Qarabağ FK, 1882!!!, Europa League, 17 Sept., 20:05

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

a48bb6cf-9a1f-4e43-a3ff-2998f82a564d-620x372.png

what's going on here?
Photo was taken when Lamela was mid-sniff. Rose looks normal to me.

When Lamela raises his level to average, people start going mental, its ridiculous.

He played ok, 2nd half, and took his goal very well. There was no more to it than that. Maybe calm down a bit eh....the geezer was very slightly better than normal, but the oppo was 10% of the normal quality we play against.

Relax mate, you seem to be very excited about what we should be expecting to see at a bare minimum from him.
He played much better than average the second half. Very good imo. Linked up well with son and alli. Unlucky not to score two. Started that great counter and played some great balls. Average is harsh and this is coming from someone who isn't the biggest lamela fan.

Good second half performance. Alli Son and Clintin look promising.

Lamela had a much better second half. If he can do that for 90 mins on a regular basis we might be getting somewhere with him finally.

Rose had a bit of a mare at the back. Hopefully that's just a blip.

Thought carrol picked a pass well tonight too. Of course we can't get too carried away with any of it tho due to the opposition.

So he didn't take the ball out of Alli's stride and then miss the chance?

You still didn't explain what you think my agenda is?
No, he didn't, and therein lies your agenda.

Lamela started the move, was side on with the ball whereas Alli was directly behind it. It was Lamela's shot to take, he'd earned it, and was in the technically better position to hit it. His body angle opens up the whole goal, Alli's body angle did not. It's simple football technique. As I said to Sammy, you can criticise Lamela for a lot of things, he's shit a lot of the time, but actively making stuff up, like stealing opportunities from his team-mates is an agenda, you're looking for something to criticise.

He stole fuck all.

I'm done debating it.

He played much better than average the second half. Very good imo. Linked up well with son and alli. Unlucky not to score two. Started that great counter and played some great balls. Average is harsh and this is coming from someone who isn't the biggest lamela fan.
He did ok for half of a game, and was atrocious for half. Average is a fair assessment IMO. But I dont need to go about it.

Alli the star man and a good game to watch.

I think it could be Chadli who strangles our attacks actually. Much more energy without him.

When Lamela raises his level to average, people start going mental, its ridiculous.

He played ok, 2nd half, and took his goal very well. There was no more to it than that. Maybe calm down a bit eh....the geezer was very slightly better than normal, but the oppo was 10% of the normal quality we play against.

Relax mate, you seem to be very excited about what we should be expecting to see at a bare minimum from him.
Sensationalist Sammy strikes again. I'm defending a player that gets butchered, fuck me right?

Again, looking for a reason to belittle a performance. That's not me. You revel in that shit.

Sensationalist Sammy strikes again. I'm defending a player that gets butchered, fuck me right?

Again, looking for a reason to belittle a performance. That's not me. You revel in that shit.

Yet you are the one sensationalising an ok performance into something else.

Calm down, its boring. You are taking it all way over the top. I get it ok. Why do you have to say the same thing 400 times.

You thought Lamela was good. Nice for you.

Can't we play shit opposition, with youth and new signings every week?

Actually enjoyed a Spurs game for a change, despite some haphazard defending.
Glad to hear it CB. Defensively (centrally) I didn't think we looked bad. I actually thought Wimmer and Alderweireld played very well together, but the full backs were real poor defensively, mostly Rose.

No, he didn't, and therein lies your agenda.

Lamela started the move, was side on with the ball whereas Alli was directly behind it. It was Lamela's shot to take, he'd earned it, and was in the technically better position to hit it. His body angle opens up the whole goal, Alli's body angle did not. It's simple football technique. As I said to Sammy, you can criticise Lamela for a lot of things, he's shit a lot of the time, but actively making stuff up, like stealing opportunities from his team-mates is an agenda, you're looking for something to criticise.

He stole fuck all.

I'm done debating it.
Whatever. U still keep using Agenda as if you know what it means. Someone disagreeing with you isn't an agenda and criticising Lamela isn't agenda.

Even the commentator said he took the chance off of Ali so I'm not making something up to criticise him.

Also I praised his finish and commented on his second half performance after the game. I expect you ignored that tho cause it doesn't fit the narrative of me having an "agenda". Now if THATS not an agenda I don't know what is either.

all 10 matches caught on my ticket bet !!! tonight in europa league ,so:
i played these:
1) Etienne- Rosenborg GG (goal-goal) (FT: 2-2)
2) Groningen-OM 2 (FT: 0-3)
3) Rapid Wien- Villarreal GG (FT: 2-1)
4) Napoli-Bruges 1 (FT:5-0)
5) Dortmund-Krasnodar 3+ (3 goals or more) (FT:2-1)
6) Bordeaux-Liverpool GG (FT:1-1)
7) Fener-Molde 3+ (FT: 1-3!)
8) Ajax-Celtic GG (FT: 2-2)
9) Partizan- Alkmaar 1 (FT: 3-2)
10) Tottenham-Qarabag 1 (FT 3-1)

Thanks,Spurs! Lamela and Son... also ;)

Isn't it nice to finally see it though? Can't we agree that it's a better level and be happy about that and hope it's a sign of upwards form rather than hate on what's been?

Calm down, its boring. You are taking it all way over the top. I get it ok. Why do you have to say the same thing 400 times.

You thought Lamela was good. Nice for you.
You quoted me mate. You don't wanna hear it, don't quote me. You moan about that stuff enough. Take your own advice.

''Why do you have to say the same thing 400 times.'' - also, lol at that coming from you.

Back
Top Bottom