Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jennings230pct.jpg

Somewhat related...I'm experimenting with a few bits 'n' pieces and thought I'd use Spurs players, mostly from the past, for some illustrations.

Es9JfIh.jpg
Es9JfIh.jpg
Es9JfIh.jpg

At the end of the 1976 season, Spurs went on a tour. They came to Toronto to play the Metros-Croatia, who had Eusebio on their team. I took a bus from Kingston, went to the ticket office, explained where I was from ("Kingston, Jamaica?" the Croatian replied.) and I asked if I could meet the team after the game. So my scarf went into the dressing room and I mingled with them in a post match buffet. Left to right, Steve Perryman, Terry Neil (manager), Gerry Armstrong, Willie Young, Keith Osgood, Chris Jones, Glenn Hoddle, Ralph Coates, Barry Daines, Don Mcallister, Nick Stead (whom I spoke to on the field after the game), Jimmy Neighbour, Terry Naylor. I've missed a few as I can't remember the whole team now.

Last edited:
Who in their right mind at Atlet would have thought that sales would have taken off after sponsoring a football programme.
Companies would be the official match sponsor for the same reason that everyone pays to advertise. At that time almost all SPURS fans owned fork lift trucks. It was a no brainer for them to sponsor the club

Back
Top Bottom