Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good chance I'm in that photo. View wasn't as good as the shelf, but looking at a full shelf from there was fantastic.
I find the old pictures of the stadium through the decades fascinating. Growing up I thought the 1981 West Stand was the dogs bollocks - it was very stylish for it's time with the double level of boxes. Only held 6,900 seats however - which I didn't realise at the time, thinking it looked cool, so it must have been massive. Love the new stadium, though part of me wishes we'd just replaced the West Stand with something huge that would have got us to 50k, and kept the rest.

Never got to go to WHL pre the 1990s sadly,

He obviously wanted to be closer to the action...

Welcome back. Whilst I don't usually like speaking for all, I would like to think everyone on here hopes you are doing as best as possible, given everything.
I just wanted to add that of course I know a lot of you have already communicated with Mrs P, and I didn't wish to come across as being TFC 'spokesman/woman' (now, that would be a poll) but rather I was hopefully speaking for the Great Unwashed, as it were. You know who you are.

Anyone remember these games?

942a92-bd7a3d121b074383a20b4c72948a65d6-mv2.jpg
Be-Vti-A6-CEAAye7b.jpg
Coventry March 1996
The Norwich game could be either February 1990 or November 1990

November 1990... We won 2-1... I wanna say Lineker with both... (but promise I didn't look it up!!)

I was in the Paxton that night... So technically, I'm in that photo!
The photo is taken from the Paxton end so sorry but technically you are not in it. 😁 I was 13 then and stood on the east lower park lane end.

This reminds me of the time I did the tour of the old stadium and Robbo was the host. I had been interjecting comments as we were going round (couldn't help myself). When he related the story about getting kicked in the mouth by Chrissie in the final, I said that the nurse at the London Hospital Dental surgery was the sister of one of my friends, Robbo said he thought I was going to say that I actually had the tooth!
Bristolyid - why the disagree?

Back
Top Bottom