Pre-Season - Colchester v Spurs Wednesday 21 July, 19.45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Skipp has more awareness in midfield than Winks and Dele combined

I'm not sure what Dele's long term career will look like, but I can tell you for sure it's not on the left side of a midfield 4-3-3. It's a strange place to use him (Poch did, but that was only in the dire days of us only really having Winks and Sissoko).
Couldn't agree more, Skipp is by far the best midfielder on the pitch

I wonder if Nuno sees Skipp as an 8 and Winks is just playing Pierre's role today?

If today's performance is an indicator, I'd be happy with Pierre as a 6, and a rotating cast of Skipp/Ndombele/Lo Celso as 8s.

Our RB is pushed really high when we are in possession. Makes me think Doherty will play that role for us at times (or a RB we acquire later this summer). Another option is the Japanese lad from Bologna plays a very reserved RB role and we push Regy very high on the left.

Back
Top Bottom