Real Madrid V TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ramos is not only a cunt but a shit footballer. Would love to see him play for a team that actually has to defend he makes schoolboy errors every match I see Real.

Yeah, Ramos is a shit defender. Veteran Madrid defender, 100+ caps for Spain in (perhaps) their best years ever, CL winner, numerous championships.
Fucking shit, I'd choose Eric fucking Dier anyday. :avbshock:

Thoughts on the game.

- Slow encounter. Both teams played it like a friendly, as expected. Would have been a good experience regardless. Alli to play against the likes of Kroos and Modric, even in a friendly environment is a good test. Kane up against a resolute defence consisting of Ramos and Varane would have been a real test too and he had a tough time.

- Delle Alli was outstanding. It's hard not to get excited about him. He isn't some slight kid from the lower leagues who impressed. He's a youngster, who has a real good build for Premier League football but he has a delicate touch, good range of passing and we KNOW he can score. I know the comparison isn't the best but he reminds me of a young Jenas, I just hope he breaks past that ceiling and surpasses his overall talent.

- We need a defensive midfielder. Even though we knew this already. Dier wasn't good enough. I am confident we'll get one but I think people will be disappointed it's not the likes of Bender and Kramer. Bentaleb and Dier would be good but lack defensively, unless both are going to be working ridiculously hard every game and track back. I think they'd both work well in a midfield three, perhaps with Dembele for now.

- I thought we looked fine defensively, until Vertonghen come on. I like Vertonghen but I honestly don't know what's wrong with him. His body positioning and movement for Bales goal was hilarious. Alderweireld looks good, comfortable on both feet and if his direct passing is consistent, he can be a threat with his passes outwide. Wimmer looked solid too, I saw him for Koln last season and I know he can be a rock in our defence, he plays a lot older then he is.

- Lack of pace. We looked better when Chadli come on but he's still not rapid. Eriksen was dreadful, again. It's a shame that Eriksen only ever looks good on the left because that means Chadli would have to miss out, unless we put Chadli on the right. A winger is needed or even a wide forward with pace to threaten. We saw how Walker caused their left side problems, just lack of final product.

- Overall, I enjoyed the game for what it was. A pre-season friendly. Nice to see Bale didn't celebrate. Berbatov and Carrick before him have. I look forward to the AC Milan game tonight, I hope to see an entirely different eleven and see the likes of Onomah, Trippier etc in the line up.

Edited due to massive crying:

SPURS ARE THE BEST

NEVER JOKE ABOUT IT

SPURS WILL WIN 10-0

SPURS ARE THE BEST

REAL POO POO MADRID

GO SPURS

NEVER JOKE ABOUT IT

Last edited:
Get off Rose you space chimp cunt.

I read this a totally different way.............

giphy.gif

Funny how Nabil escapes criticism for making mistakes. Rose, Chadli. lamela, Mason would have been crucified.
Lamela was getting it and he was the one who made a pass and ran 40 yards for our only real chance.

Not the first he made today either, and he got away with a similar pass when he came on.
He, as well as many others, made numerous mistakes last season. That's our problem.
2 mistakes in less than 10 seconds and we concede.
We gave them both goals today.
The other is lack of movement. A CDM shielding the back 4 is not going to change that.

Still a few positives. Alli, I believe, is ready. Didn't get overwhelmed and the ref was giving them everything they fell over for.
Still need to get in some players who can make runs. Our lack of movement is really worrying. The same thing is happening when we play teams who sit in 2 banks of four.
Rose & Vertonghen throwing the hands up gesturing towards the front 3 when they have to play it square or back.
When you watched Poch's southampton team they made lots of one two's and movement off the ball.
Our players are not the same. Eriksen, Chadli, Dembele are not those kind of players. Very easy to contain if you keep a disciplined line.

I think most manager know how to set up to contain us. Even Benetiz.

This is not a melt, just an observation.
I didn't think we did too bad considering we were set up to get slaughtered. We can only learn from it.
This year will be more of the same. Young players learning. Let's just hope in between the park the bus at WHL sides we play some decent stuff.
Also, I await with interest the new ins. Hurry up & get Soldado and Ade sorted. It can only be they have not gone as we have are still tying up the replacements.
A player like Yarmalenko would do us the world of good.
We are far too static in the final third.

Last edited:
I'll get flacked off for this, but are these games this week ideal? No I don't think so, but not because of fitness. It doesn't allow fine tuning for the first game but this is good for fitness.

You know you train for a marathon? You fucking run; you run a lot leading up to the race. Getting a good run out will help fitness not hamper.

You get into game shape by playing games, not practicing.

When I was in school I was a competitive freestyle skier and I got a chance to ski with Jonny Moseley about two years after he won gold at Nagano. The only thing that I asked him about his time at the Olympics was what his training was like, and he said that the day before his championship run was one of the hardest training sessions he's ever had in his life. Granted, two WILDLY different sports, but the point is that truly top level athletes are training CONSTANTLY and most people are looking at this from the perspective of amateurs. Just cause we would be knackered from 90 minutes on a Tuesday doesn't mean our boys will. Not to mention, today looked like they weren't even remotely trying.

Yeah mate, you're a bit late.
Fuck me, why is it people are so quick to correct you than comment on the point. It's irrelevant.
If Sky, er sorry, BT can change schedules why did we have to be televised on Saturday when others were switched to Sunday to be televised?
Do they have to have a set amount of Man U Games each or do they just choose?
Did we agree to this tournament before they decided to start the PL a week early. If we did, why can they not accommodate?
The Tournament was agreed to before the fixture list was made. So, maybe it was.
Anyway, if we didn't it still means they were also aware of it yet chose to switch two other fixtures to Sunday and not ours.
I don't know how they work out the games, but they do it after the fixture list and they know who's paying where and when.
I can guarantee you this. If Man U were playing this tournament they would be playing on Sunday. No question about it.
Now, I am sorry for being a stupid cunt and not releasing we are on BT Sports.

I was reading the thread behind the match as I had recorded it. Sorry for jumping on an innocent mistake.
As far as the early kick off is concerned, because the "Audi Cup" is all about money and is not a real tournament, the Premier League can, quite rightly, tell us to fuck off when we whine about the fixtures being too close together.
If you're looking for someone to blame for this fiasco, look at the sinister bald bloke and his minions.

It's not rolled out as an excuse for fatigue by many playing in that competition, so why should playing 3 days before a game matter now?

It's 2 games before a prem game not 1. All in the space of a week . I know it's only friendlies but it's still a bizarre set up

...............Lloris
Trippier...Toby...Jan...Rose
......Mason......Bentaleb
Lamela....Eriksen.......Chadli
...............Kane

Whats your line ups??

COYS!!

Cant wait for this one! COOOOOOOOYS!!

Back
Top Bottom