Rennes VS Tottenham Hotspur. Thursday 16th September 17:45 Euro Conf League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why would we need to save him? He hasn’t played one minute of football since May. Get him out there and see if he can be bothered. A player with his talent should be able to make mincemeat of Rennes, especially as he should be fully fresh.
Good point, play him, then see how he backs up , if he’s put some effort in mid week

I will care about this when we are playing the game, but it's tough to give a fuck about it after the Palace game and with Chelsea next, North London Derby to follow that.

Which I know makes zero sense, as I'm posting in the fucking match thread! But what I mean to say is, if we win this game I'm not gonna get excited about it and if we lose it, I care much more about what happens in the next 2 league games anyway.

FOK FOK whats your OMT record?

We need to go strong in this? This pot could be the saviour of our season. I wonder if it’s possible to have a sub manager. One who is on the progressive side of timid as a kitten.

FOK FOK whats your OMT record?

We need to go strong in this? This pot could be the saviour of our season. I wonder if it’s possible to have a sub manager. One who is on the progressive side of timid as a kitten.
currently 0 for 0

so I guess we'll see.

Gollini
Emerson - Tanganga - Rodon - Davies
Skipp - Winks
Lucas - Dele - Gil
Scarlett

1-1.

Good point, play him, then see how he backs up , if he’s put some effort in mid week
He should have started today if he’s been training as much as we’re hearing

Couldn’t have done worse than Winks

Very difficult selection for Nuno, it’s clear that our second string cannot be trusted away in Europe (see Antwerp, LASK, Zagreb, Pacos etc) but we have so many injuries and such a huge game on Sunday it’s not really worth taking a strong team to a fixture we don’t really need to win.

Hopefully Ndombele plays and plays well, the team needs him.
Our second string couldn’t be trusted in a kick about at power league 5 a side

Rotate the team as much as you can

I don't care about this competition and Chelsea is a very big game. A lot of fan discontent atm. Lots of pressure to perform at home v Chelsea.

Gollini
Doherty Tanganga Rodon Davies
Winks Skipp Ndombele (or something like that)

(Idk who in front of that. Whoever we have left)...

Some of the players who went to internationals looked pretty drained, so think we need to give them the match off so they are better prepared for Chelsea, so no Hojbjerg or Kane, and given Skipp didn't look fully recovered against Palace, I can't see him starting either. Possibly on bench but hopefully not brought on ?

With Lo Celso, Sanchez and Romero still quarantining in Croatia and a few injures we are going to be stretched.

I'd certainly play Ndombele against a French team, Gil needs minutes as does Rodon and I think we need to use some youngsters - maybe White as the DM given that we need to rest Hojbjerg and Skipp.for example. And with Bergwijn being injured, I don't think we can risk Moura, so given Markanday's form in preseason and u23's I'd give him a start too (the alternative is probably Clarke) - makes our attack a bit inexperienced but not sure we have too many choices.

Gollini.
Doherty. Tanganga, Rodon, Davies.
Winks, Ndombele, White
Gil, Scarlett, Markanday.
Subs : Austin, Royal, Reguillon, Omole, Fagan-Walcott, Skipp, Hjolberg, John, Dele , Clarke, Moura Kane

There's also a PL2 fixture against Blackburn next day, where the u21 squad is going to look a bit thin too - maybe Oluwayemi, Lavinier, Paskotsi, Muir, Cesay, Lyons-Foster, Craig, Craig, Devine, Mundle Santiago with bench mainly of u18 players as there aren't too many other u21's. And problem with that is there are a few u18's injured so on Saturday we had to start with two u16's getting their debuts. So we seem stretched everywhere through injuries and quarantining

Gollini.
Doherty. Tanganga, Rodon, Davies.
Winks, Ndombele, White
Gil, Scarlett, Markanday.
Subs : Austin, Royal, Reguillon, Omole, Fagan-Walcott, Skipp, Hjolberg, John, Dele , Clarke, Moura Kane
You have posted a few teams on this board since I joined containing many academy players and the manager has not agreed :rolleyes: but I think there is a good chance of 10 of those XI starting. Any kind of decent display and all XI should get minutes at least.
Personally I think he will start Clarke.

Back
Top Bottom