Real Madrid V TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What is good to see is that our signings, Wimmer and Alli looked great. Trippier in the MLS game also looked good.

What is very concerning is that our attacking 4 seems to offer no movement and we don't have many options there.

First off. Massive thanks to SoCalSpurs for the stream, worked a treat, as odd as it was for the T.V station to focus on cut aways of the Bayern bus arriving and the very helpful goal line technology despite the ball flying into the net.

Alot of debate on here to weather our midfield has improved and also the point of playing these games. I would much prefer to watch the Spurs of the future and lads who have put in years of hard graft to play the for the club than Capoue wandering about or Paulinho just being himself. Whose to say Alli, Winks e.t.c will be at their level or above once this season is over. We all saw enough of the players who have now left to know they were never gonna be good enough.

The tournament could have been better timed, but we all saw the pace of the game in the second half, as we are led to believe the training under Poch is fucking brutal so two games over two days using the whole squad with a cosy business class flight back really won't impact us in terms of fatigue. Clubs tend to have their most grueling training on a Thursday before a Saturday fixture anyway whereas i guess we will be resting.

Think of the likes of Harry Winks, he's bound to only have grown hungrier as a player and developed the expierience of playing in a huge stadium against ReaL Madrid, it won't have been at any detrement that's for sure.

The club will sign a striker, almost certainly two. We will also add a centre mid, add these to the young line up we already have and I'm really excited to see what is going to develop, as long as fan's are willing to be patient we should all look forward to a side building for the next 5-10 years. Baring in mind only a season and a half ago we had a squad which had fuck all identity, no players really breaking through and merceneries collecting a hugely inflated pay cheque.

THE FUTURE'S BRIGHT, THE FUTURE'S LILLY-FUCKING-WHITE

:bentalebscream:

Apparently, we asked for our game against Man Utd to be postponed becasue we have 3 games in a week..
Well we agreed to it in the first place so that's just plain embarrassing.

Mauricio Pochettino has revealed that Tottenham asked the Premier League for a postponement to their opening match against Manchester United on Saturday, per the Manchester Evening News.

Spurs are set to face the Red Devils on Saturday lunchtime in the first fixture of the new season, after the Premier League moved it for television coverage.

However the contest will be Tottenham’s third of the week after pre-season matches against Real Madrid on Tuesday and either Bayern Munich or AC Milan on Wednesday.

And Pochettino has admitted he is unsure if he squad will be physically ready for the Premier League match at Old Trafford.

The Argentine coach said: “You need to accept to come to the tournament before the end of the last season and you never know (your fixtures).

“It is not a big problem. We are ready to compete tomorrow and Wednesday and after to compete on Saturday.

“We tried to change the (United) game to Sunday but it was impossible for the Premier League and we said we needed to manage (things) in a different way.”
Fuck, that is embarrassing. I feel sorry that Poch has to try to explain this shambles when Levy dropped him in it. Fucking joke.

Don't know which one of us joined this forum first sammyspurs sammyspurs , but I can't recall posting a bad thing about you. I hope you agree that is the case.

However, you are now royally getting on my fucking tits with this shite. If you can't support the team without point scoring and trying to win the Internet, please just shut the fuck up.

I'd hope if I were ruining your enjoyment of this forum, you'd tell me and I'd also hope to be big enough to take note. So fire away if need be.

He said we agreed to it at the end of last season, before the fixtures.
Blame Sky if anyone. Why did they make it their Saturday live fixture at 12.45? The Premier league gave them permission to change the time. We didn't know we were going to get Man U and Sky demand the EPL change the KO time like they demand they move Liverpools and Woolwich's games to Sunday.
Could have easily changed Woolwich's or Poo's to a Saturday. That would have been fair seeing as Woolwich and Poo's last games were on Sunday and they had prior knowledge and ample time to do it.

Anyway, we will have to get used to it, because as everyone seems to agree, there's not much wrong with play Thursday and Sunday all season. Tiredness should not be a problem as they are athletes and paid a lot to play.
Shouldn't have agreed to the Europa league then, should we?.
The game is on BT...

I missed the game.
I know we lost, but is it worth a watch?

Plus, anyone care to sum it up?

Thanks!

Na bit of a slow preseason game really, they parked the bus for most of it surprisingly given their talents, we controlled the midfield for much of it.

We did most of the passing but our Movement particularly the attacking 3 was predictable although RM were very solid.

First goal was a mix up and second was a poor pass from Bentaleb followed by a typical Bale run and 25 yarder. Overall deserved a draw but you don't get to be Real Madrid without being ruthless.

Alli was the best player on the pitch by a distance (even nutmegged Modric) and Wimmer was good in the first half. Game did highlight the need for explosive players like Berahino and Werner going forward.

CLl6TqDWIAAcULl.jpg

Kane putting the cunt in his place

Back
Top Bottom