Racism in football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you boo this message you’re ignorant, stupid or racist.....

Stop trying to make it something that it's not. It's not political or ideology. There are those that are saying it is, they do so so they can hide behind that reasoning to boo it.

E3tMcdLXEAQv0Nx
Again, not true.
There are racist whoo are booing, no doubt.
But you cannot say 5k or 10k people are racist just like that, based on thaz gesture.

Of course it's political because of the BLM. The players aren't in that categpry, they do it because they feel lile it's right thing to do, and it is looking from that angle. But some of the fans are just angry or bored with all BLM stuff over the past year, so they probably are booing to gesture that political organisation put ahead.

I really don't care, but it doesn't seem like that's doing anything to help. For how long are they gonna kneel?
Fans in the past didn't have problem with anti-racism campaings until this one, and we all know ot's because of BLM organisation.
Of course, there are racist people, but I'm not certain there are so many, in England especially.

Priti Patel doesn't support 'gesture politics' when it comes to taking the knee but, being a hypocrite, revels orgasmically in the 'gesture politics' of hoards of adoring tory faithful cheering, clapping and giving her standing ovations at every tory party conference (covid permitting :) ).

Priti Patel doesn't support 'gesture politics' when it comes to taking the knee but, being a hypocrite, revels orgasmically in the 'gesture politics' of hoards of adoring tory faithful cheering, clapping and giving her standing ovations at every tory party conference (covid permitting :) ).

What a load of old drivel ,have some gesture politics 🖕🏿🖕🏿🖕🏿✊✊✊✊💦💦💦💦

Again, not true.
There are racist whoo are booing, no doubt.
But you cannot say 5k or 10k people are racist just like that, based on thaz gesture.

Of course it's political because of the BLM. The players aren't in that categpry, they do it because they feel lile it's right thing to do, and it is looking from that angle. But some of the fans are just angry or bored with all BLM stuff over the past year, so they probably are booing to gesture that political organisation put ahead.

I really don't care, but it doesn't seem like that's doing anything to help. For how long are they gonna kneel?
Fans in the past didn't have problem with anti-racism campaings until this one, and we all know ot's because of BLM organisation.
Of course, there are racist people, but I'm not certain there are so many, in England especially.
Where is the politics in that message, point it out to me, no one else has yet to do so despite asking this question multiple times?

They will kneel for as long as there is coverage of it, for as long as it remains being discussed as an issue I suppose. I believe it was losing an impact just before fans were allowed back into the stadium. I too was bored of listening to the monotonous tones of a commentator reading off his scripted card explaining it during every KO.

When a campaign or protest becomes "normalised" it loses some impact, probably a poor example is Kick it out T-Shirts, this campaign was never taken seriously, was seen by hardly anyone (before KO in warm-ups in front of 10% of the capacity stadium and not broadcast on TV), I say it's a poor example because it never had an engaged fanbase supporting it from the very start, it has always been despite the great work of individuals that help run it like Troy Townsend (a lot of his work is directly within football clubs throughout the country and isn't seen by fans/people outside of the clubs) a Corp box-ticking exercise for the PL who drop a tiny % of their revenue in each year to fund it.

This protest is powered by the players themselves, many of whom receive racist abuse on a daily basis and they have enabled many thousands of fans to support them in their cause.

Are you criticising a woman of colour??..

fail red card GIF by juanfutbol

Where is the politics in that message, point it out to me, no one else has yet to do so despite asking this question multiple times?

They will kneel for as long as there is coverage of it, for as long as it remains being discussed as an issue I suppose. I believe it was losing an impact just before fans were allowed back into the stadium. I too was bored of listening to the monotonous tones of a commentator reading off his scripted card explaining it during every KO.

When a campaign or protest becomes "normalised" it loses some impact, probably a poor example is Kick it out T-Shirts, this campaign was never taken seriously, was seen by hardly anyone (before KO in warm-ups in front of 10% of the capacity stadium and not broadcast on TV), I say it's a poor example because it never had an engaged fanbase supporting it from the very start, it has always been despite the great work of individuals that help run it like Troy Townsend (a lot of his work is directly within football clubs throughout the country and isn't seen by fans/people outside of the clubs) a Corp box-ticking exercise for the PL who drop a tiny % of their revenue in each year to fund it.

This protest is powered by the players themselves, many of whom receive racist abuse on a daily basis and they have enabled many thousands of fans to support them in their cause.
Why didn't they start doing it before BLM?

Why didn't they start doing it before BLM?
They started it after the American football player did it . The originator of a protest for equality not a Marxism sect .

This is just going around and around . If people want to boo against footballers who’ve made it clear that it’s nothing to do with the organization BLM then boo , it’s uncomfortable viewing as it portrays a stance against anti racism , but it’s your choice . It’s okay to argue against BLM , the political group as they are clearly extremists but when someone releases a statement pointing out it’s meaning & the individual still wishes to still see it as something it isn’t , then no one can change their minds

Wows, even with the Euros, it’s going to be one long heavy and painful pre-season on here, especially with the extended lockdown.

:mourweird:

For what it’s worth…

1. I completely support the England team in wanting to make a simple but visible anti racism gesture, based on what they’ve said.

2. I’m anti the BLM movement and all the rewriting of history, anger at statues etc. Meaningless and pointless.

3. There’s much work still to be done on combatting racism in sport and society in the UK.

4. Despite the above, I’m deeply uncomfortable with the wokery, tokenism and false gestures of the past year, especially from corporate and public entities, who carry on doing what they’ve always done. As someone who is mixed race, I’ve found most of it patronising and offensive by its crassness.

Not quite sure what that achieves other than giving everyone something to disagree with.

Good day and good night.

Up The Spurs.

Looking at the likes you received on this post, you brought everyone together (temporarily....very temporarily) on this issue. Well done Gandhi! Nobel peace prize for you, you smooth silver tongued devil you.

They started it after the American football player did it . The originator of a protest for equality not a Marxism sect .

This is just going around and around . If people want to boo against footballers who’ve made it clear that it’s nothing to do with the organization BLM then boo , it’s uncomfortable viewing as it portrays a stance against anti racism , but it’s your choice . It’s okay to argue against BLM , the political group as they are clearly extremists but when someone releases a statement pointing out it’s meaning & the individual still wishes to still see it as something it isn’t , then no one can change their minds
I have had ,and still do, concerns about the connection to BLM (the organisation), but...
The kneeling takes what 10-15 seconds? It really doesnt effect me,and many players still feel there is a valid reason for doing it.Its about abuse their own team mates take,not the bloke from America
If it bothers people so much ,come back from your pre match jimmy riddle a bit later.

And booing your own players ,is never a good look.Be that England or Spurs.

I have had ,and still do, concerns about the connection to BLM (the organisation), but...
The kneeling takes what 10-15 seconds? It really doesnt effect me,and many players still feel there is a valid reason for doing it.Its about abuse their own team mates take,not the bloke from America
If it bothers people so much ,come back from your pre match jimmy riddle a bit later.

And booing your own players ,is never a good look.Be that England or Spurs.
It's the ''constantly offended brigade''. They need to be heard.

Just look at Pooper booing the TV. Who else is gonna see or hear apart from your wife and kids. Probs think he's mental.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom