Real Madrid V TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

CLl94uyXAAQzm3u.jpg

I'd go with something like that tomorrow - only use the players we probably won't start on Saturday, unless they only played 45 minutes or less yesterday.

I would start McGee in goal, but if Vorm is starting on Saturday I think he needs some extra catching practice tomorrow...

I'll get flacked off for this, but are these games this week ideal? No I don't think so, but not because of fitness. It doesn't allow fine tuning for the first game but this is good for fitness.

You know you train for a marathon? You fucking run; you run a lot leading up to the race. Getting a good run out will help fitness not hamper.

You get into game shape by playing games, not practicing.

When I was in school I was a competitive freestyle skier and I got a chance to ski with Jonny Moseley about two years after he won gold at Nagano. The only thing that I asked him about his time at the Olympics was what his training was like, and he said that the day before his championship run was one of the hardest training sessions he's ever had in his life. Granted, two WILDLY different sports, but the point is that truly top level athletes are training CONSTANTLY and most people are looking at this from the perspective of amateurs. Just cause we would be knackered from 90 minutes on a Tuesday doesn't mean our boys will. Not to mention, today looked like they weren't even remotely trying.

We should play the U21's and get the hell out of there tomorrow.
Completely agree mate - BTW are we preparing for Man U on the hoof? The one game (the first) that in theory you have the most time to prepare for. Madness. They won't have bedded in their players, and with proper preparation we could have had a great chance. Of course we might wing it still, but it's unprofessional.

Hey! You've made that joke before!

Still gave you a funny :adebaehug:

Apologies .... I've been walking around what feels like half of Dorset today looking for ingredients to a cake ... Got back had to cook a curry & said cake .... I'm literally now just sitting down to my dinner.... And all along cracking puns to try & make people smile... I think at this rate I'll be worn out by the Man U game & Poch will need to get a stand in for me.... I'm trying my hardest buddy . I just hope some of the TFC yoof can step up to the plate when its Kick Off come Saturday .

:adethumbup:

:pocheyes:

Apologies .... I've been walking around what feels like half of Dorset today looking for ingredients to a cake ... Got back had to cook a curry & said cake .... I'm literally now just sitting down to my dinner.... And all along cracking puns to try & make people smile... I think at this rate I'll be worn out by the Man U game & Poch will need to get a stand in for me.... I'm trying my hardest buddy . I just hope some of the TFC yoof can step up to the plate when its Kick Off come Saturday .

:adethumbup:

:pocheyes:

P96pX.jpg

Vorm - Should have done better to save the Bale goal and his distribution is more than questionable.
Walker - Looked good, will probably get the start against United but if we base it on MLS game just having Trippier playing creates more chances, so I'm still not convinced Walker is the proper option going forward.
Alderweireld - Without question will be playing against United.
Wimmer - In my eyes he looked MUCH better today than he did against MLS. Maybe he'll play United, but I somehow doubt it.
Rose - Ran a little hot and cold today, but clearly better option than Davies.
Dier - Fucking trash as a CDM, does not need to be playing in that position whatsoever. His passing today was shit.
Alli - Obviously a great bit of skill displayed at times, but IMO still doesn't look ready to start.
Dembele - It's so tough to watch this guy. He is so good on the ball, but he just plays such a negative style.
Eriksen - He'll clearly start against United, should have scored today.
Lamela - Not ready for this season.
Kane - Why in the hell he played as many minutes as he did is beyond me. Next to no involvement, hard to judge.

Chadli - He'll start against United, but it was a lot of the same with him. He disappears and all of a sudden shows up making a shot.
Bentaleb - Poor performance today, but he'll get the start on Saturday.
Carroll - I think he should be sitting on the bench as an option behind Eriksen, but that's based on not really having anyone else there at the present time that could be an alternative (Pritchard once he's fully healthy).
Winks - Not much to say. Figure he's getting loaned.
Onomah - Again, we didn't get him involved. Might as well use him as backup at this point and he had better play 90 minutes tomorrow.
It's strange because when we signed Vorm he was supposedly renowned for commanding his area and being like an extra outfield player with his distribution/footwork.
I just get this Chriches vibe with him. He's never been any good at crosses, too slow off his line and is very inconsistent. He makes easy saves look hard as he cannot hold onto the ball. I can't see any outstanding qualities. He's not even a keeper I'd call tidy, i.e., nothing special but does most thing competently.
For all intents and purposes supposed to be a fantastic shot stopper, but I haven't seen that here yet.
Doesn't fill me with confidence.
Prove me wrong Michel as you are lined up for No1. Keeps supposedly peak at 31-35,so we should see his best soon.

It's strange because when we signed Vorm he was supposedly renowned for commanding his area and being like an extra outfield player with his distribution/footwork.
I just get this Chriches vibe with him. He's never been any good at crosses, too slow off his line and is very inconsistent. He makes easy saves look hard as he cannot hold onto the ball. I can't see any outstanding qualities. He's not even a keeper I'd call tidy, i.e., nothing special but does most thing competently.
For all intents and purposes supposed to be a fantastic shot stopper, but I haven't seen that here yet.
Doesn't fill me with confidence.
Prove me wrong Michel as you are lined up for No1. Keeps supposedly peak at 31-35,so we should see his best soon.

