Real Madrid "Partnership"

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bale wasn't even close to a world record fee last year. I think there was still an argument to be made over Di Maria or Bale before last season. So, I think that is nonsense.

I didn't mean that we agreed to a world record fee for Bale in advance but instead an agreement regarding Real Madrid having first refusal. It ended up with us getting a world record fee the two thoughts weren't connected but I worded it poorly.

From I don't give a shit where.com...
Spurs chief Daniel Levy failed with late attempt to block Mesut Ozil's move to ArseAnal
TOTTENHAM chairman Daniel Levy called Real Madrid president Florentino Perez yesterday in a bid to stop him selling Mesut Ozil to Woolwich, it has been revealed.
By: Ben Jefferson Published: Tue, September 3, 2013
Reports in Spain suggest that Levy appealed to the partnership between the two clubs agreed as part of the Luka Modric transfer to try and stop Perez selling Ozil to Spurs' north London rival.

According to El Confidencial Levy felt "betrayed" by news that Ozil would be allowed to leave for the Gunners after enquiring about the player's availability during July and August, potentially as part of the Gareth Bale transfer. Daniel Levy didn't want Mesut Ozil to join Woolwich.

At that time Perez told Levy that Ozil was not for sale with the player expected to remain at the Bernabeu, but the German international reportedly became increasingly as the transfer window drew to a close enabling Woolwich to snap him up.

Daniel Levy called Florentino Perez to try and prevent Mesut Ozil's Woolwich move. On receiving the call from Levy, Perez reportedly politely informed the Spurs boss that a deal sending Ozil to Woolwich was all but complete.

The news is sure to put further strain on the relationship between Real and Tottenham after Levy delayed Gareth Bale's move to Spain until he could bring in replacements, amidst rumours that the club had become infuriated with the way Real had conducted their business.

Sky Sports news also claimed last week that Levy had a role in preventing a Madrid player joining Woolwich ahead of the north London derby, played last weekend.
Either we have a 'Special Relationship'... or we don't....
Clearly, we don't!

@ AlMacca_ AlMacca_ the problem is that hey didn't even loan us some players who aren't even starters and then sold their most creative player to our biggest rival..why not sell him to psg, bayern or even juve? I know the player has a say but we didnt sell modric to chelsea or man u. We sold him to them for
installments when we could have made more elsewhere. They weren't even discreet, just contant tapping up of bale. Forget them being a better club. We have the resources and could have made us a force in europe to become a massive club in europe if we kept our best players. At the end of the day the player has a contract and should honour it. Im tired of seeing us as a stepping stone to tge so called big clubs. We have bought well but we need a world class player to win things other wise we can say bye to hugo, jan and lamela in 2 years

Where do you think we get our players from? Corinthians were gutted Paulinho went to us, Roma fans are in uproar about Lamela leaving, Chadli was FC Twenty's best player, Eriksen was Ajax's best player etc. etc. etc....
This is football, this is life. They have just paid £86m for a player worth probably £40m think you will find there is only one winner in this deal and that is us.

Their are 12 clubs above us in the Deloitte money tables plus Monaco, PSG and probably Zenit, expect these teams to swoop for our best players it will happen, get used to it.

Maybe I'm naïve as I dunno what we've gained out of this "special relationship".
To me...... it's seems like 1 way traffic, Madrid are making up the rules and we are being mugged off.

There is a petition here to end this relationship.

http://www.change.org/petitions/tot...trategic-partnership-with-real-madrid-2#share

1 thing that has come out of the end of season..... I now have 1 more item on my bucket list.

Next time I'm in Spain, take a piss on Madrid's stadium. Maybe I'll get lucky and will be touching cloth at the same time :avbdamn:

that petition

tumblr_lr2l7tY7sw1qf5xh3o1_500.gif

While we are starting shit petitions I am up for a petition to get better catering staff at the ground.
Sure the service that is currently provided is against the Geneva convention. Maybe.

#priorities

Lets also make a petition for Levy to get a hair transplant operation while we're at it... :levystare:now that would be some good use of the Bale money

Pretty sure I was on Twitter something about the THST asking for full clarification on the agreement at the next meeting (not sure when it was but thought it was around yesterday?).

Any news from that?

Maybe I'm naïve as I dunno what we've gained out of this "special relationship".
To me...... it's seems like 1 way traffic, Madrid are making up the rules and we are being mugged off.

http://www.change.org/petitions/tot...trategic-partnership-with-real-madrid-2#share

1 thing that has come out of the end of season..... I now have 1 more item on my bucket list.

Next time I'm in Spain, take a piss on Madrid's stadium. Maybe I'll get lucky and will be touching cloth at the same time :avbdamn:

Imagine Levy's face when he sees this. He'll be incandescent with "yeah, bothered".

What about our agreement with the Brazilians, at least the Real one has led to further deals.

What about our agreement with the Brazilians, at least the Real one has led to further deals.

To be fair I think we have made decent use of the deal with Internacional. Sandro has spent quite a bit of time there being treated by their medical staff. These deals aren't always about transfers. It looks like we have a similar arrangement with Ajax at the moment with the use of that blood cycling treatment.

Do people think that not being in a partnership is going to

A) stop Madrid being interested in our players
B) stop the way they conduct transfer business
C) stop them from selling players to our rivals

?

1 way traffic?? have people forgotten the amount RM have paid for Bale and Rat face in the past 2 years??? The way they went about getting both players is redic But we are not special in that treatment they do the same thing to every club that has a player they HAVE TO HAVE!!

RM are a Massive club and almost every player on the planet will no doubt want to play for them (and the Wages they Pay) the special Relationship was nothing something to tell us to make the loss of rat face easier to bare, the fact we have brought in 7 BRILLIANT players and made ALOT of money from bale is the only reason we haven't had a silly excuse this time.

People need to get over it and so fucking what who the scum got.. may be if we stopped worrying about what there doin for just 1 season we will have a better season than them.finishing above them ISNT the clubs target it shouldnt be ours (dont get me wrong id FUCKING love to finish about them cunts) but our target is to get CL football or if i dare say Maybe go for the title in a season or 2.

I don't sign petitions, as a rule. Largely they're meaningless feel-good exercises.

But I do feel that this partnership needs to go.

Seriously, is there any point to it? All it does is draw attention to the fact that this partnership is clearly one in name only, and it really doesn't reflect well on Spurs' position.

1 way traffic?? have people forgotten the amount RM have paid for Bale and Rat face in the past 2 years???
So what's your point, that Madrid paid extra because of our "relationship"? They would have pursued Bale and Modric regardless of a fucking partnership.

But we are not special in that treatment they do the same thing to every club that has a player they HAVE TO HAVE!!
Then what the fuck is the point?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

They basically tell us when they want us on the other side of the glory hole....

A fuck buddy who withholds their number...

Back
Top Bottom