Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

EC1538-D4-051-C-4-B07-911-E-535-E503-F5-CF9.jpg

1-DAAAE91-6-E9-A-4-DF1-935-C-0584-D85-ADCB4.jpg

not football I know but Tottenham fans....
Just watching an old Top of the Pops and DC5 were performing "Bits and Pieces". They recorded under the label 'The Tottenham Sound" and were the first British group to have their own private plane.
Although I love CSWY as our team song, I have always envied Palace having 'Glad All Over' as theirs.

Going to post this here - good a place as any. I've always thought there was a similarity with TOTP and the FA Cup. When musicians and footballers are kids, all they dream about is playing on TOTP/ in FA Cup, then they/their clubs think they're too big for it. We've seen the demise of TOTP, will the FA Cup go the same way? (A lot of people already think it's on its last legs already)

1919-B79-F-5846-4-E8-C-88-F3-7-D50-F47312-B4.jpg

taking a corner kick for England but wasn’t aware he took set piece?
Took a good few corners, free kicks and of course penalties.
Scored direct from a corner, IIRC?

Scored a penalty against Banks.
Banks was in the back of the net, cleaning his hands on the only piece of grass available and had his back to Jimmy.
Jimmy rolled it into the opposite corner, just messing about, expecting the ref to disallow it. The ref allowed it and Banks went nuts.

Just watching an old Top of the Pops and DC5 were performing "Bits and Pieces". They recorded under the label 'The Tottenham Sound" and were the first British group to have their own private plane.
Although I love CSWY as our team song, I have always envied Palace having 'Glad All Over' as theirs.

Going to post this here - good a place as any. I've always thought there was a similarity with TOTP and the FA Cup. When musicians and footballers are kids, all they dream about is playing on TOTP/ in FA Cup, then they/their clubs think they're too big for it. We've seen the demise of TOTP, will the FA Cup go the same way? (A lot of people already think it's on its last legs already)
Wow, after all these years I've just figured out what Legacy Lilywhite Legacy Lilywhite name stands for.

Took a good few corners, free kicks and of course penalties.
Scored direct from a corner, IIRC?

Scored a penalty against Banks.
Banks was in the back of the net, cleaning his hands on the only piece of grass available and had his back to Jimmy.
Jimmy rolled it into the opposite corner, just messing about, expecting the ref to disallow it. The ref allowed it and Banks went nuts.
I don't remember any of that, unfortunately only caught Jimmy's last season with us.

Back
Top Bottom