Premier League Fixtures 2021/22 Announced Wed June 16th at 9am.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Actually that is a positive post because I expect us to do a hell of a lot better this season.
If you feel negative about our possibilities then there's not a lot I can do about it.
You must have missed my post in the January thread where I said we won't need anyone cos we'll be unbeaten.

:nunofist:

Was just having a laugh tbh.

Then there's only one thing for a pair of jokers like us to do...

alcohol drinking GIF by Crossroads of History
Mine's a large one.

No diff to the Europa League on that front.

Then again CL can mean Wed away/Sat 12.30 away..... Which is just as shit if not even worse.

Perhaps you'd be happiest with no Europe at all....

This season I definitely would prefer that.
It's been done to death, but generally speaking, the travel distance is both shorter and usually more convenient when travelling to CL fixtures than farmers fields.
I don't think we've done bad in our group this year though
But on top of that, whilst Wednesday and Saturday is indeed the same number of days as Thursday to Sunday, there are the routines, days off and the fact a decent number of games are actually Sunday for tv.
IE, it's rarer to play Wednesday Saturday in the CL than Thursday Sunday in the lesser competitions

The week is seven days long - if you playing on two days per week you get five days off - three before and two after or two before and three after. It makes very little difference which way around, of course for EPL/CL you tend to play all your best players twice, whereas for EPL/Thursday nights 7//8/9 rotations is not unusual ... far easier for a manager to deal with the later scenario.

Last night:

"The Premier League will announce its December fixture programme on Monday, seven days after its own deadline passed, having dealt with major logistical challenges in getting the busy programme resolved."

Busy programme? Like a full set of matches every week?

I thought they were supposed to be releasing January at the same time.

We've only got one home match anyway (Goons) plus two away (Watford and Chelsea) so we may as well assume that they will all just move to Sunday anyway.
Yes, they said December and January, so was surprised to see the gooner game still at 3pm on a Saturday........never gonna happen!

Burnley away rescheduled for Wednesday 23 Feb.

PL couldn't give a toss about fans.
Reschedule a weekend fixture to midweek.

Ridiculous.

So we now have 3 home games in a row followed up by 3 away games in a row.
Same will happen for the Goons game that got called off for no good reason.

They moved the Everton game just last week from Saturday 3PM which I think may have one of our few Saturday 3pm KOs to Monday 8pm. I mean they could have moved to Sunday if at all? But no Monday night. Which now means won’t be home until 1AM and work next day. As for Everton fans wonder they think. I’m sure a lot people got their tickets for the Saturday 3PM KO and made arrangements. Now your fucked.
I ummed and arrghed for ages about going to this game. Finally bit the bullet after arranging cover for someone to look after the other half.
The game was rearranged less than 12 hours later. Couldn't fuckin make it up.

They moved the Everton game just last week from Saturday 3PM which I think may have one of our few Saturday 3pm KOs to Monday 8pm. I mean they could have moved to Sunday if at all? But no Monday night. Which now means won’t be home until 1AM and work next day. As for Everton fans wonder they think. I’m sure a lot people got their tickets for the Saturday 3PM KO and made arrangements. Now your fucked.
FFS!!!!!!

Is the Burnley game likely to be moved? It's due to be played on 15th May at 430pm. I've actually been able to get time off of work to enjoy this one.
The full PL programme that weekend is scheduled for Sunday 15 May to avoid the FA Cup Final, but I suppose the time could be changed from 15:00 (are you sure it's schduled for 16:30? I've not heard that) or it could shift to the Monday evening. Could it also shift to Friday? There used to be a ten game per season limit on Friday matches, but I don't know if that is still the case (or if we've reached that already this season).

Looking at the other fixtures though there's West Ham v Man City*, Man U v Chelsea and Southampton v Liverpool* so I'd expect that those would be the TV picks, all of which I would have thought would be more attractive than Spurs v Burnley for most armchair supporters. But hey, what do I know?

*Just remembered that one of them will not be in the final, but I still can't see them picking our match.

Last edited:
The Wednesday before Liverpool is the CL semis and I think that Sky (and UEFA) would want to avoid a clash.

I reckon either side of Burnley with the Wednesday after to be the most likely to increase the chance of it being the decider.

Ideally we don’t want it inbetween Leicester and Liverpool. That would be the worst time. So that’s good news. Top flight matches aren’t allowed to be televised at the same time as CL games.

Back
Top Bottom