Racism in football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicely worded, but written based on two assumptions:

1) everyone knows it's just about racism
2) you're assuming what foreigners think

I would say 1) these pages should show you that isn't the case, if this is a small cross-section of society (lol) and 2) from my experience, foreigners, especially outside of the west think all this stuff is certainly an embarrassment, but perhaps not the directed at what you think.

白左
You're right. I have assumed people will think it's racist.

Do you think I'm right to believe that some of the booers are racists?

Tried putting this into a translator and it came up with 'white left'. ????
It's pronounced 'bye-zow', and is a commonly used derogatory term used by the Chinese to refer to hypocritical white liberal westerners who are obsessed with virtue signalling about everything from race and immigration to trans rights etc etc. It began in reference to (As they saw it) the constant meddling of westerners in Chinese affairs like Tibet, Hong Kong and the South China Sea, but has since become synonymous with all things woke. The direct translation doesn't really work, but it's an insult.

When I lived there I was often asked if I knew any in real life, comically. It's a personality type that simply does not compute.

Edit: similar vein as Malcom X's 'the white liberal is the worst enemy of the black man'.

Another thing that sits heavily with me, is I wonder how it must feel to be a black England team member, making an anti-racism gesture just before kick off, hearing my own fans booing me and my gesture. It would make me feel sick. It would sap my enthusiasm. I would think, 'Sod 'em. I can't be bothered.'

Thank goodness I'm not in the England squad.

It's pronounced 'bye-zow', and is a commonly used derogatory term used by the Chinese to refer to hypocritical white liberal westerners who are obsessed with virtue signalling about everything from race and immigration to trans rights etc etc. It began in reference to (As they saw it) the constant meddling of westerners in Chinese affairs like Tibet, Hong Kong and the South China Sea, but has since become synonymous with all things woke. The direct translation doesn't really work, but it's an insult.

When I lived there I was often asked if I knew any in real life, comically. It's a personality type that simply does not compute.
Was it directed at me?

No, it was an effort to highlight what perhaps you may feel as embarrassing (putting yourself in the shoes of an outsider) is not, in fact what some outsiders see as embarrassing - the opposite in fact. In reference to the assumptions I mentioned.
Thanks.

I reckon you're as heavily involved in making assumptions as I am.

Interesting assumption.

You've made a fair amount of them. You always do.
Well yes, that is the nature of an internet forum. Feel free to counter any assumptions as I tried to do with Tart, or just sit in your hide waiting for the racists to enter the kill zone.

Talking of, what I didn't assume, was that you had served however. A pleasant surprise - what unit?

Another thing that sits heavily with me, is I wonder how it must feel to be a black England team member, making an anti-racism gesture just before kick off, hearing my own fans booing me and my gesture. It would make me feel sick. It would sap my enthusiasm. I would think, 'Sod 'em. I can't be bothered.'

Thank goodness I'm not in the England squad.
But then the other way to look at it is that prior to letting fans back into stadiums it was perhaps losing some impact, I was bored of the commentators at kick-off as they read off their cards about what was happening. It had Ferdinand and Zaha questioning its impact.

But let the fans in and we are instantly reminded of why it's being done. It's now back to being impactful, fans applauding those that protest, doing so with passion and a determination to drown out those that boo. Sterling, Rashford, Son whoever hear that and can connect with that support for them and hopefully draw energy from it.

The irony is the racists have put this back at the top of the agenda again, were it not for them there was a danger of it becoming a Kick it out T-Shirt.

The players are being racially abused almost constantly, this doesn't change, what has is there is now an empowered fanbase that wants change as much as them, they can now hear that. The boos and the racial slurs were there anyway and something they've been dealing with alone for far too long.

Now is the time to tell you my position on this. Ready?

But then the other way to look at it is that prior to letting fans back into stadiums it was perhaps losing some impact, I was bored of the commentators at kick-off as they read off their cards about what was happening. It had Ferdinand and Zaha questioning its impact.

But let the fans in and we are instantly reminded of why it's being done. It's now back to being impactful, fans applauding those that protest, doing so with passion and a determination to drown out those that boo. Sterling, Rashford, Son whoever hear that and can connect with that support for them and hopefully draw energy from it.

The irony is the racists have put this back at the top of the agenda again, were it not for them there was a danger of it becoming a Kick it out T-Shirt.

The players are being racially abused almost constantly, this doesn't change, what has is there is now an empowered fanbase that wants change as much as them, they can now hear that. The boos and the racial slurs were there anyway and something they've been dealing with alone for far too long.
An empowered fanbase! , can you hear yourself?

Don't try to use me to undermine someone else's sincere and astute point, when you have none of your own. Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 has made a good point and he's taught me something.
Guido has no good points at all he's a lonely bitter keyboard warrior who can't get past his own ego, bordering on mental illness if he thinks he is leading the way on racism by casting aspersions on people like me, I pretended to boo a television 😂😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom