Real Madrid V TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes, but not the fixture. If we would have had Norwich at home I don't suppose we would have been trying to.
When they saw they fixture list they could have made an effort to televise it on a Sunday though. That's probably why we asked.
Really it should be even more so easier to change to Sunday.
But we shouldn't have taken the tournament. We don't need the money these things make or US and Asian tours generate.
We should fuck them all off.

Levy is so small time, he is the type of guy who probably uses a tesco points card ,while filling up his trolley with shite, and by shite i mean paulinho, soldado and co:levywhoa:

Last 25-30 minutes was poop but before that I thought we gave a decent account of ourselves. Ali showed he has what it takes to play a part in our season, Dembele looked hungry, Kane looked isolated, we saw again how our defensive set-up is open to easy to exploit whenever a mistake is made...

Bad timing for a pre-season match but a useful indication that the weaknesses of last season have not been addressed.

Hopefully the likes of Onomah etc play tomorrow. Probably good enough to beat this dreadful AC Milan team.

I just want to see Alli playing again. Exciting.

i think what i have noticed from our last two games is the following

- our defence has improved, yes we have conceded four but we aren't being carved open as easily as last season.Wimmer, Alderweireld and vertonghen are fantastic options.

-Harry Kane needs a break,i cannot see him picking up off from last season, another striker needs to take the weight off his shoulder

-Eriksen is the lockpicker , our creativity dissapears with him,absolutely essential player
-Ali looks fresh and hungry, nut megging modrat shows his confidence, he should be played ahead of bentaleb
-Trippier is a joy to watch going forward
-Dembele maintained posession well
-Lamela and chadli look useless,then again they are inverted wingers, with overlapping full backs we might see their true potential this season
-yes and we need lloris asap

This is our best 11 imo for manure away.

-------------Kane-----------------
Chadli ----Eriksen---Lamela
----------Ali----Dembele---------
Rose-Vert- Alder----Trippier
-------------lloris--------------------

Kane in goal & lloris up top, I like it. It give the more active players a rest , sitting at the back.

Email the club

Vorm - Should have done better to save the Bale goal and his distribution is more than questionable.
Walker - Looked good, will probably get the start against United but if we base it on MLS game just having Trippier playing creates more chances, so I'm still not convinced Walker is the proper option going forward.
Alderweireld - Without question will be playing against United.
Wimmer - In my eyes he looked MUCH better today than he did against MLS. Maybe he'll play United, but I somehow doubt it.
Rose - Ran a little hot and cold today, but clearly better option than Davies.
Dier - Fucking trash as a CDM, does not need to be playing in that position whatsoever. His passing today was shit.
Alli - Obviously a great bit of skill displayed at times, but IMO still doesn't look ready to start.
Dembele - It's so tough to watch this guy. He is so good on the ball, but he just plays such a negative style.
Eriksen - He'll clearly start against United, should have scored today.
Lamela - Not ready for this season.
Kane - Why in the hell he played as many minutes as he did is beyond me. Next to no involvement, hard to judge.

Chadli - He'll start against United, but it was a lot of the same with him. He disappears and all of a sudden shows up making a shot.
Bentaleb - Poor performance today, but he'll get the start on Saturday.
Carroll - I think he should be sitting on the bench as an option behind Eriksen, but that's based on not really having anyone else there at the present time that could be an alternative (Pritchard once he's fully healthy).
Winks - Not much to say. Figure he's getting loaned.
Onomah - Again, we didn't get him involved. Might as well use him as backup at this point and he had better play 90 minutes tomorrow.

Even if our match was Sunday we shouldn't be playing two friendlies the week of our season opener. I believe we are the only team in the whole league that have scheduled friendlies for this week. It's a greedy cash grab plain and simple.
Chelsea plays on Wednesday. Regardless of what other teams are doing it's still pretty shitty.

CLl6TqDWIAAcULl.jpg

Kane putting the cunt in his place

Yes, but not the fixture. If we would have had Norwich at home I don't suppose we would have been trying to.
When they saw they fixture list they could have made an effort to televise it on a Sunday though. That's probably why we asked.
Really it should be even more so easier to change to Sunday.
But we shouldn't have taken the tournament. We don't need the money these things make or US and Asian tours generate.
We should fuck them all off.
Yes I tend to agree but clearly money talks...

The only thing with the Bale - didn't it bounce right before him? The feed I was watching wasn't great so not sure but if it did most keepers will tell you that's one of the hardest to save. I may be wrong though.

He said we agreed to it at the end of last season, before the fixtures.
Blame Sky if anyone. Why did they make it their Saturday live fixture at 12.45? The Premier league gave them permission to change the time. We didn't know we were going to get Man U and Sky demand the EPL change the KO time like they demand they move Liverpools and Woolwich's games to Sunday.
Could have easily changed Woolwich's or Poo's to a Saturday. That would have been fair seeing as Woolwich and Poo's last games were on Sunday and they had prior knowledge and ample time to do it.

Anyway, we will have to get used to it, because as everyone seems to agree, there's not much wrong with play Thursday and Sunday all season. Tiredness should not be a problem as they are athletes and paid a lot to play.
Shouldn't have agreed to the Europa league then, should we?.

BT Sports mate.

I'll get flacked off for this, but are these games this week ideal? No I don't think so, but not because of fitness. It doesn't allow fine tuning for the first game but this is good for fitness.

You know you train for a marathon? You fucking run; you run a lot leading up to the race. Getting a good run out will help fitness not hamper.

You get into game shape by playing games, not practicing.

I wouldn't bet on it....
"is it in Augustish??" :levyeyes:
is my guess!
Usually August the 16th.
So, it depends on when we agreed to this really. If we committed to this before they informed everyone we would kick off a week early, it's bad luck. We would have had one week before KO.
However, if we had committed to this after they decided to start a week early, then it's questionable.

Back
Top Bottom