Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Again, I'm absolutely in the dark about him, so all my info has come from what I'm reading about him, so please bear this in mind, but I comment merely to have some kind of adult debate about someone rather than what most people seem to be doing which is spitting out their dummies also without having any knowledge to base any opinion off.

Since my post above I've subsequently come across this:

E3d1a-cWUAAlakZ

Which I THINK plays to largely the injury problems he had in defence I was talking about. Basically, their main CB mins came from 2 CB's younger than Tanganga!!! And another who was 26yrs old!! And converted midfielders (and DM's) played as wingbacks!!

Again, no defence of him as I don't know him but the more I read about him the more relaxed I feel about him.

I'll always via towards Potter over him because I've seen him close quarters and nothing of Fonseca, so it's almost impossible for me to change that outlook nothing I've read about him is horrendous and from these readings, I'd say he's in the Potter bracket.

Taking your point about financial disparities then both performed as well as they could given their financial resources perhaps, with Fonseca edging Potter on the basis that he got to an EL semi-final, whereas Potter had zero European games to manage to level the playing field in training/prep and rehab in a season which was already condensed and truncated (perhaps directly contributing to their injury problems??).

I have not watched much of Roma myself, I didn't watch much Serie A at all this year and last year when I did I focused more on Inter and Atalanta, so like you I am going off of a lot of reading and looking at results.

The injuries happened at the end of his 2nd year there, when looking at his first year the defense sucked then. When looking at the first half of the season he likewise had some terrible defensive performances, again against top teams as well. So I don't think we can blame all his defensive issues on players being injured because they weren't good defensively before the injuries either.

If you feel relaxed the more you read about then that is good for you, I have yet to come across anything that makes me relaxed about him at all. I still have yet to see anything to indicate he is a guy that should be taking over a club like ours. The best arguments I have seen for him is that he might not be complete dogshit just pretty terrible.

I've got less concerns with Fonseca as a coach, tactician, motivator etc as I have with with logic for his appointment and what he would be tasked with doing.

He doesn't strike me in any way shape or form as the person you give the Kane fee and a load more money ontop to. I doubt he'd know anything about any of our existing squad so he'll end up using this coming season to evaluate the utter fucking dogshit we have.
He'll probably get sacked before selling them and we'll repeat the same shit again next time.

This is why someone who knows us and immediately knows a bad player is desperately required. A DoF isn't there to decide who isn't good enough, that's down to the coach.
This is the point for me.

It doesn’t say “we’re back” in the way a Conte or Poch appointment would.

And it doesn’t say “rebuild” like I think bringing Potter in would.

Whatever your view on the direction our club should go in, his appointment doesn’t seem to fit an end goal. It screams 6th place purgatory to me.

I still have yet to see anything to indicate he is a guy that should be taking over a club like ours.
I think this is an overestimation of what our actual goals are, unfortunately.

Make any European place and revive the transfer market value of our Summer 2019 acquisitions. That’s the brief. Fonseca could plausibly do that.

I think this is an overestimation of what our actual goals are, unfortunately.

Make any European place and revive the transfer market value of our Summer 2019 acquisitions. That’s the brief. Fonseca could plausibly do that.

When you say our you mean the club. Because my goals are rightfully higher than Daniel Levy's and not out of whack from what we should expect.

I will say that going by Levy's low standards Fonseca is a poor choice as well. He is unlikely to get us European places, and certainly not the CL that he desperately wants and will have no impact on increasing the value of our players.

When you say our you mean the club. Because my goals are rightfully higher than Daniel Levy's and not out of whack from what we should expect.

I will say that going by Levy's low standards Fonseca is a poor choice as well. He is unlikely to get us European places, and certainly not the CL that he desperately wants and will have no impact on increasing the value of our players.
Oh I dunno about the latter.

Roberto Martinez was awful but his tactics made a bountiful asset of John Stones.

Again, I'm absolutely in the dark about him, so all my info has come from what I'm reading about him, so please bear this in mind, but I comment merely to have some kind of adult debate about someone rather than what most people seem to be doing which is spitting out their dummies also without having any knowledge to base any opinion off.

Since my post above I've subsequently come across this:

E3d1a-cWUAAlakZ

Which I THINK plays to largely the injury problems he had in defence I was talking about. Basically, their main CB mins came from 2 CB's younger than Tanganga!!! And another who was 26yrs old!! And converted midfielders (and DM's) played as wingbacks!!

Again, no defence of him as I don't know him but the more I read about him the more relaxed I feel about him.

I'll always via towards Potter over him because I've seen him close quarters and nothing of Fonseca, so it's almost impossible for me to change that outlook nothing I've read about him is horrendous and from these readings, I'd say he's in the Potter bracket.

Taking your point about financial disparities then both performed as well as they could given their financial resources perhaps, with Fonseca edging Potter on the basis that he got to an EL semi-final, whereas Potter had zero European games to manage to level the playing field in training/prep and rehab in a season which was already condensed and truncated (perhaps directly contributing to their injury problems??).
I hate stats, they prove NOTHING

Oh I dunno about the latter.

Roberto Martinez was awful but his tactics made a bountiful asset of John Stones.

I think John Stones actually had skills though to work in that system. I am not sure who is going to work well in a Fonseca system to boost their value, certainly not any of our defenders.

Its way weirder than that he has had a channel for five whole years and has made one comment. The one where he states Fonseca will manage spurs.

The blokes clearly from the future. I'm trying to uncover his Internet foot print....so far he's in the Zapruder footage and outside the Dakota building. Its giving the whole Fonseca thing a bad news vibe.
Maybe he's an alien ? Does he ever smile?

Back
Top Bottom