Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dont agree at all. Kane wasn't potentially going the last 2 summers. We also had managers in place. I dont think its extraordinary, we've been here before a few times, 2004 with Arnesen when we bought a new team, 2008 when we lost Keane and Berbatov, 2013 when we sold VDV and Bale. Much more similar to those than recent years.

I guess we will see the truth from the future.

I personally do not think that Kane leaving or staying is once again so dramatical.
Players leave teams. Of course it impacts how teams play, but right now we had Kane and did not achieve anything. We could as well achieve more without Kane (which will not mean that it was because of Kane that we did not before or smth like that). We will see.

Last year just the fact that "we had manager in place" did not stop everything falling apart, did it? We did not see any significant departures, but we should have. We had lot of subpar players that also played part in the shitshow that was our 2021 so far.

I’d take Potter - gets his teams playing excellent football and could maybe bring Ben White with him.

My preference is still either ETH or Gallardo (young and gets River Plate playing nice football), however.

cat kitten GIF

Is an anonymous, quoteless, substanceless, tweet "News"?

Genuinely think people take flakey clikbait far too seriously on here (and thats meant in the general, not directly at you) - especially if its negative.
I’m being purposefully mellow dramatic. It’s a coping mechanism for all the shit us “legacy” fans are being put through.

Like you say if you take that nonsense seriously there is something a little bit wrong, in fact if you do take it seriously I have a bridge in London to sell you…

Relax, this is a Levy masterstroke
No need to rush, think of all the money he is saving not paying players and coaches who are on holibobs.

Also there's probably quite a few thousand season tickets that didn't renew last week. Need to drip out some more good/fake news to reel in the newbies.

Leicester signing Soumare and Edouard.

Villa signing Buendia and enquiring for Ward-Prowse.

Tottenham getting rejected by managers, not linked to players and falling further behind teams all at the same time.

We've gone from the brink of glory, a Champions League final, to being further away than we've ever been in the space of 2 years.
do you really expect us to make new signings when a manager isn't in place? There's an order here:

DOF>Manager>Players

Holidays, Euros and availability comes into play here as well.

If the first game of the season comes, we have no manager, or a sub-standard excuse, we've sold our best players, signed nobody or only hours before kick-off then i'll be fecked off.

If however a DOF is confirmed this week, a manager next week and a couple of players close to the euros concluding then i'll be fine with that. Sure I would have liked them as soon as the domestic season concluded but maybe the DOF was the big hold up?

Maybe we are going to be really ground breaking and be the first club not to have a manager?
The player that peforms best in training that week,gets to pick the team and tactics.
And at last,Daniel will be hailed as the forward thinking genius he truly is...

Odds are shortening on Conte again, across the board. Except at William Hill, but they are probably more interested in making money than giving us false hope. Fuckers.
I say stuff him, he's had his chance.All that modern rubbish talk about ambition and winning.Just goes to show he didnt look into our great history(since 2001),otherwise he would have realised we are bigger than that baubles and bells rubbish...

Last edited:
Maybe we are going to be really ground breaking and be the first club not to have a manager?
The player that peforms best in training that week,gets to pick the team and tactics.
And at last,Daniel will be hailed as the forward thinking genius he truly is...
First to win the double
First to win a European trophy
First not to sign a player
First not to have a manager/coach

#onlyeveronefirst

Odds are shortening on Conte again, across the board. Except at William Hill, but they are probably more interested in making money than giving us false hope. Fuckers.
You know this isn't based on news or Intel, it's bookmakers lowering odds based on bets.

A few sad cunts from SC see an Italian flag get a raging hard on and lump all their saving on Conte. Probably promising the board their winnings.

Back
Top Bottom