's incomparable to now and mostly thanks TO Poch.

He took over a team that had one season in the champions league, hadn't finished above Arse in 20 years, had an old small stadium and weren't going anywhere.

Since then we've had 4 straight seasons in the CL, built (but not maintained) a world class squad, a 63k seat elite stadium, signed record deals with Nike and AIA and on an on.
Expectation is 3 levels higher now than it was when we got Poch and even though I wasn't Pro-Poch then, a proven PL coach was a better bet than a fucking journeyman nobody.
No needs to be polite, this guy is the football equivalent of boxers who make a living out of being target practice for good Fighters.
Knew a lot about Fonseca before yesterday? Watched a lot of Roma?

Not a dig, just a point that I think our new DOF will know more about him and his abilities than 100% of this forum.

You've never had to recruit anyone, have you?

Not at the level that these guys are at no.

So you honestly think that Spurs will go this far down the path to bringing him in and then back out for ? All the reliable reports say that he is the top choice of Paratici. This situation is nothing like the Conte one.

I hope you are right I just see zero reason to think this isn't going to happen. And it seems you are basing it on hope and nothing else.

I give up. If Fonseca really becomes our manager I think I am going to put my support for Spurs on hiatus until the bald 💩head is gone. This has disaster appointment written all over it. Fonseca has not improved any clubs he has been at. Levy appointing a yes man after flirting with Conte and Poch is the ultimate insult to fans. I hope the fans see the light and Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is a ghost town for every game.
Unless we win...

No but he did have Saints playing more than the sum of their parts. He wasn’t my first choice, LVG was the big name and he rejected us for United but we ain’t a money club or even a well run club.

Getting managers with records is pointless with us, you need managers who can make the most of what they have and play an attractive style of football and blood young players. It’s why I thought Ten Hag and Potter would be ok, not because they are elite but because they might fit.
And before they took a chance on him I think he'd left Espanyol in the relegation zone hadn't he?

I'm not actually all that opposed to Fonseca really, we tried the big name (albeit an over the hill one) and it didn't work. There are no guarantees that even a serial winner can get our squad of wet lettuces to man up.

The main reason I'm pissed off is that we have spent all this time fucking about only to hire some random guy who happens to be out of work. Throughout the process I was fairly relaxed thinking that there was some reasoning to it and that it was taking so long because it was something really exciting, and that Levy had it under control, and that those losing their shit were just overreacting.

This is proof that they weren't, there was no plan, there was no point sacking Mourinho when we did, th "leadership" of the club is an absolute clusterfuck and as much as I still resent Ken for wanting to leave our club, I now actually understand it.

He has to deal with these fuckwits day in day out, he can't just naively hope that next year will be our year, he knows everything that we don't and he wants out.

Fonseca may turn out to be the second coming of Poch, he might even win a trophy, but if he does it's not a vindication of Levy's method, it's in spite of it, a fluke.

fogueres fogueres
What's the feeling in Italy about Fonseca's potential appointment at Spurs?

Here's what he said yesterday
I was surprised because I initially thought it was staying in Italy. I like him as a coach and as a person, he has low-key tones. The experience with the Shaktar enriched him. Don't be impressed by some AS Roma crash: as mentioned in other posts, Rome is environmentally difficult. He gets excited about 2-3 wins in a row and gets depressed at all: it's not an ideal environment for a coach.

Back
Top Bottom