Premier League star arrested on suspicion of rape

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Somewhat tenuous, but.... The Giggs case is getting detailed coverage right now...... Sounds sinister as fuck.

Dark vibes.
Yeah looks like he’s up to his neck in it. Seems like a right bullying prick. Reckon he’ll do time personally.

Welsh FA dealt with it well too, suspending him pending an outcome.

As I have said before it is not a business, which a football club is, to police crimes but the Police. Their job is do the best for thei business and if that means playing someone accused of a crime, then they are acting in the interests of the business.
To get them to change their approach it needs action from employees, other players objecting to play with them or supporters refusing to go to matches or affecting the match by abusing the players by chants or booing. Only this type of action will get them to change.
whilst I do not have a problem with Woolwich playing a suspected rapist, I do hope it rebounds on them, by player unrest and supporters of both theirs and the opposition affecting the result.
I mean....he should be suspended until it's sorted right. Not sure.you can say you don't have a problem. I agree with innocent until proven guilty but suspending him keeps him away from the abuse and let's the police crack on. Pretty.aire he would be suspended in 99% of jobs

I don't think that's fair, but if the accusation has some level of credibility -- evidence to be verified, some leads to follow -- then yeah, go ahead.

Otherwise a lot innocent people would find themselves pariahs without the slightest bit of evidence against them. just being publically accused of sexual crimes is enough to ruin lives, EVEN IF strong evidence comes out disproving the accusation.
Unfortunately, your 2nd paragraph is basically what normally happens right?

Unfortunately, your 2nd paragraph is basically what normally happens right?
Yup, think about Bissouma, there are a lot of people who won't be able to let go of some ligering doubt about him. He'll probably be OK cos of his wealth and status, but for the average joe, not so much.

I've read many stories (in the US) of young men having photographic/video evidence, text messages etc, proving their innocence beyond doubt, but their university/workplace still refused to reinstate them.

There are cases where a man (almost invariably a black man) is convicted on nothing but the testimony of the girl, and then 10 years later she confesses that she lied.

Welsh FA dealt with it well too, suspending him pending an outcome
I reckon they knew what kind of a monster he was before they hired him. He's been doing this shit for years. United likely covered it up.

Like Kevin Spacey, Weinstein etc. it was probably an open secret among certain circles.

The evidence and the court case just made it impossible for them to carry on as normal.

Like us with "Gazza" the wife beating, drunkard who has been welcomed for years, only cos he's still a fairly popular figure and his wifebeating hasn't quite caught the public eye enough to generate outrage.

Woolwich are basically hoping Partey will sneak under the radar, and think that the evidence is not substantial enough to go anywhere legally speaking.

Same with Greenwood btw, there was rumblings of some shit for at least a year prior to the video released by the victim. United must have known. Quite a few United fans remarked on the unusual absence of Greenwood from press duties, the usual United media hype building etc.

While what he’s been accused of is awful, I don’t think it helps to equate it with noncing. As far as we know he hasn’t been accused of anything with children, so not sure why it’s a problem if he’s come into contact with any youth players. I also don’t imagine the first team and the kids share a changing room.

Completely agree that he should be on gardening leave until this is all cleared up though.

Yeah man spend your time as the internet police
Someone clearly needs to...🤨

I mean....he should be suspended until it's sorted right. Not sure.you can say you don't have a problem. I agree with innocent until proven guilty but suspending him keeps him away from the abuse and let's the police crack on. Pretty.aire he would be suspended in 99% of jobs
Why keep him away from the abuse? He should have to listen to it every match.

I reckon they knew what kind of a monster he was before they hired him. He's been doing this shit for years. United likely covered it up.

Like Kevin Spacey, Weinstein etc. it was probably an open secret among certain circles.

The evidence and the court case just made it impossible for them to carry on as normal.

Like us with "Gazza" the wife beating, drunkard who has been welcomed for years, only cos he's still a fairly popular figure and his wifebeating hasn't quite caught the public eye enough to generate outrage.

Woolwich are basically hoping Partey will sneak under the radar, and think that the evidence is not substantial enough to go anywhere legally speaking.

Same with Greenwood btw, there was rumblings of some shit for at least a year prior to the video released by the victim. United must have known. Quite a few United fans remarked on the unusual absence of Greenwood from press duties, the usual United media hype building etc.
Obviously devastating to see any miscarriages of justice and western democracies all take the view that it is better to let ten guilty people go than imprison or punish one innocent person. False rape accusations are extremely harmful.

However the context is that only 1.6% of rape accusations are charged and only 70% of those result in successful prosecution. That’s 1.12% of rapes successfully prosecuted.

Even if we assume that half of all rape accusations are malicious or false (and does that really seem right to you?) then that’s still 97.76% of rape victims who never see their rapists dealt with by the law.

So let’s set these things in context. Rapists getting away with rape is a FAR bigger problem than false accusations.

Obviously devastating to see any miscarriages of justice and western democracies all take the view that it is better to let ten guilty people go than imprison or punish one innocent person. False rape accusations are extremely harmful.

However the context is that only 1.6% of rape accusations are charged and only 70% of those result in successful prosecution. That’s 1.12% of rapes successfully prosecuted.

Even if we assume that half of all rape accusations are malicious or false (and does that really seem right to you?) then that’s still 97.76% of rape victims who never see their rapists dealt with by the law.

So let’s set these things in context. Rapists getting away with rape is a FAR bigger problem than false accusations.

Easy to say but how would you feel if you’d spent the night with a woman and you thought that it was consensual only to find the police banging on your door to arrest you for rape as the ‘victim’ changed her mind in the morning so it’s your word against hers?

I agree that any rapist should be locked up for a long time but you must prove it in a court of law first

Easy to say but how would you feel if you’d spent the night with a woman and you thought that it was consensual only to find the police banging on your door to arrest you for rape as the ‘victim’ changed her mind in the morning so it’s your word against hers?

I agree that any rapist should be locked up for a long time but you must prove it in a court of law first
What are you banging on about? Did you read my post?

Many, many so called men beat women.
Many take it the stage further and use their superior body strength to sexually beat women.
I have hated bullies all my life and have fought them when I can.
I wish more felt the same.

What are you banging on about? Did you read my post?
And I thought we were getting on so well 🙄

I disagree with your last paragraph in that false accusations which lead to an innocent man getting convicted of a serious offence like rape are much worse than a rapist getting away with anything

That’s what I’m banging on about
Your choice of phrase btw

Many, many so called men beat women.
Many take it the stage further and use their superior body strength to sexually beat women.
I have hated bullies all my life and have fought them when I can.
I wish more felt the same.

You’re quite right
They’re not men at all but scummy cowards

And I thought we were getting on so well 🙄

I disagree with your last paragraph in that false accusations which lead to an innocent man getting convicted of a serious offence like rape are much worse than a rapist getting away with anything

That’s what I’m banging on about
Your choice of phrase btw
I started the post by acknowledging exactly what you said. Being falsely accused something is terrible especially when it comes with the stigma of a sex crime.

I also said it’s better to let ten guilty people go than imprison/ punish one innocent person.

We agree on that.

However at least 97% of rape victims never see justice. That is a HUGE problem. I don’t know how many false accusations you think there are but the scale of the problem is not going to touch that so it’s not reasonable to create a false equivalence.

Back
Top Bottom