Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Again, I'm absolutely in the dark about him, so all my info has come from what I'm reading about him, so please bear this in mind, but I comment merely to have some kind of adult debate about someone rather than what most people seem to be doing which is spitting out their dummies also without having any knowledge to base any opinion off.

Since my post above I've subsequently come across this:

E3d1a-cWUAAlakZ

Which I THINK plays to largely the injury problems he had in defence I was talking about. Basically, their main CB mins came from 2 CB's younger than Tanganga!!! And another who was 26yrs old!! And converted midfielders (and DM's) played as wingbacks!!

Again, no defence of him as I don't know him but the more I read about him the more relaxed I feel about him.

I'll always via towards Potter over him because I've seen him close quarters and nothing of Fonseca, so it's almost impossible for me to change that outlook nothing I've read about him is horrendous and from these readings, I'd say he's in the Potter bracket.

Taking your point about financial disparities then both performed as well as they could given their financial resources perhaps, with Fonseca edging Potter on the basis that he got to an EL semi-final, whereas Potter had zero European games to manage to level the playing field in training/prep and rehab in a season which was already condensed and truncated (perhaps directly contributing to their injury problems??).
Interesting stuff.

The concern, of course, is that our defence is a shambles. Rodon feels key. If we can build him into a confident CB that will play out from the back and is happy to push up, then maybe we stand some sort of chance. Put Tanganga alongside him. I like Toby, but his days are numbered. Dier is gone and Sanchez is a liability.

Christ knows his this will work out.

English is pretty good, similar to Poch's really but pronunciation is much better. Seems to be the way with the Portuguese they pronounce a lot better than native Spanish speakers ... guess it's a schooling thing

I don’t care who we appoint as manager , Levy has already made it clear he isnt
Prepared to invest in the squad and convince Kane that he should stay , so we get to have a Poundland manager all the while paying the highest season ticket prices in the country! The sooner this rat gets out of our club the better! Again this is nothing against the manager , but if Levy had intentions of winning Conte would be the manager by now, instead we have gone for the Italian yes man who will be happy to play winks , sissoko and Dier some more! Absolute cunt of the highest order is our Levy!

I don’t care who we appoint as manager , Levy has already made it clear he isnt
Prepared to invest in the squad and convince Kane that he should stay , so we get to have a Poundland manager all the while paying the highest season ticket prices in the country! The sooner this rat gets out of our club the better! Again this is nothing against the manager , but if Levy had intentions of winning Conte would be the manager by now, instead we have gone for the Italian yes man who will be happy to play winks , sissoko and Dier some more! Absolute cunt of the highest order is our Levy!
Couple of things mate -

Fonseca won't be manager, if he's appointed he'll be head coach.

It's already been reported that Winks/Sissoko are being moved out by our new DOF, Paratici.

Instead of going all Poundland, let's give him our support?

English is pretty good, similar to Poch's really but pronunciation is much better. Seems to be the way with the Portuguese they pronounce a lot better than native Spanish speakers ... guess it's a schooling thing
More than that it's because whereas the Spanish dub TV and film, the Portuguese subtitle, so they grow up hearing English from when they are tiny.

Admittedly that's gradually changing in Spain, with more audio options available on digital TV, more original version-subtitled options at cinemas and an ambitious bilingual schooling programme

Couple of things mate -

Fonseca won't be manager, if he's appointed he'll be head coach.

It's already been reported that Winks/Sissoko are being moved out by our new DOF, Paratici.

Instead of going all Poundland, let's give him our support?
Yeah, I'm pretty dispirited just thinking about the bald lad in charge, but I can't help but support the club and hope that Paratici and Fonseca are up to the task of making us competitive again.

Also pretty sure that we'll be getting rid of Sissoko, Winks, Lucas, Lamela and a few more if there are takers.

One things clear. We are skint.

Just to think back - Mourinho was appointed day after Poch was sacked. Now what ? 50+ days and no sign of the manager ?

I get it that club have had massive losses. No revenue from stadium was probably never considered in all those financial planning models for the stadium debt. The fact that we had to do private placement for 250m says it all.

All I want is honesty from club & Levy. If you are out of money and cant spend, come out and say it. Come out and say - No money. We are bringing in a DoF. Sales will be reinvested and used for squad revamp. All the control will be given to Paratici. When things come back to normal, we will invest in squad.

Not that every Spurs fan will be satisfied but sizeable base will appreciate the honesty and could bring some sanity back to the club.

Not this nonsense of, going after managers who will never agree to come to us and making us laughing stock of football world

Interesting stuff.

The concern, of course, is that our defence is a shambles. Rodon feels key. If we can build him into a confident CB that will play out from the back and is happy to push up, then maybe we stand some sort of chance. Put Tanganga alongside him. I like Toby, but his days are numbered. Dier is gone and Sanchez is a liability.

Christ knows his this will work out.
I wouldn't call our defence a shambles, it's been put on huge pressure by an incompetent coach, with keeper and defenders being asked to constantly defend almost every game as we conceded possession to the oppo.

IMO Our weakest links are still in the middle of midfield and our tactical approach to using the midfield. Also, our forwards don't press well (better when Mason came in) but it's not a well-organised press from them, it's why the oppo has had almost free reign.

I'm not saying it can't be improved, of course, it can I've seen NOTHING from Rodon in a Spurs shirt to have any confidence in him, that's not to say he can't, just haven't seen it at all, or if he's blocked shots well, he's still made the same errors as Dier, Sanchez & Toby, it just that he's not any of them, has rarely played so this means he's out of the crosshairs ergo he must be better.

At the very basic level if we have more control of the ball, we have more control of the game, we, therefore, aren't setting deep soaking up oppo pressure.

But we as a matter of priority need to improve our central midfield both tactically and with personnel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom