Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

3-FA8-C796-BCF4-45-FC-AE75-09-DBA005-EDBA.jpg

Just watching an old Top of the Pops and DC5 were performing "Bits and Pieces". They recorded under the label 'The Tottenham Sound" and were the first British group to have their own private plane.
Although I love CSWY as our team song, I have always envied Palace having 'Glad All Over' as theirs.

Going to post this here - good a place as any. I've always thought there was a similarity with TOTP and the FA Cup. When musicians and footballers are kids, all they dream about is playing on TOTP/ in FA Cup, then they/their clubs think they're too big for it. We've seen the demise of TOTP, will the FA Cup go the same way? (A lot of people already think it's on its last legs already)

CSWY is going to be one of the songs that is played when I eventually sign my wedding papers next year

Be a tribute to the other love of my life

I’ve just sicked a little

Just watching an old Top of the Pops and DC5 were performing "Bits and Pieces". They recorded under the label 'The Tottenham Sound" and were the first British group to have their own private plane.
Although I love CSWY as our team song, I have always envied Palace having 'Glad All Over' as theirs.
It's a great one. I grew up in South London suburbia so went to Palace a lot as a kid, it was a great song to hear as the teams came out. Real foot stomper

11904632-8829-415-F-82-C6-14-C5-FD0-A4-FB4.jpg

C6851985-F5-F4-4-EC5-802-D-43-C27-F11-F55-B.jpg

where and when I don’t know?

The black and white picture looks like the Paxton, round about 1980-81 or a bit later. (Wore one of the those hats at the cup final). Still have it. The top picture looks like a bit earlier with the fans having silk scarves. Looks like the Paxton again, might be wrong.

I don't remember any of that, unfortunately only caught Jimmy's last season with us.
I never saw him play for us..
Only know this through books.

I've got a very vague memory of Jimmy having a goal taken off of him (could be the corner kick one). This was the season that Clive Allen scored 49 goals in a season, 86 - 87, I think?

Anybody know more/better?
Or is my memory playing tricks?

CSWY is going to be one of the songs that is played when I eventually sign my wedding papers next year

Be a tribute to the other love of my life

I’ve just sicked a little

No, don't do it!! Its a trap!!! :hugoshock: :sonlol:

Seriously, best of luck with it. Hopefully things are back to normal by then so you can have a proper knees up.
My brother is supposed to be getting married in February, but with the 15 guest limit he's postponed it. There's 18 already with the two immediate families so they wouldn't be able to invite any friends or grandparents.

Back
Top Bottom