Believe me we're fine. You should see Chelsea's #2 Begovic. :dawsonlol:

Any ineptitude displayed by any Spurs player today should be immediately forgotten ( and there was a lot)

The players should NOT have been out there & they seemed to be totally aware of that.

Tomorrow will be even worse I suspect. I am puzzled how coming last in a shite made up pre season cup competition is good for business, but I'll defer to Captain Baldy & Donna Maria of ENIC fame for explanations.

What I will take issue with is Bale's stupid heart hands & stuck out tounge when he scored. Neither was necessary & both gestures disrespectful (My view)

That opening header for Madrid has to be questioned, good job we have some training sessions to learn basic defending before United away !

Any ineptitude displayed by any Spurs player today should be immediately forgotten ( and there was a lot)

The players should NOT have been out there & they seemed to be totally aware of that.

Tomorrow will be even worse I suspect. I am puzzled how coming last in a shite made up pre season cup competition is good for business, but I'll defer to Captain Baldy & Donna Maria of ENIC fame for explanations.

What I will take issue with is Bale's stupid heart hands & stuck out tounge when he scored. Neither was necessary & both gestures disrespectful (My view)

That opening header for Madrid has to be questioned, good job we have some training sessions to learn basic defending before United away !
Seriously? He does that gesture to his wife and child, and he now celebrates with his present team mates -
Tottenham Hotspur are not a religion and our shirts not a shrine to ex players.

He's moved on - let him.

BT Sports mate.
Yeah mate, you're a bit late.
Fuck me, why is it people are so quick to correct you than comment on the point. It's irrelevant.
If Sky, er sorry, BT can change schedules why did we have to be televised on Saturday when others were switched to Sunday to be televised?
Do they have to have a set amount of Man U Games each or do they just choose?
Did we agree to this tournament before they decided to start the PL a week early. If we did, why can they not accommodate?
The Tournament was agreed to before the fixture list was made. So, maybe it was.
Anyway, if we didn't it still means they were also aware of it yet chose to switch two other fixtures to Sunday and not ours.
I don't know how they work out the games, but they do it after the fixture list and they know who's paying where and when.
I can guarantee you this. If Man U were playing this tournament they would be playing on Sunday. No question about it.
Now, I am sorry for being a stupid cunt and not releasing we are on BT Sports.

Fuck me, why is it people are so quick to correct you than comment on the point. It's irrelevant.
If Sky, er sorry, BT can change schedules why did we have to be televised on Saturday when others were switched to Sunday to be televised?
Did we agree to this tournament before they decided to start the PL a week early. If we did, why can they not accommodate?
The Tournament was agreed to before the fixture list was made. So, maybe it was.
Anyway, if we didn't it still means they were also aware of it yet chose to switch two other fixtures to Sunday and not ours.
I don't know how they work out the games, but they do it after the fixture list and they know who's paying where and when.
I can guarantee you this. If Man U were playing this tournament they would be playing on Sunday. No question about it.
Calm down mate - it's only a bit of joshing.

How much money are we making from this trip to Germany?
Just asking to get an idea of what dropping three points for the first game of the season is worth.
How much do we make from the Europa league, as I wonder how much it's worth dropping points that eventually cost us playing on Thursday and Sunday?
Like the 7 points we dropped at home last season after a Thursday night.

It's not rolled out as an excuse for fatigue by many playing in that competition, so why should playing 3 days before a game matter now?

Seriously? He does that gesture to his wife and child, and he now celebrates with his present team mates -
Tottenham Hotspur are not a religion and our shirts not a shrine to ex players.

He's moved on - let him.
His view - this is your view. My view is he didn't need to do it in a friendly against the club that made him.

I was reading the thread behind the match as I had recorded it. Sorry for jumping on an innocent mistake.
As far as the early kick off is concerned, because the "Audi Cup" is all about money and is not a real tournament, the Premier League can, quite rightly, tell us to fuck off when we whine about the fixtures being too close together.
If you're looking for someone to blame for this fiasco, look at the sinister bald bloke and his minions.

How much do we make from the Europa league, as I wonder how much it's worth dropping points that eventually cost us playing on Thursday and Sunday?
Like the 7 points we dropped at home last season after a Thursday night.

It's not rolled out as an excuse for fatigue by many playing in that competition, so why should playing 3 days before a game matter now?
5 million last season till we got knocked out.

Calm down mate - it's only a bit of joshing.
I am calm, and I am joshing.
I cant help that it's hard to understand the context of text. It depends on how you read it.
Maybe there should be different fonts?
Yet I thought the last sentence made it clear of the context.
He obviously never read my other post so I made the point again.

Back
Top Bottom