Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sonny needs a goal but we need to win matches so Conte has to find the balance till then .
I wish Kane would let him take a pen just to help get his momentum going again. I support Kane taking the pens generally, but it would sure be big of him to help out a teammate that has supported him to the hilt.

Perfect to use the outside of the foot and it undid the defense and keeper completely and was done with such perfection that Kane didn’t even have to move. Beautiful. For me it was the best cross I’ve seen in ages.
Agree- it was supremely class- and for him it win it back and hold off his man beforehand to complete the play was excellent to see. It was exactly what we bought him for.

I wish Kane would let him take a pen just to help get his momentum going again. I support Kane taking the pens generally, but it would sure be big of him to help out a teammate that has supported him to the hilt.
To be fair to Kane, Henderson looks like he's inherited the Mark Crossley knack for saving penalties. He did the same thing against West Ham. Forest have got themselves a quality keeper there.

Plus, letting Son take a penalty could backfire if he misses and West Ham away is a very hostile environment to take a penalty.

To be fair to Kane, Henderson looks like he's inherited the Mark Crossley knack for saving penalties. He did the same thing against West Ham. Forest have got themselves a quality keeper there.

Plus, letting Son take a penalty could backfire if he misses and West Ham away is a very hostile environment to take a penalty.
No doubt their keeper did well- I'm actually wondering if we should be looking at him- not sure Lloris would have saved that, though of course that's just one aspect of keeping. Anyways my ask is not really about Kane missing today but rather about helping a teammate regain momentum. Maybe another game instead of West Ham- I agree with you that it's a tough atmosphere there.

His cross was superb, but what appears to be going under the radar is how well he does to win the ball back. His aggression, strength and desire was all on display before he gets the chance to cross. Has to start against West Ham.

His cross was superb, but what appears to be going under the radar is how well he does to win the ball back. His aggression, strength and desire was all on display before he gets the chance to cross. Has to start against West Ham.
He plays with a nastiness to his game that only really Romero can match in our squad.

Not saying that he is a dirty player, but that he fights for everything on the pitch and it shows.

Great cameo

And for now that's what he/we need.

He will start games but for now Conte is doing the right thing by Son, who of the front 3 is yet to fire.

But Richarlison gives us a different energy and so he provides a different but high grade challenge.

I still think we absolutely need someone for Kulusevski when he tires or his form dips. It has to be addressed before the window closes.

He plays with a nastiness to his game that only really Romero can match in our squad.

Not saying that he is a dirty player, but that he fights for everything on the pitch and it shows.
For me the biggest difference between the two is that Richarlison has a sense of maturity that stops him from making needless fouls like the hair pulling incident, or a rough challenge when it really isn’t needed.

I was watching and tv and i looked away when the ball was heading out towards the sideline thinking the attack had broke down only to look back to see our Number 1 nutter play a superb ball onto Kane's head .

He is going to be involved in so many goals this year with his willingness to fight for every ball.

It’s small club mentality comparing Son and Richarlison, they are very different players offering different attacking dynamics and both will get plenty of minutes this season. The whole Son thing is getting so overblown, it’s a squad game plain and simple.

It is small club mentality to suggest that Son should start 100% of the games, despite his performance levels. Which have been really poor. Like... poorest in past 3-4 years.

Both, Son and Richie are currently on 0 goals and 1 assist. But Richie has played 63 minutes opposed to Son 316 minutes. But as you said - they are different players. Richalidson helps us to control the tempo and build the attack. Son is lethal finisher who is an absolute sniper in finishing counter-attacks.

Now yesterday we let Forest have 17 shots, week before it was Wolves with 20 shots.
Of course many of the attempts were very hopeful and not big risks... but at least yesterday it was clear that team with more clinical strikers would absolutely take some of those chances. Issue is - we fail to impose our tempo to the game.

And if attacking output is equal, despite 5x less playing time AND Richie would help us to play more on the front foot, then I'd say it would be only reasonable to start with Richie in West Ham game. Cause despite his undeniable class and quality, team (Spurs) is bigger than player (Son)...

It is small club mentality to suggest that Son should start 100% of the games, despite his performance levels. Which have been really poor. Like... poorest in past 3-4 years.

Both, Son and Richie are currently on 0 goals and 1 assist. But Richie has played 63 minutes opposed to Son 316 minutes. But as you said - they are different players. Richalidson helps us to control the tempo and build the attack. Son is lethal finisher who is an absolute sniper in finishing counter-attacks.

Now yesterday we let Forest have 17 shots, week before it was Wolves with 20 shots.
Of course many of the attempts were very hopeful and not big risks... but at least yesterday it was clear that team with more clinical strikers would absolutely take some of those chances. Issue is - we fail to impose our tempo to the game.

And if attacking output is equal, despite 5x less playing time AND Richie would help us to play more on the front foot, then I'd say it would be only reasonable to start with Richie in West Ham game. Cause despite his undeniable class and quality, team (Spurs) is bigger than player (Son)...
I'm not blind to the idea that no player is undroppable, but Son got the golden boot last year and certainly has earned a bit of leeway.

Back
Top Bottom